2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone ever wonder what sort of stuff would have been tweeted if the intarwebs were around when the late-80s/early-90s Bills were practicing?

i just dug up one of my old tweets from '89: "saw jim, thurm and 'dre at the ballet last nite! snagged dollar thurm used onstage. #billsmafia #mintswave #swag"

here's another (non-bills related): "@ediebrickell i'm going through puberty can i get a retweet??? #whatiamiswhatiam #newbohemians4eva"

@WGR550

Bills' Robey had to prove himself again http://bit.ly/1kL1ObH

Remember how everyone was talking up the Seahawks secondary last year? The Bills backfield hung with them throughout the year last year. Not quite as good but among the best in the league. I think we may have the the best secondary in the league this year. We added some more talent to the pool and Gilmore should be a big improvement over last year as well.

Remember how everyone was talking up the Seahawks secondary last year? The Bills backfield hung with them throughout the year last year. Not quite as good but among the best in the league. I think we may have the the best secondary in the league this year. We added some more talent to the pool and Gilmore should be a big improvement over last year as well.

Pro: we should be healthier - September was a train wreck last year. Williams and Gilmore got another year too.

Con: we let an all pro walk and added graham - who is a good player but not Byrd.

@mikerodak

Marquise Goodwin isn't participating in positional drills but is on the field in a helmet after injuring knee yesterday. Good sign for him.

Mike Williams, Tony Moeaki, and Anthony Dixon return to Tuesday's OTA. Kyle Williams remains out.

Chris Hairston is not practicing Tuesday. Had been taking some first team reps Monday at RG

What's working the best for EJ Manuel this far in OTAs? Throwing to Robert Woods. His favorite target this spring.

EJ Manuel struggling in red zone drills today. Accuracy on fade patterns is off.

Bills offensive line hasn't looked better. 3 false starts and counting, plus a sack

Stephon Gilmore and Leodis McKelvin getting reps with 2nd team in red zone drills. First action of OTAs

Dump-off/scramble to downfield throws ratio for Manuel is still high. Remains something to watch.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@mikerodak

Manuel goes downfield in 11-on-11, his first deep of practice. Came in 5 yards ahead of Watkins, who had step on 2 defenders

Thad Lewis' ball velocity is noticeably better than Manuel or Tuel. But his height is issue. Fired one pass into chest of LB Preston Brown.

Manuel frustrated today. Just picked off by Brandon Spikes in red zone drill. Thad Lewis next to the plate in drill.

Shawne Merriman: The Bills are a Playoff Team <14:18>

Former Bills LB and now NFL Network Analyst Shawne Merriman joins the John Murphy Show, hosted by Mark Kelso to discuss why he thinks the Bills could be a playoff team and what he likes out the current LB corp.

Couple of vets return to practice

There were two veteran players that returned to the offensive side of the ball at OTAs Tuesday.

WR Mike Williams and RB Anthony Dixon were both absent for Monday’s voluntary session, but both are back working with their teammates today.

TE Tony Moeaki is also participating after sitting out Monday’s session.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz