Rd7 Pick #237 OT Seantrel Henderson U of Miami

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that his mug shot?

He's a Miami hurricane. The team uses mugshots in their media guide. Why bother taking new pictures of players when the local precinct has them all on file?

He's a Miami hurricane. The team uses mugshots in their media guide. Why bother taking new pictures of players when the local precinct has them all on file?

As I recall, you are an FSU fan . . . .

here are MMQB.coms thoughts:

"

Bills: OT Seantrel Henderson (seventh round)

I don’t care if he was a seventh-round pick. And I don’t care that if you drew a picture of a franchise left tackle, this 6-7, 331-pound athlete with sweet feet would be it. Henderson has been nothing but trouble since being one of the top high school recruits in the country. Multiple failed drug tests during college at Miami and then, again, reportedly during the scouting combine. Henderson couldn’t even finish his pro day workout. And on the field, he’s not even good. Henderson didn’t come close to earning the privilege of hearing his name called during the draft. He should have been undrafted. That’s what he earned."

Edited by Reed83HOF

I love the pick in the 7th. Off the charts talent, can he pull it together and work up to his potential?

I laughed out loud when I heard the pick. Henderson was suspended a number of games when he was with the Canes

here are Peter Kings thoughts:

"

I don’t care if he was a seventh-round pick. And I don’t care that if you drew a picture of a franchise left tackle, this 6-7, 331-pound athlete with sweet feet would be it. Henderson has been nothing but trouble since being one of the top high school recruits in the country. Multiple failed drug tests during college at Miami and then, again, reportedly during the scouting combine. Henderson couldn’t even finish his pro day workout. And on the field, he’s not even good. Henderson didn’t come close to earning the privilege of hearing his name called during the draft. He should have been undrafted. That’s what he earned."

I think those are Greg Bedard's thoughts, actually.

here are Peter Kings thoughts:

"

Wow. From the sounds of it, he won't make it to training camp. Sounds like the type that earned everything the easy way until he started facing better competition and he couldn't handle it. Instead of challenging himself to get better, he quit. I don't see some sudden character transformation taking place this year. I think as soon as some UDFA DE hands him his ass, he'll be gone. Hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow. From the sounds of it, he won't make it to training camp. Sounds like the type that earned everything the easy way until he started facing better competition and he couldn't handle it. Instead of challenging himself to get better, he quit. I don't see some sudden character transformation taking place this year. I think as soon as some UDFA DE hands him his ass, he'll be gone. Hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

Unfortunately (for him) you're probably right.

Very low % probability that he turns into anything.

Just another one of those guys who would be good if he were somebody else.

Most people are not cut out to succeed in ultra competitive environments, no matter how gifted.

Wouldn't necessarily hold that against anyone on a personal level.

NFL is not for everyone.

I think those are Greg Bedard's thoughts, actually.

You are correct; I am so used to MMQB and it being a Peter King Article that I just typed the wrong darn name!

GO BILLS!!!

From what I have saw of him; the kid can play - just has no brain. I saw somewhere Whaley told him that he has only one chance....

Edited by Reed83HOF

Isn't the "10 things I think I think" Peter King's schtick?

And I agree, it's a curious pick. Low risk with potential for high reward, but probably will end up being no reward.

He is probably spinning one up to celebrate!

You know what? I don't even care if he does. The fact he couldn't cease smoking for the week (or so) before the test is a bit troublesome....But if he had passed the test he would've been taken in the fourth or fifth.

GO BILLS!!!

I was pretty anti-burfict after he showed up fat and failed his drug test, and he's surprised me greatly. So you never know. But I like to see some sort of light go on before I buy into these guys and henderson hasn't shown a flicker in a long time. You never know if/when it will - and I hope it does NOW, but I'm not holding my breathe. It's not that he's made mistakes but that it comes across like he is too good to care that leads me to believe he won't go far here. Atleast with da'rick you could point to a year without drug issues, a year of elite production and some people that coached him that would go to bat for him... I've seen nothing like that that with henderson. Maybe someone more familiar with the kid can shine some light there. He does have ELITE measurables though, if he can start getting his head together.

Dareus is going to need to send Henderson his connection for the synthetic weed that can't be detected on drug tests.

Just kidding. I hope he makes it and if everyone remembers Sapp was a Cane, and was nabbed for pot a couple of times. If he straightens out he could make the squad. I really loved Hei we kept with Buddy's philosophy and got bigger.

Reminds me when we took Jasper. I really wanted that guy to make it and he was worth a 7 th rounder to see. I was kind of surprised he couldn't make it as an OG. I know tried at NT but then we tried him at Guard.

That's what you do with 7 th round picks. Take a shot and see what happens. You know Marrone will have little patience with him.

Sadly I agree with this. He went to USC out of HS and was allowed to opt out, UM was his second choice and he was underwhelming to say the least. Great frame but other than that he will be depth IF he makes the team. Once placed on the PS he will lose interest and either fail a test or get cut. On the flip side I would love to eat these words.