What is better, no guns, or more guns?

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, and this stupidity originates in SJW and PC attitudes.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm more concerned with the more fundamental stupidity where people are so stupid, they can't identify a square root symbol and think it's a drawing of a gun.  That's the part that's funny.  You're fixating on the damp corner of the basement view, which is less interesting and unfunny.

48 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Posted without comment.

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-22%20at%201.03.5
Students in Louisiana thought this math symbol looked like a gun. Police were called

A discussion among students at Oberlin High School in Oberlin, La., about a mathematical symbol led to a police investigation and a search of one of the student’s homes, according to the Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office.

n the afternoon of Feb. 20, detectives investigated a report of terroristic threats at the school, where they learned that a student had been completing a math problem that required drawing the square-root sign.

Students in the group began commenting that the symbol, which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number, looked like a gun.

(Excerpt) Read more at miamiherald.com ...

To be fair, I'm more scared of those than guns personally.

And also: '...which represents a number that when multiplied by itself equals another number...'???

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I understand what you're saying, but I'm more concerned with the more fundamental stupidity where people are so stupid, they can't identify a square root symbol and think it's a drawing of a gun.  That's the part that's funny.  You're fixating on the damp corner of the basement view, which is less interesting and unfunny.

Think if they had seen this:

div symbol.jpg

A number of businesses have decided to publicly break off their relationships with the National Rifle Association, ending discount programs they offered to NRA members. Car rental company Hertz, Cybersecurity company and Lifelock owner Symantec, MetLife, and security company Simplisafe have decided to part ways with the lobbying group. Other companies—ranging from backers of the NRA credit card, backers of the NRA Carry Guard insurance card, car rental companies, and hotel chains—have also recently announced that it would not seek contract renewals with the NRA. This comes as the NRA has been increasingly scrutinized after the Parkland school shooting over its strong gun lobbying operation, and after the NRA has been on the defensive against these attacks at events like the CNN town hall and the Conservative Political Action Conference.

12 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

That article was ridiculous. While the headline was, technically, correct, the reality is that the police were called because one kid said something stupid and the classroom snowflakes responded, and THEN the police were called.

What's stupid is that this idiocy made it into a newspaper.  What wouldn't surprise me is if LA Grant showed up to let everyone know that after this incident, the number of mass shootings at schools so far this year *could* have almost been 19.

Just now, LABillzFan said:

That article was ridiculous. While the headline was, technically, correct, the reality is that the police were called because one kid said something stupid and the classroom snowflakes responded, and THEN the police were called.

What's stupid is that this idiocy made it into a newspaper.  What wouldn't surprise me is if LA Grant showed up to let everyone know that after this incident, the number of mass shootings at schools so far this year *could* have almost been 19.

Holy crap! LaDitz actually got something right! He then spoiled it with a stupid comment against a good poster, but can't expect too much from him. 

Just now, B-Man said:

Which was my point..

I am waiting to hear that the Miami Herald is going to sponsor a live Town Hall on CNN with kids from the classroom talking about how triggered they were by the entire event, and their plan to have a statewide walk-out tomorrow to protest the use of ill-conceived math symbols.

We're up to four now...............:angry:

Coral Springs police upset at some Broward deputies for not entering school

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

I hope @browardsheriff department is sued off the face of the Earth

So Israel knew full well that his deputies stood by and did NOTHING while he was blaming @dloesch and the @NRA for his own office's failures.

If only there was, oh I don't know, some type of information industry that was interested in looking into these details a week ago,

before 8 days of "the NRA and GOP have blood on their hands".

“You are NOT standing up for these students.” - Sheriff Israel to @NRA spokeswoman..... NO, that would be you and your department

.Maybe the only people who deserve to lose their firearms is the Broward Sheriff's Office.

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We're up to four now...............:angry:

Coral Springs police upset at some Broward deputies for not entering school

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

I hope @browardsheriff department is sued off the face of the Earth

So Israel knew full well that his deputies stood by and did NOTHING while he was blaming @dloesch and the @NRA for his own office's failures.

If only there was, oh I don't know, some type of information industry that was interested in looking into these details a week ago,

before 8 days of "the NRA and GOP have blood on their hands".

“You are NOT standing up for these students.” - Sheriff Israel to @NRA spokeswoman..... NO, that would be you and your department

.Maybe the only people who deserve to lose their firearms is the Broward Sheriff's Office.

CNN is toast. 

This is just going to get worse for them. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

CNN is toast. 

This is just going to get worse for them. 

I'm not too bothered by the sherrifs not running in to an active shooting situation.  That is not how they're trained to respond - that isn't even how SWAT is trained to respond.

But Israel's actions afterwards are reprehensible.

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But Israel's actions afterwards are reprehensible.

That "Lion" doesn't care about your "sheepy" criticism Tom.

It’s almost as if the narrative and agenda were set long before we knew a lot of pertinent facts.

Strange how that happens.

Where is the list of businesses not associating with Broward County Sheriff's dpt. any more ?

cuffy128_bigger.jpgCuffy‏ @CuffyMeh

FollowFollow @CuffyMeh
Do you pronounce "Broward" as in "Bro Word" or as in "Cow-ard"

Just now, B-Man said:

PATHETIC:

Screen-Shot-2018-02-25-at-10.44.54-AM-53

Somebody on Twitter was claiming that this clown was set to be Hillary’s choice for FBI director. Given his behavior, that seems entirely plausible.

RELATED: Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel admits that at time of CNN forum he knew of reports Deputy didn’t enter school.

2qmg.jpg

2573s7.jpg