What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Gun violence is most common in poor urban areas and frequently associated with gang violence, often involving male juveniles or young adult males.

Most of which do not qualify to purchase a gun, so remind me again how another law will stop this?

When liberals cry "we aren't trying to take your guns" they truly believe it, but the problem is I know that the only way to curb the violence is to outlaw guns, which will only reduce it not stop it.

So any "honest" discussion about "common sense laws" is just liberal bull ****.

Most of which do not qualify to purchase a gun, so remind me again how another law will stop this?

When liberals cry "we aren't trying to take your guns" they truly believe it, but the problem is I know that the only way to curb the violence is to outlaw guns, which will only reduce it not stop it.

So any "honest" discussion about "common sense laws" is just liberal bull ****.

illegal guns are a major problem. I have no problem with responsible gun ownership .

If the poor and not gifted for education had access to decent jobs, things would be different imo

illegal guns are a major problem. I have no problem with responsible gun ownership .

If the poor and not gifted for education had access to decent jobs, things would be different imo

what do you consider a decent job for an uneducated person?

(no jokes please, like senator or congressman)

and how is the government going to hand it to them?

what do you consider a decent job for an uneducated person?

(no jokes please, like senator or congressman)

and how is the government going to hand it to them?

A living wage job that they are capable of , is cheaper then prison and crime

During the great depression govt jobs were created for needed projects like infrastructure.

My father and uncles were employed by the WPA program then enlisted for WWII

Edited by ALF

During the great depression govt jobs were created for needed projects like infrastructure.

we aren't in that era anymore, the TVA would be another if you don't put it in FDR make-work projects

but those were tough times

THIS IS THE MOST BLESSED AND CUSHY TIMES we have experience in Canada and the US

and if you can't do a darn useful thing in these useful times...

To the thread title, if I need to shoot someone I'd prefer more guns to no gun.

I'm not on a quest to further erode individual liberty in favor of government benevolence.

Just citing 2 articles that are of interest to me trying to understand this issue , nothing more.

2013 consisted of 11,208 homicides, 21,175 suicides

Firearms were used to kill 13,286 people in the U.S. in 2015, excluding suicide

Gun violence is most common in poor urban areas and frequently associated with gang violence, often involving male juveniles or young adult males.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

And, even though the United States' suicide rate is similar to other countries, the nation's gun-related suicide rate is eight times higher than other high-income countries, researchers said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/

Suicide by firearm should be separate from homicides by gun . If they did not have a firearm to commit suicide there are other ways of course.

It looks like the problem is disarming urban poor gang related and getting them living wage jobs .

This seems to support the theory that less guns wouldn't affect suicide rates. People just use a different method.

Man are you going to piss off the unions.

Las Vegas security guard Jesus Campos disappears moments before TV interviews.

“We were in a room and we came out and he was gone.”

This case gets curiouser and curiouser.

I really hate it when the media needs to making something sound bigger and badder than it already is by qualifying in terms of when it took place 'in modern US history."

Can someone tell us the date that represents the beginning of 'modern US history?"

I really hate it when the media needs to making something sound bigger and badder than it already is by qualifying in terms of when it took place 'in modern US history."

Can someone tell us the date that represents the beginning of 'modern US history?"

It began in 1966, at the corner of Derousse Avenue and River Road in Pennsauken, NJ. No one ever told you?

• 4 weeks later...

At least 20 feared dead in ‘mass shooting’ at Texas church

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/05/mass-shooting-reported-at-texas-sutherland-springs-church.html

Looks to be a mental health issue............prayers for everyone there.

Our prayers are with all who were harmed by this evil act. Our thanks to law enforcement for their response. More details from DPS soon. https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/927248847910375424 

May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan.

Edited by B-Man

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

Not a Muslim, so we'll be told it's too soon to talk about solutions. And of course gun control and more scrutiny of who should be allowed to own guns can't be on the table.

Never let a crisis go to waste, eh?

People are dead, time to politicize it! Stay classy PJ, stay classy.

Edited by Koko78