Should the Bills Cut Dareus? - Jerry Sullivan Article

Sullivan Article   

315 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Bills should cut ties with Dareus?

• Yes
    • No

I don't have a problem with Sullivan's article. I wouldn't cut Dareus, but don't mind a local sports-writer calling him out publicly.

Exactly, it's an opinion piece, not a puff piece for buffalo bills.com. If your family member was in an accident caused by the street racing, would people still say winning is more important?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always suspected that Jerry Sullivan and some of the other guys from the Buffalo News post on this site anonymously and try to stir the pot and drive the narrative that they are pushing.

We can now probably narrow it down to the 6 guys who voted to cut Marcell.

There is no way that the Bills should even be considering cutting Marcell.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

well, the defense won a superbowl.

his whopping 39 yards didn't mean a thing. (can u smell the sour grapes?)

Super Bowl performance or not, do I need to dredge up all the "Why did we get rid of Beast Mode?" threads here? BTW, Sully already has his "Bills stupid to cut Dareus" column already written for later.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So he smokes weed and likes to drive fast in the off season. Not going to cut him. In perspective, the Patriots had a guy on the team that was actually murdering people and they didn't think about cutting him until he was thrown behind bars. You can't tell me they didn't know what was going on with the guy. They also still have Edelman on the team that was arrested for sexually assaulting a woman at a bar.

I would hate to see him work out his personal issues and have a long successful career on another team.

Jerry Sullivan is a jerk. He has always been a jerk and always will be one.

Occasionally, like a broken clock, he is right about something, but this is not one of those times. And even when he is right he is still a jerk.

Seriously this kid is 24 years old and all these talking heads believe if you're in the NFL with several million dollars you are automatically mature. It doesn't happen like that. Jerry the Genius was a huge lobbiest for dumping Lynch, and we all know how well that went. I have a better idea fire Sully instead. I think Marshawn sends Sully a Christmas card every year though. LOL

What exactly are the five chances Sullivan is referring too?

1) Late for meeting.

2) Late for meeting.

3) Arrested for possession of illegal substance.

4) Arrested for drag racing.

What's number five? Mourning the loss of his brother?

Dareus' behavior smacks of immaturity not a pattern of criminal behavior. So for this they should cut him?

How in the world does Sullivan have the nerve to allude to Bruce Smith in this very article and not mention the fact that he was suspended for doing COCAINE!?! Was he lobbying for him to get cut too?

That was a simpler more innocent time, back when boys would be boys and stay up all night blasting daggers off of a strippers ass, ignorant of the dangers of controlled substances. Now we know better and drug use is largely a thing of the past.

Edited by Jauronimo

He has major challenges and needs to grow up. Lacks discipline, however whoever said you need to be a saint to star in the NFL. There are others who have done worse that have helped teams win championships. Wins first, values second. When its all done he will pay the price for his immature behavior.

This situation is not far different from what Bruce Smith was and still is like. Help him mature and keep that talent in the fold.

Edited by JackKemp

Forget about losing Winfield,Clemens, pat williams, whitner, Byrd,Stevie.. Marcel Is up there with Lynch and will have a great career. It would be a big mistake to let him go. Weed is starting to become legal across this country... He had fake weed and judging by that probably thought it was ok or he would have had the real stuff. Legit mistake IMO, it's a confusing time for that stuff. And racing in a parking lot is stupid but Wtf, he wrecked his car got a bunch of tickets and has everyone afraid he will screw up and do something again, I get it. BUT, this kid has had an UNBELIEVABLY rough life, he's 24, he needs some guidance and coach Marrone I think has sympathy for him. Football wise he's a potential wall of famer at least. They better not cut him.He could have done some way worse stuff and I hope he's learning a lesson.

Edited by SJDK

I see overwhelmingly its no. Well sure FANS would vote that, that is why its great 99% of fans should never be owner. This kid needs to be gone and a clear message sent to the rest of the team. Trade his ass now

Yeah, suspend him for his Bills career instead of four games.

The kid has little family left. He's 24. He's made some dumb mistakes. There isn't anyone anywhere to my knowledge, outside of fans here that don't know a thing about him, that say he is a bad guy. Everyone seems to love him. He lost his dad at 6, his mom was confined to wheelchair his whole life and died when he was 20, his grandmom that raised him died when he was 13, his father figure coach died in a car crash when Dareus was living with him at 18, his brother was murdered last year, and I think his best friend died too, all before he was 23.

He's just a spoiled brat. :wallbash:

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Dumbest thing Ive read all offseason. And that is saying something.

Stop over-reacting. Very few people outside of Buffalo/Bills fans even realize this happened, and we're in a period where the media is desperate for any NFL news.

Dareus's transgressions barely made it onto ESPN's NFL Live (they actually spent more time saying Manuel will have a breakout season). And it wasnt even mentioned on Around the Horn or PTI.

Only Bills fans, with our "Run Them Out of Town" attitude, would even THINK of cutting such a player over such trivial events.

Get a grip, Bills fans. Find some perspective.

+1

Enough the bleeding deacon nonsense. He's a 20 something kid who smokes weed and races cars. Big deal. Who cares?