Former Jills suing the Bills

Whats wrong with Pete?

Seriously, you're a Bills fan and you have to ask that? Unbelievable!

You might not remember his chopping to the throat when Norwood was lining up for a GW FG against his JESTS the year after SBXXV.

But you should remember he was the HC of the Pats* for the "Just-give-it-to-them" game. The game, I might add, where he went for two instead of kicking the extra point when The Bills went to the locker room because they were so pizzed off.

Pete Carrol is a sleazemeister extroadinare. He should be in jail for what he did at USC.

IMO

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This is still going on?

CBF

This (in the link) is new, a spin-off from the Jills situation.

A new bill would require professional sports teams to treat their cheerleaders as employees and pay them minimum wage, with the proposal inspired by a lawsuit filed by five former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders.
Edited by CodeMonkey

• 7 months later...

"Former Buffalo Jills cheerleaders can move ahead with a class action lawsuit against the Buffalo Bills, a State Supreme Court judge ruled last week.

Justice Timothy J. Drury declared that a class action “would be a far more efficient means of litigation as opposed to a multitude of individual lawsuits.”

Drury further denied the football team’s claim that the cheerleaders were independent contractors since all of the Jills were bound by a Code of Conduct, a handbook of rules which governed their lives down to the most intimate details of personal hygiene.

In addition to telling the women how to dress and wear their hair, the handbook included instructions on what kind of soap to use and how to eat."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/10/jills-win-ruling-in-fight-for-better-wages/

what puzzles me is the girls knew what they were signing up for......if they did not like the idea/pay/workload..they should not have "tried" out. I remember a time in this country where you had individual responsibility Today if you spill hot coffee on your lap, or you smoke all your life, you don't like working conditions in a volunteering job.....you call a lawyer.

Funny thing is Jills are not actually missed by fans......enjoy the Drumline

PS-had 2 relatives who were Jills in the "lean" Bills years of the early 80s they agree they did it for the enjoyment, not the $$$$

This is an ugly thing from all perspectives. Females jiggling their wares for entertainment is crass enough. Everything else just goes downhill from there. It may just be me, but I don't see sexist shaking continuing. Are they wanting back wages for something they agreed to -to begin with, or 'mo' money' for future shaking? If it's the latter, I don't see a future.. The former? Tough! Deal with it.

what puzzles me is the girls knew what they were signing up for......if they did not like the idea/pay/workload..they should not have "tried" out. I remember a time in this country where you had individual responsibility Today if you spill hot coffee on your lap, or you smoke all your life, you don't like working conditions in a volunteering job.....you call a lawyer.

Funny thing is Jills are not actually missed by fans......enjoy the Drumline

PS-had 2 relatives who were Jills in the "lean" Bills years of the early 80s they agree they did it for the enjoyment, not the $$$$

People working in factories before the Fair Labor Standards Act also knew what they were signing up for, doesn't mean it was OK what the employers were doing. You can label it a "volunteer" job all you want, but when there are various requirements around that "volunteering" it quickly expands beyond that.

As far as your "spill a cup of hot coffee on your lap" example. I implore you to educate yourself before making such references. Take a look at the pictures from that case of that ladies upper legs and thighs. I'll make it easy for you, there is one in this link...caution, it's graphic. http://x4mr.blogspot.com/2012/07/hot-coffee.html

It should also be noted that McDonald's had hundreds of complaints on the temperature of their coffee before this case and settled hundreds of cases regrading it before a trial was necessary and yet still didn't lower the temperature of their coffee until after this case. That is the very definition of negligence, not acting in a reasonable manner when they had knowledge of how to do so.

Edited by Mark80

People working in factories before the Fair Labor Standards Act also knew what they were signing up for, doesn't mean it was OK what the employers were doing. You can label it a "volunteer" job all you want, but when there are various requirements around that "volunteering" it quickly expands beyond that.

As far as your "spill a cup of hot coffee on your lap" example. I implore you to educate yourself before making such references. Take a look at the pictures from that case of that ladies upper legs and thighs. I'll make it easy for you, there is one in this link...caution, it's graphic. http://x4mr.blogspot.com/2012/07/hot-coffee.html

It should also be noted that McDonald's had hundreds of complaints on the temperature of their coffee before this case and settled hundreds of cases regrading it before a trial was necessary and yet still didn't lower the temperature of their coffee until after this case. That is the very definition of negligence, not acting in a reasonable manner when they had knowledge of how to do so.

Well said.

Looking forward, I don't think we will see cheerleaders at Bills games again, which seems right. Whereas cheerleading is an athletic undertaking at the collegiate level, it is nothing more than an outdated spectacle at NFL games.

Edited by buffalonian

Those people signed on for a job to make money. These cheerleaders didn't. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

As a person who works in the safety career field, and is very familiar with OSHA rules, as well as most DOL rules/laws, came here to say something like this, but you beat me to it. Thanks for posting up.

As for the Jills, I hope they take the Bills to the cleaners. For as much money as the Bills (and the NFL) bring in, there is absolutely no reason for them to treat these women like 3rd world slave laborers.....and if you've read into the details of this case.....that's pretty much how they were treated.

Those people signed on for a job to make money. These cheerleaders didn't. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

They signed up to stand on the sidelines during games I would imagine...is that all they were doing?

And, they did get compensated, so it's not a volunteer job, so comparing it to a volunteer job is what is not apples to apples.

Billion dollar team taking advantage of people and you blame the people...let me guess, they were asking for it going out dressed that way?

RIP Jills. If there was ever a chance of them coming back then that is now long gone. My solution: make the sideline reporters dress in bikinis. They always have some attractive chick as the sideline reporter but God forbid someone mention how attractive they are because they are "serious journalists." Suuuure they are, their looks had nothing to do with their hiring. OK. Time to embrace it I say

They signed up to stand on the sidelines during games I would imagine...is that all they were doing?

And, they did get compensated, so it's not a volunteer job, so comparing it to a volunteer job is what is not apples to apples.

Billion dollar team taking advantage of people and you blame the people...let me guess, they were asking for it going out dressed that way?

What a pathetic response. I'd be fine with them getting paid. What I'm not fine with is signing up for something with full knowledge of what you're signing up for, then demanding a better deal after the fact.

And not one of those girls signed up because they needed the money. But I'm sure your sanctimonious shtick gives you a great feeling of personal satisfaction, and isn't that what it's really all about?