2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

Is it microscopic reporting when numerous reporters say how bad out QB looked on numerous days of OTAs?

The "it's just OTAs" line doesn't cut it IMO when the QB is consistently bad in his second year in the offense. It's cause for concern

Funny, I don't remember seeing "numerous" reports on "numerous" days. I remember reading a couple reports on a couple days. In fact there were some reports that said he looked good, so as NoSaint pointed out how can you dismiss the good and only focus on the bad. Even the Paul Hamilton article doesn't say he's bad. It says he missed some throws and the entire offense looked bad. Also says Thad missed some throws.

It's interesting, people expect EJ to get better, when exactly do you expect him to do that if not at practice in June?

EDIT: and if you don't think the reporting of OTAs is microscopic, I point no further to the fact that Day 1 a reporter made a huge deal about the fact that EJ came out one play after scratching his knee.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who took a second to read the article, it confirms a thought I'd had this week when hearing that EJ was struggling. The first two weeks the stories were on EJ had looked great for the most part and how good Sammy looked. If they had been starting with the simple routes, it would explain why Sammy had greater success which has begun to fade as he goes through the process of learning NFL routes.

And as much as he has been bashed, EJ still went 15/24 on his passes, which is decent to start with. Add in the fact that it's OTA's, that he's working with new receivers and hitting the full playbook for the first time this year I can't worry yet.

Training camp is when I'll start to. Now is just looking to see who is taking early strides on the roster battles.

That said, Spikes has been showing some promise to be more than just a run stuffer and Graham is looking like a steal.

So I guess since there is no news, Goodwin os ok.

He was back out there with his helmet on which is good news, but did not participate in team drills. I didn't see whether the media asked Marrone for an update.

For those who took a second to read the article, it confirms a thought I'd had this week when hearing that EJ was struggling. The first two weeks the stories were on EJ had looked great for the most part and how good Sammy looked. If they had been starting with the simple routes, it would explain why Sammy had greater success which has begun to fade as he goes through the process of learning NFL routes.

And as much as he has been bashed, EJ still went 15/24 on his passes, which is decent to start with. Add in the fact that it's OTA's, that he's working with new receivers and hitting the full playbook for the first time this year I can't worry yet.

Training camp is when I'll start to. Now is just looking to see who is taking early strides on the roster battles.

That said, Spikes has been showing some promise to be more than just a run stuffer and Graham is looking like a steal.

I was just going to comment on this article as well. 15-24 with a TD and his INTs were both tipped passes. I think most of the concern (at least for me) was that he was off on passes where WRs were wide open either in team or individual drills. It seems this happened with Watkins and Goodwin and since these guys are so fast and he has only been throwing to Watkins for a couple weeks he needs to get his timing down. No issues with Woods which makes sense since they have the most experience playing together. He and Goodwin need to work on timing, we saw them connect in games last year so not too worried but with their respective injuries last year they have a lot less time working together than he and Woods. Three months to get it down.

Downtown Preston Brown can play RB too according to this interview.... lol

Maybe they'll do that thing where a guy is falling but his teammate is there to save him. Koom ba ya...

Fake account but funny...

Nathaniel Hackett@CrazyNateHacket 39s

Practice was canceled for team building activities. I'm a classy guy so I'm treating the guys to a Canadian Ballet

Mark Gaughan@gggaughan 4m

There won't be any simulated FB in shirts n shorts at Bills camp today. It's cancelled for a team-building activity. http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/06/11/bills-cancel-todays-voluntary-practice-team-building-activity/ …