Former Jills suing the Bills

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People working in factories before the Fair Labor Standards Act also knew what they were signing up for, doesn't mean it was OK what the employers were doing. You can label it a "volunteer" job all you want, but when there are various requirements around that "volunteering" it quickly expands beyond that.

As far as your "spill a cup of hot coffee on your lap" example. I implore you to educate yourself before making such references. Take a look at the pictures from that case of that ladies upper legs and thighs. I'll make it easy for you, there is one in this link...caution, it's graphic. http://x4mr.blogspot.com/2012/07/hot-coffee.html

It should also be noted that McDonald's had hundreds of complaints on the temperature of their coffee before this case and settled hundreds of cases regrading it before a trial was necessary and yet still didn't lower the temperature of their coffee until after this case. That is the very definition of negligence, not acting in a reasonable manner when they had knowledge of how to do so.

what I was thinking but better said.

Regardless of what happens with the lawsuit. I hope we don't ever have to see the Jills again.

What's with all the Jills hate on here, it's not like they were stripping out there?

At the end of the day, I don't think it matters all that much how this turns out. So what if they get a settlement like the Raiders cheerleaders? $1.25 million. Sounds great until you realize it covers 90 ladies. To boot, there is NOTHING requiring the Bills to have cheerleaders. They add zero enjoyment to watching NFL games IMO and add about the same to the brand. It's only a matter of time before the NFL cheerleader goes the way of the dodo bird. They're misogynistic, sexist, and just plain past their useful life. Kudos to the Bills, Bears, Browns, Giants, Lions, Packers and Steelers for not having them.

Sexist lol, you guys crack me up. do really think the cheerleaders hate what they are doing

People working in factories before the Fair Labor Standards Act also knew what they were signing up for, doesn't mean it was OK what the employers were doing. You can label it a "volunteer" job all you want, but when there are various requirements around that "volunteering" it quickly expands beyond that.

As far as your "spill a cup of hot coffee on your lap" example. I implore you to educate yourself before making such references. Take a look at the pictures from that case of that ladies upper legs and thighs. I'll make it easy for you, there is one in this link...caution, it's graphic. http://x4mr.blogspot.com/2012/07/hot-coffee.html

It should also be noted that McDonald's had hundreds of complaints on the temperature of their coffee before this case and settled hundreds of cases regrading it before a trial was necessary and yet still didn't lower the temperature of their coffee until after this case. That is the very definition of negligence, not acting in a reasonable manner when they had knowledge of how to do so.

I feel sympathy for the woman but can you tell me she was not negligent in her handling of the coffee? I want my coffee as hot as possible and i am confident in my ability handle it in an appropriate manor. And in regards to the "numerous" complaints about the temp,just ask for some ice in it.

You were thinking that working conditions for cheerleaders are somehow similar to those of factory workers in the 1930s?

not working conditions, but when you are doing something for awhile then realize things can be better, like when we wanted a union in our shop. ( but they laid a bunch of us off to scare us out of pursuing it further)

Personally I think a class action lawsuit over entire period is overboard. I have read the documents and all of the problems do not apply to entire period and it is unclear the chain of command and which parts Bills were responsible for and which parts their handler was responsible for; the Bills of course are the ones they are trying to most money from since NFL seems to have shielded themselves from the the Jills and their harpies.

And if they do have a settlement the Bills should be forced to bring back the Bills since they were cancelled due to lawsuit and just to tick those off who say they bring nothing to the event.

Personally I think a class action lawsuit over entire period is overboard. I have read the documents and all of the problems do not apply to entire period and it is unclear the chain of command and which parts Bills were responsible for and which parts their handler was responsible for; the Bills of course are the ones they are trying to most money from since NFL seems to have shielded themselves from the the Jills and their harpies.

And if they do have a settlement the Bills should be forced to bring back the Bills since they were cancelled due to lawsuit and just to tick those off who say they bring nothing to the event.

it's like haggling over price at a pawns shop; start high settle in the middle.

It's not hate. What is the point of their existence? They don't add anything to the game.

Their point is to cheer lead. I dislike the mascots of most teams but I am not actively campaigning for their removal because "I don't see the point". They serve a purpose, how limited that purpose is or not is none of your concern.

The problem I have with this whole lawsuit is that many women would go back to work for the Jills under the same exact conditions. Because it wasn't about minimum wage. Given the choice to work for slightly above minimum wage at any number of fast food restaurants or cheerleading under these "conditions", it would be a simple choice for them. They got something out of the whole ordeal that was beyond the $175 bucks a week or whatever. Plain and simple this is a few ex cheerleaders who were approached by a lawyer who said "wouldn't it be nice to get a lump sum payment for your troubles with the Bills? Tell me everything they put you through!", and thus you have the masses being manipulated by the strategic release of handbooks, and "prostitute like conditions".

Edited by What a Tuel

Their point is to cheer lead. I dislike the mascots of most teams but I am not actively campaigning for their removal because "I don't see the point". They serve a purpose, how limited that purpose is or not is none of your concern.

Then those girls being "manipulated" is none of your concern either.

guys likes girls

If guys need to see the Jills to make football worthwhile then they'd be better off going to a specialized institution for looking at girls like strip club

If guys need to see the Jills to make football worthwhile then they'd be better off going to a specialized institution for looking at girls like strip club

Sounds like a decent weekend to me...Canadian Ballet Saturday night, Bills football Sunday afternoon. Who needs the Jills?

$10 per hour ( X ) 10 hours per week ( X ) 20 weeks a year (X) times 50 cheerleaders = $100,000 per year.

cost of lawyers to defend lawsuit $1 million and damages to cheerleaders when they lose ??????

brilliant

pay me now or pay me later.....