2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So graham thinks that because Marrone is pissed at the team for sloppy play he cancels practice to take them out for fun? I will stick up for him more than most but that sounds stupid.

Wait, because he's upset and not happy with his team's work, he decides to give them a day off and takes them out for some Airsoft?

That's pretty impressive mental gymnastics, even for Tim Graham.

I'd be one of the last people on the face of the planet to defend Graham.

But keeping morale high by pumping the serious-brakes in June makes perfect sense.

But keeping morale high by pumping the serious-brakes in June makes perfect sense.

Of course it does. But Graham implied that he took the team out (to what was a fun day at Airsoft range) as a disciplinary move.

oh, it does. it makes a lot of sense when your people are stressed, tired and could use a laugh. a day off here helps down the road.

i just don't see how that translates into 'i am so furious, the discipline isn't there and we are playing sloppy. clearly the only answer is to give them a day off and have airsoft pellets drive the message home. for some reason'. the latter is what graham seemed to indicate.

Of course it does. But Graham implied that he took the team out (to what was a fun day at Airsoft range) as a disciplinary move.

And he also tweeted out an instagram video of a joke between Aaron Williams and Fred Jackson in the parking lot at OBD right after the Dareus drag race news came out, implying the Bills had a "drag race" culture going on.

I'm telling you, the guy dislikes his job and dislikes the fans of the team he has been "relegated" to cover.

oh, it does. it makes a lot of sense when your people are stressed, tired and could use a laugh. a day off here helps down the road.

i just don't see how that translates into 'i am so furious, the discipline isn't there and we are playing sloppy. clearly the only answer is to give them a day off and have airsoft pellets drive the message home. for some reason'. the latter is what graham seemed to indicate.

It makes sense that Marrone didn't want to have 4 practices in a row either and this broke it up, plus the team-building was a bonus.I like the move and nowhere did it seem disciplinary so that comment from TG was weird.

And he also tweeted out an instagram video of a joke between Aaron Williams and Fred Jackson in the parking lot at OBD right after the Dareus drag race news came out, implying the Bills had a "drag race" culture going on.

I'm telling you, the guy dislikes his job and dislikes the fans of the team he has been "relegated" to cover.

AW and Fred really took exception to that because channel 2 picked it up, I think. They said no research was done and no one asked them what that was all about. I agree that reporters sitting there digging through players' twitter accounts to find stuff to "report" on is bush league especially when presented as actual information.

@JonahJavad

Video: EJ Manuel to Sammy Watkins. Both incomplete. Still got work to do. #bills http://instagram.com/p/pJhqzRrzO5/

@JonahJavad

Individual drills end. 7 on 7s start and so does the rain. They haven't come inside yet. And frankly, they shouldn't. It's football. #Bills

@mikerodak

Red zone RVA drill not good for Manuel and Watkins today. Three passes that were off-target and bounced off Watkins' hands.

Manuel had no issues with interior patterns in the red zone drill. Fade patterns at the corner remained inconsistent. Two bad overthrows.

Rain starting to come down hard at Bills practice. Will be a test for QBs and receivers.

Players heading inside. Manuel looked sharp in the rain though. Ended it with deep catch by Chris Hogan

Lost in the rain shuffle: CB Stephon Gilmore is taking part in 11-on-11am today. Big step forward for him.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@JonahJavad

Team moves inside while the rain pours. No music. But EJ hits Sammy deep in 11 on 11s. Like. 1f44d.png#Bills

@JonahJavad

Marquise Goodwin grabs luggage and leaves practice early. It's last day of OTAs so many guys heading home/outta town after practice. #Bills

@JonTWCNews

#Bills working the redzone in 11-on-11 as GM Doug Whaley looks on from perch above Fieldhouse

@JonahJavad

Video: EJ Manuel to Sammy Watkins. Both incomplete. Still got work to do. #bills http://instagram.com/p/pJhqzRrzO5/

@JonahJavad

Individual drills end. 7 on 7s start and so does the rain. They haven't come inside yet. And frankly, they shouldn't. It's football. #Bills

@mikerodak

I was told extensively in the Watkins thread that he has a massive catch radius and catches everything that he can get a hand on. What gives?

I was told extensively in the Watkins thread that he has a massive catch radius and catches everything that he can get a hand on. What gives?

Obviously Coach Maronne's Air Soft disciplining of the team yesterday had a deleterious effect on the entire team. It even made it rain in Orchard Park.

@mikerodak

Sammy Watkins just dropped a well-thrown pass from Manuel in red zone 9v9 work. Would've been a TD.

Manuel has looked sharper in the second half of practice. Energy level picked up with the rain.

Practice makes perfect!

@JonahJavad

Not the best practice I've seen from Sammy Watkins. Multiple drops and DBs breaking up 50-50 balls. Very un-Sammy like. #Bills

@mikerodak

Bills DE Ike Igbinosun chirping at Bills OL today. Just got cursed out by Eric Wood for it. End of practice getting chippy.

@JonahJavad

Defense ate offense's lunch today. That happens tho. DEF tends to know what's coming esp in early stages of offseason practice. #Bills

@mikerodak

Manuel in red zone drill today: incomplete fade pattern, throw away, Dixon TD run, throw away, incomplete dump off