What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Like walking into a house during a Cowboys game and splattering peoples brains all over the wall? That Texas culture?

Yeah right... Somebody should have shot the basstard back.

Get real.

You aren't arguing to make a point. I know you're smarter than to try to make a legitimate comparison between gun violence in Chicago and the murder spree of one psychotic, jilted lover in Texas.

Care to try again?

You aren't arguing to make a point. I know you're smarter than to try to make a legitimate comparison between gun violence in Chicago and the murder spree of one psychotic, jilted lover in Texas.

Care to try again?

Well... Why didn't they shoot back... Where were their weapons?

The just pulled a driver over @ O'Hare, Chicago. Guy had an AR-15 and pressure cooker... LoL... The Pressure cooker was used for food. :lol:

So as CNN and friends were mystified over the Boston Marathon bombing I googled pressure cooker as a means of terror and it told me in .0005 seconds who was most likely to use that around the world, then in 5 more seconds I googled that this ethiicity was heavily located around Boston.

So as CNN and friends were mystified over the Boston Marathon bombing I googled pressure cooker as a means of terror and it told me in .0005 seconds who was most likely to use that around the world, then in 5 more seconds I googled that this ethiicity was heavily located around Boston.

Chicago Marathon is tomorrow. Wonder what the Dude was doing. Gonna sit and watch and eat some chili?

Well... Why didn't they shoot back... Where were their weapons?

The just pulled a driver over @ O'Hare, Chicago. Guy had an AR-15 and pressure cooker... LoL... The Pressure cooker was used for food. :lol:

I'm trying to give you an actual opportunity to state a cogent case, but it's beginning to appear that you aren't interested in making one.

I'm trying to give you an actual opportunity to state a cogent case, but it's beginning to appear that you aren't interested in making one.

I brought up the incident where they just pulled over a Dude in Chicago that was transporting a semi-automatic firearm, think he was worried about the legality of it? People just break the law, they don't give a schit.

It doesn't matter what Chicago does with its laws, people will still have their guns. Only way their laws will work is when others get on board too. And yes, that's the scary part that you and others don't want to accept, the "domino effect." I am all for easing the regs up in Chicago and let chaos reign. Then something may actually be done when the violence starts spilling all over the place. Be careful what you wish for. Stop dreaming that everybody will be legally armed and things will get better. They are armed now. I am not talking just people who would be considered criminals, I am talking people who usually play by the rules. You speed don't you, same thing with guns. Stop being naïve. People got them (we will never know who) and will use them if needed.

I get it, nobody gives a phuck what problems others have with guns just as long as YOUR firearms aren't restricted, regulated. Just say it, you want your guns because you want you guns, to hell with everybody else and what damage that selfishness causes. I can accept that.

I brought up the incident where they just pulled over a Dude in Chicago that was transporting a semi-automatic firearm, think he was worried about the legality of it? People just break the law, they don't give a schit.

It doesn't matter what Chicago does with its laws, people will still have their guns. Only way their laws will work is when others get on board too. And yes, that's the scary part that you and others don't want to accept, the "domino effect." I am all for easing the regs up in Chicago and let chaos reign. Then something may actually be done when the violence starts spilling all over the place. Be careful what you wish for. Stop dreaming that everybody will be legally armed and things will get better. They are armed now. I am not talking just people who would be considered criminals, I am talking people who usually play by the rules. You speed don't you, same thing with guns. Stop being naïve. People got them (we will never know who) and will use them if needed.

I get it, nobody gives a phuck what problems others have with guns just as long as YOUR firearms aren't restricted, regulated. Just say it, you want your guns because you want you guns, to hell with everybody else and what damage that selfishness causes. I can accept that.

So your argument is that criminals will have guns no matter what, so the best thing to do is take guns from people who obey the law, to convince criminals to give up their guns too?

How U.S. gun deaths compare to other countries February 3, 2016

Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds.

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher.

U.S. Last on that list Canada #4

Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths.

Compared to all countries U.S. ranked #11 Honduras #1 gun death per 100K population

On this last list of 20 countries with a high gun death rate , poverty would be the common denominator.

Edited by ALF

Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds.

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher.

Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/

Compared to all countries U.S. ranked #11 Honduras #1 gun death per 100K population

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-firearm-related-deaths.html

On this last list of 20 countries with a high gun death rate , poverty would be the common denominator.

that's such a bull **** argument and it's a lie.

We aren't more likely to be killed by a gun.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-firearm-related-deaths.html

How do those numbers change if you eliminate suicides? And adjust for gang violence?

How do those numbers change if you eliminate suicides? And adjust for gang violence?

Why does that matter? The US is 47th last I looked in suicide rate. You would have to look at other countries using guns for their suicides, too, and it surely makes it easier. That is why it is the mode of choice here. Are gang lives less important? Isnt the gang culture of using guns directly related to the county's culture using guns. Havent gangs used guns to kill for 100-150 years or more?

2/3rds of gun deaths are suicides and half of those are committed by men over the age of 45. The vast majority of homicides by firearms are committed by people who are regularly involved in felonius activities. Those two factors account almost all US firearm fatalities.

Our suicide rate isn't high - it's barely above the global average. The only people who think America has a serious gun problem are the uninformed who are programmed by the electronic idiot box. Good luck on your quest to further erode individual liberty in favor of government benevolence. Moron.

Why does that matter? The US is 47th last I looked in suicide rate. You would have to look at other countries using guns for their suicides, too, and it surely makes it easier. That is why it is the mode of choice here. Are gang lives less important? Isnt the gang culture of using guns directly related to the county's culture using guns. Havent gangs used guns to kill for 100-150 years or more?

"Rate" is different from "gross."

Really? Because if you don't account for those differences in a statistical analysis, the comparisons are meaningless. Armed robbery is not suicide is not gang violence is not mass shootings.

Or, to put it another way: when you make such a simplistic per-capita comparison to illustrate "gun violence," how do you know if the operative term in that phrase is "gun" or "violence?"

Really? Because if you don't account for those differences in a statistical analysis, the comparisons are meaningless. Armed robbery is not suicide is not gang violence is not mass shootings.

Or, to put it another way: when you make such a simplistic per-capita comparison to illustrate "gun violence," how do you know if the operative term in that phrase is "gun" or "violence?"

Because in the liberal mindset "fact" and "assumption" are interchangeable.

2/3rds of gun deaths are suicides and half of those are committed by men over the age of 45.

Good luck on your quest to further erode individual liberty in favor of government benevolence. Moron.

I'm not on a quest to further erode individual liberty in favor of government benevolence.

Just citing 2 articles that are of interest to me trying to understand this issue , nothing more.

2013 consisted of 11,208 homicides, 21,175 suicides
Firearms were used to kill 13,286 people in the U.S. in 2015, excluding suicide
Gun violence is most common in poor urban areas and frequently associated with gang violence, often involving male juveniles or young adult males.
And, even though the United States' suicide rate is similar to other countries, the nation's gun-related suicide rate is eight times higher than other high-income countries, researchers said.

Suicide by firearm should be separate from homicides by gun . If they did not have a firearm to commit suicide there are other ways of course.

It looks like the problem is disarming urban poor gang related and getting them living wage jobs .

Edited by ALF

I said you need to consider other countries suicides too. Otherwise your criticism of not considering suicides means nothing.