Should the Bills Cut Dareus? - Jerry Sullivan Article

Sullivan Article   

315 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Bills should cut ties with Dareus?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do wonder when one becomes accountable for their actions. He not 14 - 16 year old teenager, he a 24 year old man occupying one of a limited number of privileged positions of a NFL football player. No doubt the wise course of action from a business point of view given he a hit on salary cap and team has take option for next season, is to wait out the legal process , await what league recriminations await and respond accordingly. He actions are ones of immaturity , actions that are going to cost him a great deal of money when his agent tries negotiate a long term contract. At this point few teams are going to gamble on a man who is not taking his career as serious as he can. He a good football player, be it a immature one, in the end who's actions are at this point only going to hurt himself, perhaps family and those who do believe in him. Hopefully for all concerned he will look in the mirror do some serious soul searching and take advantage of the great opportunity he has a be the best person and player he can be. His actions immaturity, not gangsterism

depends on the circumstances not everything is even close to being equal my friend

But i suppose one should always be accountable . But one might also need someone else to forgive mistakes and set back on course . Who has been doing that for Marcel. Jerry Hughes ?

I still hope Marrone took him into a back room and verbally or physically or both , gave him the belt for being apart of this.

I liked the article from Kyle Williams today about Marcel. He spoke on how he talked to him now twice about making good decisions. That is leadership from men on the defense like Kyle. My hope is not reported, but Kyle going to Jerry Hughes and telling him, it is your responsibility as a leader when Marcel wants to participate in a drag race to say "no".

I know Dareus is responsible for himself, but when you were young, doesn't a big brother, friend etc. you looked up to, to guide a young man to make good choices. Making good choices is like working out, it's muscle memory. Once you start on the right path, you'll continue on that path.

I don't want to lose this guy.

That is one damned fine point mister ! Its true as i have witnessed it in me and my children

didnt he have the least sacks among buffalo starting linemen last year?

We had varied schemes as you Know shifting between 3-4 and 4-3. you can't compare DT to DE. The DT put pressure up the middle leaving the QB nowhere to go. He did a good job hence the pro bowl. He had 7.5 sacks which is very good for a DT. Kyle had 10. 5, Jerry Hughes as an out side pass rusher had 10 and Super Mario had 13.