Bills Release WR Brandon Kaufman.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb move.

Brandon Kaufmann deserves a chance with another team. If he gets it, he'll turn heads for sure. Kaufman is a natural-born playmaker.

Six months from now when everyone is screaming for Nat Hackett's head, I'll remember this roster cut.

Dumb move.

Brandon Kaufmann deserves a chance with another team. If he gets it, he'll turn heads for sure. Kaufman is a natural-born playmaker.

Six months from now when everyone is screaming for Nat Hackett's head, I'll remember this roster cut.

:lol: :lol:

We only had so many draft picks and we went after as many holes in free agency. I'm not going to list all of the acquisitions as everyone knows them. They will have to make due with Chandler and at least one of the other guys. This isn't Madden.

I don't know almost any team in the NFL who has superstars at every position on the offense and defense. It was pointed out there were only 4 TEs in the draft worth it, and who do you want to take away. We need all of the guys we took. Which superstar TEs were on the street in free agency? There weren't any that are in their prime.

Lastly, where we may have a need at TE, we are now pretty stacked at WR. We're also most likely to be more of a power running team, so where we only have Chandler, we support the run through Frank the Tank.

Well, it's not like the #1 offense in the league for a while was named the K-gun or anything.

So you think that Keith McKeller was a great player?

We only had so many draft picks and we went after as many holes in free agency. I'm not going to list all of the acquisitions as everyone knows them. They will have to make due with Chandler and at least one of the other guys. This isn't Madden.

I don't know almost any team in the NFL who has superstars at every position on the offense and defense. It was pointed out there were only 4 TEs in the draft worth it, and who do you want to take away. We need all of the guys we took. Which superstar TEs were on the street in free agency? There weren't any that are in their prime.

Lastly, where we may have a need at TE, we are now pretty stacked at WR. We're also most likely to be more of a power running team, so where we only have Chandler, we support the run through Frank the Tank.

Exactly!! Great post

So you think that Keith McKeller was a great player?

Exactly!! Great post

Haha. That's exactly what I was thinking. Just because the K Gun was named after McKeller doesn't mean squat. The guy hardly played. And when he did, he was far from amazing.

Seattle's TE (bonus points if you knew his name) Zach Miller was the 27th ranked TE in the league last year. Chandler was 13th. If you have a premier TE, you will run offensive plays to take advantage. If you don't, you will use him as an option when the defense is focused elsewhere. I think the Bills will fall into the second category, and that's fine. I still think Moeaki could be a nice player as well.

Seattle's TE (bonus points if you knew his name) Zach Miller was the 27th ranked TE in the league last year. Chandler was 13th. If you have a premier TE, you will run offensive plays to take advantage. If you don't, you will use him as an option when the defense is focused elsewhere. I think the Bills will fall into the second category, and that's fine. I still think Moeaki could be a nice player as well.

Most people see a TE make a play on an ESPN highlight and instantly think they must be better than Chandler.

Chandler had his best season last year, and that wasn't even a year removed from his ACL injury. I'm surprised no one gave him an offer on the market but I'm glad they didn't.

Most people see a TE make a play on an ESPN highlight and instantly think they must be better than Chandler.

Chandler generally stayed healthy last year didnt he? A guy that barely gets in the top half of the league in production despite playing 16 games tends to be considered reliable, but not that talented.

As indicated by taking a pay decrease and no dollars guaranteed past this year.... I think the bills, the nfl and scott all agree he's not in the top half of the league talent wise

I really like Chandler, myself. He's a mismatch for defenses due to his height. Gets open quite often, and has solid hands.

I don't understand how people can think otherwise.

He's okay but so limited athletically. In another thread I named 23 TEs that I would trade him straight up for (it didn't include the rookies). His numbers are misleading because he is targeted a lot. He is somewhere in the low-mid 20s.

Haha. That's exactly what I was thinking. Just because the K Gun was named after McKeller doesn't mean squat. The guy hardly played. And when he did, he was far from amazing.

Who is the best TE in franchise history? Warlick? He is before my time so I don't know. Metzelaars? He was never better than average. Reimersma is probably the best that I remember and he was just pretty good. I don't know if a Bills TE has ever been to a pro bowl? That's insane. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't understand half the people on here...

1.) if we have a pass catching tight end, or people talk about the need for one, he is ripped on bc he doesn't block well...

2.) the blocking TE gets trashed because he can't run routes and/or catch well...

3.) Chandler can perform reasonably well on both of these areas, and he's a beast size target, so one would think he is the best of both worlds, but no...

Let's save some $$$$ and see what Chandler can do with a more accurate passer and a QB that isn't running for his life...

He's okay but so limited athletically. In another thread I named 23 TEs that I would trade him straight up for (it didn't include the rookies). His numbers are misleading because he is targeted a lot. He is somewhere in the low-mid 20s.

Who is the best TE in franchise history? Warlick? He is before my time so I don't know. Metzelaars? He was never better than average. Reimersma is probably the best that I remember and he was just pretty good. I don't know if a Bills TE has ever been to a pro bowl? That's insane.

Allow me a quick Van Miller impersonation of a Metzelaars reception:

Bills set at the line. The ball is snapped. Kelly back to pass. Sets. Throws. HE'S GOT METZELAARS ALL ALONE AT MIDFIELD!!! MAKES THE CATCH. HE'S AT THE 50...(3s pause) HE'S AT THE 49... HE'S AT THE 48... he's tackled from behind at the 47 yard line by William "the refrigerator" Perry. That had the look of a big play, if not for the fleetness of foot of the big defensive lineman.