Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

PARTY OF OLD, WHITE PEOPLE: Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren Named to Senate Democratic Leadership Team.

Just look at the photo.

CxZM4u0WQAE_o8y.jpg

CHANGE? House Democrats Pressure Nancy Pelosi After Trump’s Win.

The Democrats have NO bench whatsoever

ADDED: We haven't heard from Hillary in nearly a week........it's like she's running for President again.

The GOP couldn't even nominate and elect one of their own....

Trump 61,201,031 Clinton 62,523,126
won by 1,322,095 votes so far

Yeah, and the New York Yankees won the 1960 World Series too.

They out scored (58 to 27), and out hit (91 to 60) the Pittsburgh Pirates.

So clearly they won the series amirite?

Too bad Baseball disagrees because Pittsburgh won 4 games to the Yankees 3.

It caused riots in the streets IIRC.

Trump 61,201,031 Clinton 62,523,126
won by 1,322,095 votes so far

Take NY and CA out of the mix and let us know the tally. And that's the reason the EC works.

Funny how all these people have had zero problem with the EC process up until now. Barbara Box was cool with it the previous 120 years she's been in the Senate but for some reason now according to her we need to get rid of it. Reeks of immaturity and sour grapes. The question you need to ask someone like that is "So Barbara. Had Trump won the popular vote but not the EC would you have called for it's banishment?" I wonder why no one is asking her that? <rhetorical question>

There are a lot of adjectives that can be used to describe Trump. Some are positive, many are negative. "Sweet" is not one of them.

Potatoe (spelled for nostalgia's sake) head works well though.

Take NY and CA out of the mix and let us know the tally. And that's the reason the EC works.

Funny how all these people have had zero problem with the EC process up until now. Barbara Box was cool with it the previous 120 years she's been in the Senate but for some reason now according to her we need to get rid of it. Reeks of immaturity and sour grapes. The question you need to ask someone like that is "So Barbara. Had Trump won the popular vote but not the EC would you have called for it's banishment?" I wonder why no one is asking her that? <rhetorical question>

They weren't okay with it when Bush was elected, either.

And yes, it's sour grapes...but you'd think they'd learn by now that pulling reactive stunts to try to keep themselves in power and get their way ultimately backfires on them. I don't understand how they can be shitting their collective pants over their upcoming lack of any input into presidential appointments, specifically because Harry Reid got rid of the filibuster, and think the solution is to double-down on stupid.

What had Boxer done about this since the last time it happened?

And, she's a nitwit for trying to change the Constitution when there's already a state compact that's over half way there to put the make the EC null and void. Her own State has passed it.

http://www.nationalpopularvote.com

Edited by reddogblitz

And, she's a nitwit for trying to change the Constitution when there's already a state compact that's over half way there to put the make the EC null and void. Her own State has passed it.

Not to mention...she's done come January.

The only logical reason for submitting the bill is that lobbyist group gave her a "retirement" check to make a point.

I'm not digging that compact. The Constitution wasn't set up for a straight democracy. We have us a representative democracy. Those states that want to go with the compact should get together and petition Congress for an amendment -- do it the right way.

I don't think anything should be changed, but if anyone wants to change anything, the better solution is to group the electors by congressional district and have the electors vote according to the winner of the popular vote in their own district. The two senate electors can put in for the statewide winner of the popular vote. I've been trying to find the election results reported by congressional district, but can only find county-by-county.

If I had to guess the NYS result by this method, then I think Trump would have gotten 15 electoral votes and Clinton 14. As it is now (and would be if that compact gets adopted), NYS was a non-issue in the election.

A national popular vote movement is really, really stupid. You may as well go ahead and dissolve the Senate as well, if we're going to deny the states' will in favor of straight up majority rule.

A national popular vote movement is really, really stupid. You may as well go ahead and dissolve the Senate as well, if we're going to deny the states' will in favor of straight up majority rule.

Allow me to quote for you the liberal rebuttal: "But I didn't get MY WAY!!!!!"

The Northeast and West Coast liberals ignore the rest of the country, the rest of the country flexes its muscle, and their response is "It's not fair! We need to disempower the rest of the country!"

If the left could re-write the constitution, it wouldn't resemble what we have now.