What is better, no guns, or more guns?

5 minutes ago, KW95 said:

But the NRA B word said that she was living by herself at 20 and needed a gun to protect herself 

so how will they increase the age if the NRA rep doesn’t agree

I think they qualified it with “certain types of rifles” or something like that. It would have to be carefully crafted, but I fail to see how this would INEVITABLY lead to any assault on the second amendment or taking guns from people. As others have stated, 21 is the age in many areas for handgun ownership.

I grant this is only one part of the issue, but it IS a part despite what hardliners would have you believe.

Edited by Rockpile233

Just now, KW95 said:

What do you think? Should be pretty obvious. And I don’t live in an organized country like the States.

So you have no guns, you don't know anything about guns, but are certain that absolutely no person anywhere should ever have an AR-15 in their home.

Are you one of those people who thinks white film critics should not be allowed to write a review for "Black Panther"?

11 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I don’t need “ expertise authority “ to know, see and understand what normal behavior of a society is. One  that should be living together in harmony and respect of one another. 

Making AR-15 available to the everyday average joe is financially driven and then brainwashed to the weak links of this society through making you believe it has something to do with the second amendment.

Rubio received 3.2 million dollars in the last 3 years from the NRA.  No wonder he couldn’t tell his people that he would stop accepting NRA donations. Now if it was 10,000 donation, I’d bet any fool in here that yesterday he would have agreed to stop acceptIng donations.

my beloved Bills fans. At the end of the day, Money Talks and bull **** walks.

Why is your opinion is AR15s more valid than anyone elses?

Without some kind of facts or expertise, why should I believe you over anyone else?

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I think they qualified it with “certain types of rifles” or something like that. It would have to be carefully crafted, but I fail to see how this would INEVITABLY lead to any assault on the second amendment or taking guns from people. As others have stated, 21 is the age in many areas for handgun ownership.

I grant this is only one part of the issue, but it IS a part despite what hardliners would have you believe.

What was the age of the guy that shot up the bar in Florida

Just now, Joe Miner said:

Why is your opinion is AR15s more valid than anyone elses?

Without some kind of facts or expertise, why should I believe you over anyone else?

You don’t have to. I wrote earlier that I can’t understand why someone would want an AR-15 or AK-47. 

Sorry for my ignorance.

A nice healthy discussion is good! 

We are all Bills fans. We should have AK47d Rex Ryan outta here!

1 minute ago, KW95 said:

You don’t have to. I wrote earlier that I can’t understand why someone would want an AR-15 or AK-47. 

Sorry for my ignorance.

So you can't understand the need our desire, but feel qualified to declare that no one should have an AR15?

Why should your failings of intellect or experience limit the rights of others?

Just now, KW95 said:

I typically limit my efforts to things that actually have a chance in hell of happening.

You’re not going to stop everything. It makes sense to me to limit an emotional teenager (especially with the arrested development we see today) from purchasing a high powered rifle.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

So you can't understand the need our desire, but feel qualified to declare that no one should have an AR15?

Why should your failings of intellect or experience limit the rights of others?

I still stand by that declaration!  No one, and I repeat, no one should possess and AR15 in their homes. 

1 minute ago, KW95 said:

Sorry for my ignorance.

Actually, what you wrote is "No citizen in this world should have an AR-15 in their homes."

That's not suggesting you can't understand the desire. That's saying you don't care if you don't understand the desire, your desire to ban the gun is greater than their desire to want one.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Actually, what you wrote is "No citizen in this world should have an AR-15 in their homes."

That's not suggesting you can't understand the desire. That's saying you don't care if you don't understand the desire, your desire to ban the gun is greater than their desire to want one.

its so much fun being the devil's advocate and nit picking on every little word and detail.  We could go on for days and days! 

I clearly stated earlier that: People can keep certain types of guns for Sporting, Hunting, Protection.

I don't see the need for AR-15 in our society.

What is next? Cuz the future is just around the corner and there will be more powerful ( useless ) type weapons that the average Joe will be able to buy!

2 minutes ago, KW95 said:

its so much fun being the devil's advocate and nit picking on every little word and detail.  We could go on for days and days! 

I clearly stated earlier that: People can keep certain types of guns for Sporting, Hunting, Protection.

I don't see the need for AR-15 in our society.

What is next? Cuz the future is just around the corner and there will be more powerful ( useless ) type weapons that the average Joe will be able to buy!

Your argument defines the need precisely.

The Second Amendment exists to protect the rights of Americans.

You seek to use the power of government top infringe on the rights of Americans.

Guns like the AR-15 are a wonderful tool for defending those rights by making holes in the people trying to infringe on them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tell us, what are the restrictions in Brazil regarding gun ownership?

its such a mess here 3rd.  The restrictions are there, but you cant control it.  A police officer here makes 15 thousand dollars per year.  They more corrupt than the gangsters.

Dont even try to imagine or compare a Great Country like USA against a shithole like Brazil.

36 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I typically limit my efforts to things that actually have a chance in hell of happening.

You’re not going to stop everything. It makes sense to me to limit an emotional teenager (especially with the arrested development we see today) from purchasing a high powered rifle.

I could almost get on board with this, if it wasn't for the fact that we deem 18 year olds old enough to vote and to be conscripted into the military against their will. If you're enough of an adult to elect leaders and potentially be forced to die for your country, you're enough of an adult to exercise all your other constitutional rights as well.the reason I say I could almost get on board with it is I'm not convinced that your average 18 year old is actually mature enough to handle those other responsibilities, but I also don't see anyone lining up to raise the selective service registration age to 21 or to repeal the 26th amendment. 

Edited to add: instead of advocating for raising the voting age, the same people pushing for an increased age to purchase firearms are advocating for turning to children fresh off a severely traumatic experience for rational leadership along with lowering the voting age, which nullifies any argument they want to make about 18 being too young  to buy a gun even if there are valid points to be made in that area.

Edited by Chandemonium
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Can't wait!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, garybusey said:

To the right wing militia on this board.. what's the difference between a gun grabber and a communist gun grabber?

Thanks!

I believe it's the same as a weak sarcasm post.....................and your posts.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Dems want gun control, but worry it could cost them midterms...

Now.......................why is that ?

I thought that gun "control" was an overwhelming demand by Americans....................or is it just "newsrooms" ?

There's a 100% chance you did not actually read the article if those are your two questions that come from it.