2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills risers from OTA practices

With the Buffalo Bills' ninth and final organized team activity in the books, the team will turn its attention to a three-day mandatory minicamp next week.

In the meantime, let's recap OTAs first by highlighting some risers from the three weeks of practices:

Bills fallers from OTA practices

Earlier Friday, we highlighted some of the Buffalo Bills' "rising" after three weeks of organized team activities (OTAs).

Now it's time to look at the other end of the spectrum: which players left something to be desired in OTAs? It's a harder question to answer, since the practices are voluntary, are not held in pads, and are geared towards installation -- not necessarily evaluation.

With that in mind, here are our notes on some players who didn't have as good a showing in OTAs as we would have expected:

It is amazing to me how many fans seem so intent on wanting the Bills QB to fail. What's the point, really?

I definitely do not want him to fail. But I don't let my fandom effect what I've seen from him since college. I don't think he's very good. I pray to The Lord baby Jesus he proves me wrong.

The top 8 OTA performers

From defensive backs to a top-tier wide receiver, Who made the biggest impression during Bills OTAs?

On Friday we gave you the three unheralded playmakers of the OTA practices at One Bills Drive over the past three weeks. Now we give you the best of the best in the non-pads football environment of organized team activities.

Damn sure has gotten me in more than one perilous situation in my day.

LOL .

BTW who is the coach behind Cyrus ? I have seen him appear in the background with the O line pictures. Feel i should know who to praise/ B word about when the season starts : )

LOL .

BTW who is the coach behind Cyrus ? I have seen him appear in the background with the O line pictures. Feel i should know who to praise/ B word about when the season starts : )

I believe it is the OL coach, Pat Morris. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I've seen a few other pics of him and this looks similar.

EJ and Watkins were "fallers?" Yikes.

Actually I think Mike Rodak was one of the "fallers" at OTAs. The guy is struggling. Why is it so difficult for ESPN to find a decent beat writer to cover the Bills? For crying out loud, this time they went to a Pats* fan.

Not that OTAs are much of an indication anyway. The guys need pads on. The rush has to be there. The players need to have practiced substantially together for timing. They must know the offense. Etc Etc.

Yeah, I agree. TC will be when we can make decisions, unless we don't like what we see in TC then we'll say wait until the pre-season games, unless we don't like what we see in the HOF game then we'll say wait until the real preseason starts, unless we don't like how EJ performs in the "first" preseason game, then we'll say that it's the "second" game that really matters, unless we don't like what we see in the "second" game, then we'll say that was the "second" game and so & so didn't play well so it's the "third" game that will really matter, unless we don't like what we see in the "third" game, then we'll say that it was the O-line's fault, but, it doesn't matter because everything will come together in the "fourth" preseason game, unless we don't like what we see in the "fourth" preseason game then we'll say everyone knows that the "fourth" preseason game is the least important of all the preseason games and anyway Nate has been holding EJ back so wait until the regular season before you make up your mind because everyone knows that it's the regular season that counts.

Don't believe me? Go back and look at the preseason threads during Chan's tenure.

I believe it is the OL coach, Pat Morris. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I've seen a few other pics of him and this looks similar.

morris-pat-hs--nfl_thumb_120_85.jpg

Pat Morris

Offensive Line

Yeah, I agree. TC will be when we can make decisions, unless we don't like what we see in TC then we'll say wait until the pre-season games, unless we don't like what we see in the HOF game then we'll say wait until the real preseason starts, unless we don't like how EJ performs in the "first" preseason game, then we'll say that it's the "second" game that really matters, unless we don't like what we see in the "second" game, then we'll say that was the "second" game and so & so didn't play well so it's the "third" game that will really matter, unless we don't like what we see in the "third" game, then we'll say that it was the O-line's fault, but, it doesn't matter because everything will come together in the "fourth" preseason game, unless we don't like what we see in the "fourth" preseason game then we'll say everyone knows that the "fourth" preseason game is the least important of all the preseason games and anyway Nate has been holding EJ back so wait until the regular season before you make up your mind because everyone knows that it's the regular season that counts.

Don't believe me? Go back and look at the preseason threads during Chan's tenure.

By the same token, if we do like what we see, we'll be told that it doesn't matter...

So does it, or doesn't it?

morris-pat-hs--nfl_thumb_120_85.jpg

Pat Morris

Offensive Line

You forgot the fifth preseason game this year.

So basically EJ sucks, because OTAs, and he has no chance at getting better, because OTAs, and we should cut our losses, because OTAs, and sign Nassib, or Tebow, or something.

(Or, you know, we should give EJ two or three years, like basically all rookie first round QBs get, and go from there)

By the same token, if we do like what we see, we'll be told that it doesn't matter...

So does it, or doesn't it?

It does, it all does, but to differing degrees.

So basically EJ sucks, because OTAs, and he has no chance at getting better, because OTAs, and we should cut our losses, because OTAs, and sign Nassib, or Tebow, or something.

(Or, you know, we should give EJ two or three years, like basically all rookie first round QBs get, and go from there)

The Bills should be better prepared at the position because they plan on starting a QB who missed 6 games in his rookie year due to injury. They stood pat so what we have is EJ or bust. All of the eggs are in his basket and hopefully he kicks butt.

You forgot the fifth preseason game this year.

Oh no I dint.

Nah. He sucks.

NEXT!

It does, it all does, but to differing degrees.

The Bills should be better prepared at the position because they plan on starting a QB who missed 6 games in his rookie year due to injury. They stood pat so what we have is EJ or bust. All of the eggs are in his basket and hopefully he kicks butt.

Oh no I dint.

What QBs that are on the market are guaranteed upgrades from Thad?