Should the Bills Cut Dareus? - Jerry Sullivan Article

Sullivan Article   

315 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Bills should cut ties with Dareus?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very troubling is how Jerry brings Ralph's name in to make his case. This from a person who has done nothing but trash the guy until he died. Sad.

I didn't read the article, but this is pathetic. The man is beyond shame.

GO BILLS!!!

Admittedly, I didn't read this whole thread, so if someone said something similar, I'm sorry for the redundant nature of my post...

If smoking pot and driving recklessly (not at the same time) is the grounds that the Bills would use to cut a 24 year old, then if I was a Bill, I would have been cut as well. Jerry Sullivan's article would be more appropriate if this guy was Aaron Hernandez, but the level of indignation that he displays for Dareus is beyond unreasonable, even without taking Dareus' recent past personal tragedies into consideration. For the last time, F&%& Jerry Sullivan and the Bucky Gleason he rode in on.

Edited by transient

I can't believe any fan that wants to see this team succeed woukd be in favor of cutting Dareus. He is a top 3 pick entering the prime of his career. Dominating DTs that can get after the QB like he can our very hard to find. He is an integral part of the front 7 that is going to take this team to the next level.

He's a 24 year old kid- they will make mistakes. Past couple years haven't exactly been easy for him. This should serve as a wake up call and I have no doubt Marrone is the right coach for this situation

Geez That a pretty good post there Buddy !

That was a simpler more innocent time, back when boys would be boys and stay up all night blasting daggers off of a strippers ass, ignorant of the dangers of controlled substances. Now we know better and drug use is largely a thing of the past.

Thank gosh we dont do that any more.. Takes a toll on a man . Dont forget the belly button shots of Cuervo though to start the party. They were fun . Thats all i will admit to though .

I can say this is one of the few times I can actually agree with Jerry Sullivan in saying Dareus has overstayed his welcome. For me, yes he is a former 1st rounder, a former probowler (by default) but he is not reliable and is spotty in both his play on the field and his acts off the field. Wanted a fan opinion poll as to should he stay or should he go?

Silly Rabbit, trips are for kids!

Lighten up, remember what you were like when you were a kid?

Of course you can. But do you think all 50+ players are good guys on winning teams? Hell take any group of 50 guys in any walk of life and chances are you wouldn't want to be friends with a few of them.

FYI I drove my Lexus GS 350 F Sport 108 MPH this weekend. No crash. Dareus should be heckled for his driving skills not his bad judgement...

Don't start that crap man.

Very troubling is how Jerry brings Ralph's name in to make his case. This from a person who has done nothing but trash the guy until he died. Sad.

Yes it is . jones really is a bad person i think

Admittedly, I didn't read this whole thread, so if someone said something similar, I'm sorry for the redundant nature of my post...

If smoking pot and driving recklessly (not at the same time) is the grounds that the Bills would use to cut a 24 year old, then if I was a Bill, I would have been cut as well. Jerry Sullivan's article would be more appropriate if this guy was Aaron Hernandez, but the level of indignation that he displays for Dareus is beyond unreasonable, even without taking Dareus' recent past personal tragedies into consideration. For the last time, F&%& Jerry Sullivan and the Bucky Gleason he rode in on.

LOLed

I'm abstaining.

There's no doubt he's talented and that seems to be the ONLY reason why he hasn't gone the way of others who committed transgressions in the past and why those voting to keep him think he should stay. That's understandable.

What's also understandable is that since his rookie year he has shown an utter lack of maturity. First under Gailey, now under Marrone. And it seems to be escalating in terms of the behavior. He's also pissed off several veterans who have tried and failed to get him to see the light. There comes a time when, no matter how good you are, you need to establish and maintain professionalism in the locker room, on the field, and off. Nobody has to be a choir boy, but they need to put the team first. Dareus' behavior is the antithesis of that.

He's on thin ice with Whaley and Brandon and that's where the decision to keep him or not ultimately resides. Right now, I'm on the fence with them.

GO BILLS!!!

I understand not giving an extension but cutting him now would be pretty drastic. His play compared to the guy we would have to keep instead outweighs his cost both financial and distraction.

The problem is that he seems defiant and uncaring in his issues. I understand not wanting to commit long term when reading between the lines seems to be that dareus is belligerently bucking authority dating back before these incidents.... But I can't say cut him today. No way.

I think those that are calling for the Bills to cut ties with him are insane. It doesn't surprise me though because for too long this franchise has been run on feel good stories and guys that are under-skilled guys that play with a lot of heart and a high motor.

Hypothetically speaking (of course) if one was to say that Dareus should be cut for being arrested for drag racing ... then one would be an absolute idiot. Hypothetically.

Just remember we felt the same way about Marshawn Lynch...until he won a Super Bowl.

there's a difference. Marcel Dareus got into and accident and fled and owned some pot.

Marshawn Lynch hit a person and fled. Got caught with pot. AND a handgun in a car full of a bunch of other questionable people all.

233 say keep him, 13 say cut him. 13. Those 13 are probably at the head of the line squawking about "how many holes this team has". So let's create another one by releasing one of the most talented players on the roster. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. He'd be scooped up in a NY minute. He's immature and definitely guilty of poor judgement but he's done nothing egregious to this point. The lack of football knowledge and over-reaction by this baker's dozen is laughable and sad at the same time. Righteous indignation...the mantra of 'Sully's Troll Army".

I think those that are calling for the Bills to cut ties with him are insane. It doesn't surprise me though because for too long this franchise has been run on feel good stories and guys that are under-skilled guys that play with a lot of heart and a high motor.

Don't forget that they bring their lunch pail

Glad to see only approximately 5% of you agree with Sully. Some quick research indicates about 6% or so of the general population suffer from some sort of cognitive defect that impacts daily activities of living and/or mental function.

So we're about right.