Former Jills suing the Bills

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do bands and drum and bugle corps members get paid for performing during halftime? They have to practice a lot and do precision drills and give up a lot of their free time to pursue their dream. Well, they do get to watch football games for free.

I played on the Seahawks Drumline in 2005. We got paid min wage for all practices and performances. Would usually come out to around 5 - 10 hours per week.

They weren't even employed by the NFL or the Bills. As dumb as most of the outrage of the day stories that pop up are, this one may be the dumbest.

This looks to me like an excuse for people desperately wanting attention to grand stand, or for people who get a sense of superiority out of being outraged to have something to metaphorically masturbate to.

My favorite are the heroes who are highly offended that they were given a guidebook that included feminine hygiene tips. To listen to some of these blow hards you'd think they had vag inspectors doing compliance checks.

But a part of me does feel sorry for these young hot girls with enough free time and money to go play cheer leader because they feel like it. It must be tough.

At least they can take comfort in the fact that a bunch of dorks they'd never sleep with are highly outraged that they they had to experience something they knowingly and voluntarily chose to do. I'm sure they appreciate your support. If they knew how genuinely and deeply you cared about this they might even give you the time of day.

Edited by Rob's House

They weren't even employed by the NFL or the Bills. As dumb as most of the outrage of the day stories that pop up are, this one may be the dumbest.

This looks to me like an excuse for people desperately wanting attention to grand stand, or for people who get a sense of superiority out of being outraged to have something to metaphorically masturbate to.

My favorite are the heroes who are highly offended that they were given a guidebook that included feminine hygiene tips. To listen to some of these blow hards you'd think they had vag inspectors doing compliance checks.

But a part of me does feel sorry for these young hot girls with enough free time and money to go play cheer leader because they feel like it. It must be tough.

At least they can take comfort in the fact that a bunch of dorks they'd never sleep with are highly outraged that they they had to experience something they knowingly and voluntarily chose to do. I'm sure they appreciate your support. If they knew how genuinely and deeply you cared about this they might even give you the time of day.

I just dislike that they got chump change. When they're not chumps. A homeless bum is a chump.

Who cares what kind of contracts they signed. Contracts can be bent. Not all the jills were high rollers.

Pay them 16 thousand per season each. Do the math. It's not much. 16k times 25 girls is 400k. In the scheme of 100+ million annual salaries. This is not even a half of a percent....

Someone is being cheap.

I just dislike that they got chump change. When they're not chumps. A homeless bum is a chump.

Who cares what kind of contracts they signed. Contracts can be bent. Not all the jills were high rollers.

Pay them 16 thousand per season each. Do the math. It's not much. 16k times 25 girls is 400k. In the scheme of 100+ million annual salaries. This is not even a half of a percent....

Someone is being cheap.

Any other areas where you are this deeply concerned about adults having the right to freely choose to engage in an extra curricular activity that they enjoy?

Are you also outraged that candy stripers at hospitals don't get paid?

Any other areas where you are this deeply concerned about adults having the right to freely choose to engage in an extra curricular activity that they enjoy?

What about Civil War and Revolutionary War re-inactment associations? Why aren't they getting paid?

Marching bands are getting the shaft too - as are Drum and Bugle Corps units. Where's the money for them?

Let's not forget the volunteers at our public libraries. Oh, the horror! They give up their time to do something they want to contribute to and they aren't ever on national television and have zero prospects of catching the eye of a multi-millionaire athlete who might want to date them. Why can't they be given money?

I'm outraged by the injustice, I tell you. OUTRAGED!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

FTW!

Someone is being cheap.

This post made very little sense logically and grammatically.

... You know that line between interested and kinda creepy? You're blurring it.

Got the same vibe. Non-sequiturs everywhere.

Really, let's just end this cheerleading thing in the NFL. It's weird and doesn't send good messages to women--or to men about women's place in the world. It works in college, but just seems too over the top in the NFL.

Hell, just bring in college cheerleaders if people really want to preserve the institution. The problem seems to arise when people think that this is a professional career of some sort.

dont care about grammar on a SPORTS FORUM. Read my 3rd tag line please. It applies to you.

but anyway. 400k annually spent on your cheerleading squad is nothing. all contracts can be ratified or changed. So yeah what's wrong with saying "break that weak non-minimum wage contract"

better?

how is that creepy?

dont care about grammar on a SPORTS FORUM. Read my 3rd tag line please. It applies to you.

but anyway. 400k annually spent on your cheerleading squad is nothing. all contracts can be ratified or changed. So yeah what's wrong with saying "break that weak non-minimum wage contract"

better?

how is that creepy?

Is this spoken word poetry or something?

not that i can think of right now.

honestly i know nurses, but dont know any who are candy stripers. so i couldnt answer your questions. however if they were fighting for pay, then id be on their side of course.

Is this spoken word poetry or something?

dude i type almost 70wmp.

dont really think too much. just type.

im like that dumb high school jock.

happy?

not that i can think of right now.

honestly i know nurses, but dont know any who are candy stripers. so i couldnt answer your questions. however if they were fighting for pay, then id be on their side of course.

dude i type almost 70wmp.

dont really think too much. just type.

im like that dumb high school jock.

happy?

No worries, I actually kind of dig it. Keep on doing what you're doing, man.

Edit for clarity: I mean it. That's not me being a jackass (the previous post was though).

Edited by fallen627

• 1 month later...

Tampa Bay Bucs pay big dollars to settle cheerleader lawsuit

The Buccaneers have confirmed that the team has paid $825,000 to settle a class action filed on behalf of 94 current and former employees of the squad. TMZ first reported the resolution, which will pay the lawyers $264,000 and the class members $561,000. That works out to an average of $5,968 per person.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/07/bucs-pay-big-dollars-to-settle-cheerleader-lawsuit/

(doesn't seem like big dollars to me).

Tampa Bay Bucs pay big dollars to settle cheerleader lawsuit

The Buccaneers have confirmed that the team has paid $825,000 to settle a class action filed on behalf of 94 current and former employees of the squad. TMZ first reported the resolution, which will pay the lawyers $264,000 and the class members $561,000. That works out to an average of $5,968 per person.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/07/bucs-pay-big-dollars-to-settle-cheerleader-lawsuit/

(doesn't seem like big dollars to me).

Yeah, but those poor lawyers are being compensated fairly.