2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

Bills cancel OTA for team-building at Airsoft range: http://es.pn/1pHo3Qm

" Coach Doug Marrone told ESPN that he didn't want four consecutive practices this week, so he brought his players out for some fun."

Tim Graham had a different take:

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham · 3h

Discipline issues, Marrone's tirade at O-line yesterday, sloppy play from offense in general ... Bills cancel OTA today for team-building.

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham · 2h

My sense is he's fed up RT @AWilsman Is your sense that Marrone is not happy with team's work on the field to this point?

i think marrone was around for what was a terrible team building exercise but a funny story here in new orleans - i believe it was the first year SP was the head coach and they took the guys to the water park. naturally they start racing down the water slides. catapulting themselves at the start - using lineman to draft behind - all the goofy stuff youd expect.... and then scott fujita went flying out of the pool and into a fence and missed some time injured from it. ended up ok, but might have missed a couple games if i recall.

im not making any commentary on the activities today, i just always chuckle picturing them on the slide and a 250 lbs linebacker flying past the pool at the end.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

" Coach Doug Marrone told ESPN that he didn't want four consecutive practices this week, so he brought his players out for some fun."

Discipline issues, Marrone's tirade at O-line yesterday, sloppy play from offense in general ... Bills cancel OTA today for team-building.

My sense is he's fed up RT @AWilsman Is your sense that Marrone is not happy with team's work on the field to this point?

I guess it would be entirely possible that Marrone would not reveal all his reasoning to the media. Whatever the reasons, good idea

i think marrone was around for what was a terrible team building exercise but a funny story here in new orleans - i believe it was the first year SP was the head coach and they took the guys to the water park. naturally they start racing down the water slides. catapulting themselves at the start - using lineman to draft behind - all the goofy stuff youd expect.... and then scott fujita went flying out of the pool and into a fence and missed some time injured from it. ended up ok, but might have missed a couple games if i recall.

im not making any commentary on the activities today, i just always chuckle picturing them on the slide and a 250 lbs linebacker flying past the pool at the end.

:lol:

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

Seriously. Does Graham EVER move his rock to say something positive?

So graham thinks that because Marrone is pissed at the team for sloppy play he cancels practice to take them out for fun? I will stick up for him more than most but that sounds stupid.

I think the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Certainly, there was some frustration on the field. I doubt, from the way things were going, that they wee taken out as a reward. Sometimes, a diversion like this lets people step back and reboot a little bit. Edited by Rocky Landing

Wait, because he's upset and not happy with his team's work, he decides to give them a day off and takes them out for some Airsoft?

That's pretty impressive mental gymnastics, even for Tim Graham.

If EJ can't be accurate at the Air Soft range with no rush, how is he going to be when the real bullets start flying.

I laughed at you Wiz and Fluff .

May i suggest that Marrone has been pushing them very hard ? and that he saw a break was in order ?

There is some psycho cology hochlogy to that i bet . It Is just OTAs but some - quite few guys , who are playing for their potential hopeful future in the NFL .

Its been full on for alot of these kids .

By the way Tim Graham is becoming a real treat .

Wait, because he's upset and not happy with his team's work, he decides to give them a day off and takes them out for some Airsoft?

That's pretty impressive mental gymnastics, even for Tim Graham.

Taken in different verbiage it might simply be that he thinks guys are pressing too hard or there are personality issues underlying the troubles and yelling didnt work so he's trying something else.

I won't argue the motivation on this as it could be a wide range of issues and I haven't been hanging on every tweet coming out.

You are getting concerned? Seriously? About OTA's?

Look, I'm looking for him to step up this year but if you don't think he's still going to have some bad throws in practice, you probably shouldn't read any articles from now until opening day.

I honestly don't expect him to look HoF like in practice, all I care is how he looks on Sundays. I hope to see improvement from last year but won't know until I see a couple actual games.

Don't let the microscopic reporting of OTAs in June concern you, would be my advice.

I don't think he's getting concerned with OTA's alone, but more so the fact that was one of EJ's big issues last year and still seems to be an issue so far this year. I see that as a reason for concern. Granted, new pieces are in place, what has been shown so far to change opinions of EJ's play? We as fans typically only know what's reported. His accuracy issues must still be an issue if they are still being reported.

So graham thinks that because Marrone is pissed at the team for sloppy play he cancels practice to take them out for fun? I will stick up for him more than most but that sounds stupid.

Graham believes he's "better" than being a sports reporter; it's so obvious. For that reason, I truly think he enjoys pushing the buttons of the fan base. He's saying "look at you fools" in almost everything he writes; it's the only way he can keep himself entertained. We can only hope some rag hires him away so he can work on that Pulitzer-winning expose he dreams of.

Stupid is right, but it applies to anyone who continues to follow his postings.

Edited by eball