The Chris Simms Interview.

Chris Simms? As in the former QB and son of Phil? When did he become a pundit?

I think he works for bleacher report. It was a. Very good interview. He had high praise for the Sammy pick and the offensive line draft picks. He talked about Richardson maybe needing some time due to more basic coaching at Baylor, but could be a solid starter later. He's also very high on Robert woods, Kouandjio, and definitely Sammy. He also had good things to say about Nate Hackett.

He definitely knows his stuff. Worth a listen.

I think he works for bleacher report. It was a. Very good interview. He had high praise for the Sammy pick and the offensive line draft picks. He talked about Richardson maybe needing some time due to more basic coaching at Baylor, but could be a solid starter later. He's also very high on Robert woods, Kouandjio, and definitely Sammy. He also had good things to say about Nate Hackett.

He definitely knows his stuff. Worth a listen.

During the draft he and other guys was broke down every Bills pick in BR videos. Very good analyst indeed.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Before the bashing of the kid starts, Many great coaches, analysts were former athletes that weren't great at the pro level. This is seen in all sports, I don't seen Montana, Elway, Kelly etal being great coaches they just dont have it. Kelly tried to be on ESPN but Hunters issues side tracked that but honestly he wasn't that good at it.

So Who knows maybe Chris Simms can be one of the better analysts out there. He has played the sport his entire life, been around and in pro football so he brings an insight many 'Experts' out there don't have. I will say this, I was very impressed at how well he knew the Bills and that he feels this team objectively is on the rise.

Did the Buffalo Bills draft a pair of knees for EJ Manuel?

No.

Did the Buffalo Bills draft a competent coaching staff?

No.

6-10

Since you put it like that......I think we might be doomed.

Before the bashing of the kid starts, Many great coaches, analysts were former athletes that weren't great at the pro level. This is seen in all sports, I don't seen Montana, Elway, Kelly etal being great coaches they just dont have it. Kelly tried to be on ESPN but Hunters issues side tracked that but honestly he wasn't that good at it.

So Who knows maybe Chris Simms can be one of the better analysts out there. He has played the sport his entire life, been around and in pro football so he brings an insight many 'Experts' out there don't have. I will say this, I was very impressed at how well he knew the Bills and that he feels this team objectively is on the rise.

I haven't listened to the entirety of this interview (I caught part of it when he was on the JMS live) but I did hear him interviewed before on the same show, pre-draft. He mentioned that he did do some coaching but the stress, hours and travel weren't conducive to the family life he wanted, so he changed careers to where he is still very involved with football but in a different way. Coaching certainly isn;t for everyone, and he seems to love what he is doing now.

No.

No.

6-10

Hey guys...nice punchbowl!

Mind if I drop a turd in it?

Regarding Simms, obviously he wasn't a great player in the NFL, but he did play in the NFL for eight years as an NFL QB so he knows the game and he knows what the players go through.

I have often found that it is the lesser players (i.e. the non-stars) that make the best coaches/analysts. That's because they had to study harder and prepare better just to be able to be on the field/court/etc.

Simms comes off as a very bright guy in the interview.

One of the biggest things that I took from the interview is that Simms said that he remembered what a huge improvement he was able to make as an NFL QB from year one to year two. He said that he became so much more comfortable with everything that he was able to just be calm and play the game. He said that he expects Manuel to be able to make the same leap this year now that he is a second year player.

The other thing that really stood out to me was how much he absolutely raved about Watkins. Best offensive player in the draft. Going to be better than Julio Jones/AJ Green/etc.

That's really saying something.

Regarding Simms, obviously he wasn't a great player in the NFL, but he did play in the NFL for eight years as an NFL QB so he knows the game and he knows what the players go through.

I have often found that it is the lesser players (i.e. the non-stars) that make the best coaches/analysts. That's because they had to study harder and prepare better just to be able to be on the field/court/etc.

Simms comes off as a very bright guy in the interview.

One of the biggest things that I took from the interview is that Simms said that he remembered what a huge improvement he was able to make as an NFL QB from year one to year two. He said that he became so much more comfortable with everything that he was able to just be calm and play the game. He said that he expects Manuel to be able to make the same leap this year now that he is a second year player.

The other thing that really stood out to me was how much he absolutely raved about Watkins. Best offensive player in the draft. Going to be better than Julio Jones/AJ Green/etc.

That's really saying something.

It seems like the ex-players really love the trade/pick of Watkins. I watched the ESPN version of the draft that I had on DVR as I had watched it live on NFLN, and Ray Lewis was yelling "Home. Run." and said he thought he was the best player in the draft.

Simms showed a deep and detailed knowledge about the Bills, a rarity among the national many local analysts. Go to the Bills website and you can listen to the segment.

Fixed

See: Hasselbeck, Tim.

Can we find out how he thought last season would turn out?

No.

No.

6-10

Plus the Bills did nothing to prepare for impending jihad. The Bills could draft Hall of Famers at every position but what will it matter when they're sentenced to death for apostasy?

It seems like the ex-players really love the trade/pick of Watkins. I watched the ESPN version of the draft that I had on DVR as I had watched it live on NFLN, and Ray Lewis was yelling "Home. Run." and said he thought he was the best player in the draft.

I mostly stuck with the NFLN feed during the draft. But since you mentioned Ray Ray, after I reviewed the DVR for the ESPN 1st round coverage, I have to say I was mildly surprised to see Lewis stationed on the set with Mel, Gruden, and Boomer.

There is no doubt #52 is one of the all-time greats at his (or any) position. But when ESPN hired him, I probably had some of the same preconceived notions of his TV prospects as many of you – undeserving, murder accomplice, etc.

I came away very impressed with what Lewis had to offer to the broadcast & what his thoughts were on each player. He thoroughly explained his convictions – ok sorry, poor choice of words there – on top guys like Watkins and Mack. All in all, he was far more informative and insightful than Gruden, who basically only offered a “Gee, I think they should take Johnny Football” as each selection came due.

And back to the topic of this thread, if you are at all optimistic about the direction of the Bills unde the Dougs, the interview with Chris Simms is a must-listen. I am now a fan of his broadcast work, and will hunt him down on twitter.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp