What is better, no guns, or more guns?

More guns..................wins again.

Wow, so a killer was deterred by armed security and instead chose a 'gun free' zone. Shocking! http://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-gun-free-zones-mass-shootings-20160713-snap-story.html?outputType=amp  https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/979049763399233536 

Ever since the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, many on the Left have cited the lack of immediate response from the deputy on duty as evidence that the “good guy with a gun” approach isn’t an effective deterrent to would-be shooters. At the same time, more “gun free zones” liberals say help ensure everyone’s safety have been called for. With that in mind, here’s the latest news about Pulse Nightclub mass murderer Omar Mateen and why he chose that location:

l9PSFLJb_normal.jpg

Prosecutors: Pulse attacker intended to attack Disney World's shopping and entertainment complex by hiding a gun in a stroller, but became spooked by police and instead chose the gay club as his target. https://nbcnews.to/2pKPlNq

He got “spooked”? In other words: he was deterred by good guys with guns.

Edited by B-Man

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

More guns..................wins again.

Wow, so a killer was deterred by armed security and instead chose a 'gun free' zone. Shocking! http://www.latimes.com/opinion/readersreact/la-ol-le-gun-free-zones-mass-shootings-20160713-snap-story.html?outputType=amp  https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/979049763399233536 

Ever since the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, many on the Left have cited the lack of immediate response from the deputy on duty as evidence that the “good guy with a gun” approach isn’t an effective deterrent to would-be shooters. At the same time, more “gun free zones” liberals say help ensure everyone’s safety have been called for. With that in mind, here’s the latest news about Pulse Nightclub mass murderer Omar Mateen and why he chose that location:

He got “spooked”? In other words: he was deterred by good guys with guns.

This is a fairly obvious point.

Mass shooters seek out victims.  Victims are more easily found among the disarmed.  This is buttressed by the fact the most mass shooters shoot themselves after being engaged.  They are not interested in fire fights.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, B-Man said:

Leftist/Media/dems/ (students ?)  fail

NBC/WSJ poll shocker: Majority of Americans say owning a gun increases safety

Quick !.........more marches.

Okay, but the purpose of the march was to ban call for a ban of selling semi-automatic rifles similar to the AR-15.  I think.  Every poll I've looked at has at least 60% agree (regardless of how the semi-automatic rifle was defined/worded) in the question.  I personally am fine with the gun laws now, but I believe that was the purpose of the march.

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Okay, but the purpose of the march was to ban call for a ban of selling semi-automatic rifles similar to the AR-15.  I think.  Every poll I've looked at has at least 60% agree (regardless of how the semi-automatic rifle was defined/worded) in the question.  I personally am fine with the gun laws now, but I believe that was the purpose of the march.

retired-supreme-court-justice-john-paul-

6 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

retired-supreme-court-justice-john-paul-

Well, that's a bad example if you're arguing the purpose of the march wasn't just to ban semi-automatic rifles similar to the AR-15.  It looks like an AR-15 which people blame them still being legal to buy because of the 2nd Amendment if the sole purpose was to ban. There were some signs though that said ban all guns and abolish 2nd amendment so the message of the march was a little nebulous.  If they interviewed people you'd probably get many different answers on what changes they want to see to existing gun laws.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well, that's a bad example if you're arguing the purpose of the march wasn't just to ban semi-automatic rifles similar to the AR-15.  It looks like an AR-15 which people blame them still being legal to buy because of the 2nd Amendment if the sole purpose was to ban. There were some signs though that said ban all guns and abolish 2nd amendment so the message of the march was a little nebulous.  If they interviewed people you'd probably get many different answers on what changes they want to see to existing gun laws.

Regardless of what their stated purpose might be, their actual purpose is to ban private ownership of firearms.   They'll take inch after inch until they get the whole mile, as the last 100 years of legislation clearly demonstrate.

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The liberal purpose is to strip all Americans of the right to private gun ownership, and if they don't say it they are lying by omission.

Liberals amend this by making sure that they and their rich and powerful friends retain their right to private gun ownership.

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I am still immensely dividied on this subject and will always be, along with abortion.

But, disirregardless of how I feel about guns and what is right or wrong it is a right given to us.  So, as disclosure I have shifted from a viewpoint of limiting gun ownership 20 years ago to repealing all gun laws now.  And I own no firearms, as preferenced by !@#$s who said I shouldn't.

So, the biggest issue tackling the second is the group wanting to tweak the second amendment begins by trying to whittle down the right piece by piece on something they seem to know very little about.  In their stream of consciousness they take away every bit of gun ownership until they make the 2nd a moot point. At that point the majority of the country becomes opposed.

If they want to take any momentum they need to take a better tactical approach and stop shitting in themselves. When Rubio was ready to ban bump stocks and all of that they said it wasn't enough and mocked him. That took all pressure off Rubio to comply. Nothing was good enough in their argument and all the voices crying for change just became noise.

They need to look at how MADD changed alcohol sales and go systematically at each state, at each leader, at each local level and then blast the federal government in to a con to change everything. 

WE DON’T NEED NO THOUGHT CONTROL: Seventh-Grade Assignment: Write Letters to Lawmakers Begging for Gun Control.

“I looked at it, and I told my son, ‘No, you’re not doing that assignment,’” Lee said. “Then I emailed his teacher the next day and told him that my son would not be writing that.”

Blue Lives reports that the teacher agreed to exempt Lee’s son from the assignment without penalty. According to Lee, there were other parents in the class who had issues with the homework, but they didn’t find out about it until after their children had already turned it in.

It’s not clear whether the teacher intended to actually mail the letters — but the truth is, it doesn’t really matter. Either way, this homework was straight-up propaganda, and it has absolutely no place in our schools. It was obviously the right decision for the teacher to have excused Lee’s son from the work, but propaganda should never have been given as a homework assignment in the first place.

“NOBODY WANTS TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY”: Louisiana Democratic Party Chair Suggests Repealing the Second Amendment.

The chairwoman’s comments put Louisiana’s incumbent Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards in a precarious situation. Edwards, one of the deep South’s lone Democrats in statewide office, was elected in 2015 in part because he emphasized his pro-Second Amendment views. Since taking office, Edwards has walked a tightrope on the topic, expressing limited support for banning bump stocks and strengthening background checks.

If Edwards hopes to be reelected next year, he will need to continue distinguishing himself as someone who is in some ways antithetical to the national Democratic Party, especially on the issue of gun control, in a state that President Donald Trump carried by over 20 points in the 2016 presidential election.

The governor’s office did not return requests for comment.

Edited by B-Man

11 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Whatever, infant

Reasonable comeback from someone unable to stand behind their thoughts.

Tell me:

The choice of the puppet David Hogg and his sycophants to protest Laura Ingram is a direct reflection of their viewpoint which counters her beliefs politically.  Her choice to criticize a public figure like Hogg, who has frequently expressed his belief in his own intellectual superiority, due to his lack of having qualifications to be accepted in to a few schools of higher education was genuine.  It is not without merit and if you refute that then this argument must take a different course.

However, you are supporting a free media criticism of an individual who is casting criticisms against the media. You are supporting someone who is castigating an entire political process that he has yet to be fully educated on (my belief is that there is probably less than 10 people in this world who can grasp what this country is truly based upon with enough cognisant ability to make a criticism to begin with) whilst all the while deflecting any negative criticism upon himself by labeling himself a victim?

Why should he be singled out as someone who cannot be criticized?  The dude is speaking out against an overwhelming majority of Americans, it's entire historical fabric, and doing so from a pulpit where he has yet to even be able to vote in an election.  There is absolutely no reason that Ingram cannot speak out against him because he is a fool. The laymen, yourself and tiberius, would believe that he is being targeted by conservatives because he is a threat to our rights.  He is not a threat. He will embody nothing more than a political puppet to empower a voting base. He will not invoke any change and be nothing more than a collapsed 15 minute of Fame attention whore that will be nothing more famous than the taint of Kim Kardashian.

So, call me an infant all you want. Change this simple argument to a personal insult like Grant does because he is unable to form a reasonable response.

This is just one small step to helping you understand where you are wrong and when you reply, which I seriously doubt you will, I know what you'll say and my response to that is lined up.  I really am going to enjoy embarrassing you but it won't change anything. You are entrenched in the ways of a 6th grade education. 

Edited by Boyst62

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now that's ironic.

just a sec, let me get it sorted out.... lots of time this week in Montreal, a very different type of irony than Toronto....

Edited by row_33

14 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Reasonable comeback from someone unable to stand behind their thoughts.

Tell me:

I don't have to tell you anything.

I'm not supporting anything here or taking a stand one way or another.  I was making fun of the kids.  You realize of course that in the movie Village of the Damned, the kids are evil and have a supernatural power to make people do things against their will and eventually have to be destroyed to prevent them from taking over the world.

It's a joke, you !@#$ing dolt.

8 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

I don't have to tell you anything.

I'm not supporting anything here or taking a stand one way or another.  I was making fun of the kids.  You realize of course that in the movie Village of the Damned, the kids are evil and have a supernatural power to make people do things against their will and eventually have to be destroyed to prevent them from taking over the world.

It's a joke, you !@#$ing dolt.

liberal Americans who can't take a joke are the worst people ever born...

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

liberal Americans who can't take a joke are the worst people ever born...

What with all the French-Canadians up there to the North I would expect you to be pretty familiar with that trait.

Avec tous les Canadiens-français qui se trouvent dans le Nord, je m'attends à ce que vous connaissiez bien ce trait.

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What with all the French-Canadians up there to the North I would expect you to be pretty familiar with that trait.

Avec tous les Canadiens-français qui se trouvent dans le Nord, je m'attends à ce que vous connaissiez bien ce trait.

They are the dominant demographic in our wonderful Province of Quebec and either the north or south of one Maritime province.

Business time in Montreal is sorta like Toronto, but a few noticed differences, mostly appreciated...

18 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

When will the white community address "white on white" gun violence?

Most violent crime is intraracial.  Nobody disputes this.

Your non sequiturs are getting more and more desperate though.  It's kind of adorable.

3 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Actually, the facts dispute that. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

84% of white people murdered by gun violence are murdered by white people. 

I'm gonna assume (probably a poor assumption, but whatever) that you simply misread what I wrote and that you do know what the prefix "intra-" means.

Edited by LeviF91
Oh yay I caught it!
  • Like (+1) 1