2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Hamilton is not impressed by EJ in this article from today. I gotta be concerned. Last year i rarely saw EJ throw any frozen ropes into a tight window or trusting his receivers to make a play... he mostly overthrows guys or checks down. Not good. There are no playoffs unless we get good QB'ing.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills--offense-continues-to-struggle/19190586

Paul Hamilton is not impressed by EJ in this article from today. I gotta be concerned. Last year i rarely saw EJ throw any frozen ropes into a tight window or trusting his receivers to make a play... he mostly overthrows guys or checks down. Not good. There are no playoffs unless we get good QB'ing.

http://www.wgr550.co...ruggle/19190586

Hamilton needs to stick to hockey. I miss Joe B.

I agree EJ will need to continue to work on timing with Watkins who he has been throwing to for 2.5 weeks. Also, the defense is almost always ahead of the offense in OTAs. Once the pads come on, O will be better able to sustain blocks and he'll have more time to throw.

Hamilton needs to stick to hockey. I miss Joe B.

I agree EJ will need to continue to work on timing with Watkins who he has been throwing to for 2.5 weeks. Also, the defense is almost always ahead of the offense in OTAs. Once the pads come on, O will be better able to sustain blocks and he'll have more time to throw.

He's not even that adept at covering hockey.

I saw nothing wrong with how Hamilton wrote that up. It sounds like the entire practice was sloppy.

You missed some good football then

Rewatch the Atlanta game and you'll see what this kid is capable of. Jacksonville is another good example. Or the Jets game

I saw nothing wrong with how Hamilton wrote that up. It sounds like the entire practice was sloppy.

The thing is to avoid overreaction since there are so many new moving parts between personnel/offensive calls. Couple that with it still being so early into the process with the guys only in helmets and shorts.

I am trying not to overreact but EJ's biggest issue in the past has been accuracy. He needs to improve if the team is going to improve. He seems to have taken steps in terms of leadership and knowledge of the offense. Now he needs to improve his accuracy and that is not nearly as easy to fix.

The thing is to avoid overreaction since there are so many new moving parts between personnel/offensive calls. Couple that with it still being so early into the process with the guys only in helmets and shorts.

No, it's extremely important to overreact...can't have everyone holding hands and singing kumbaya now can we?

I am trying not to overreact but EJ's biggest issue in the past has been accuracy. He needs to improve if the team is going to improve. He seems to have taken steps in terms of leadership and knowledge of the offense. Now he needs to improve his accuracy and that is not nearly as easy to fix.

Agreed...it makes sense to me that it'll take him longer to fix those issues than the intangible stuff though.

We can order as many of these as required.

f4liqx.jpg

Agreed...it makes sense to me that it'll take him longer to fix those issues than the intangible stuff though.

especially with new guys around him, maybe some off kilter plays being called, sometimes strange rhythm to compared to a game, etc..... if throwing into a bucket 40 yards away his throw might have been great but learning how to time a pass to sammy deep he might have gotten a little overzealous trying to accommodate for the speed

we know its an issue and hes got to get it fixed, but its hard to take much away from the day by day reports in june unless you are hearing the same things over and over again about the same guy. even then it can be tough.

Here's where I stopped reading all Hamilton articles: "Doug Whaley or Buddy Nix, whoever was at the controls on draft day..."

Or This Non-Sentence:

"the receiving team just let a ball drop in which was recovered by the kicking team"

Edited by Astrobot