Selling of Bills Could Happen Even Sooner

But, all that would count into his net worth.

Those Forbes articles are making an estimation on what's publicly available. His East Resource company wasn't "worth" over 4 billion until he sold it. From what I understand, and of course I could be wrong, Pegula also owns and/or has invested in a number of other companies that own land prime for drilling/fracking. Again, I'm no expert, but I think that unless a company is publicly traded, they are under no obligation to disclose details about their internal structure.

I recall seeing Pegula's name tied to JKLM Energy and some other "small" companies that own land and have sought drilling permits in PA, WV, OH, NY and places out west in and around the rockies. How much he stands to benefit from those sites is up for speculation, and I don't think Forbes "counts" that in a precise manner when calculating his net worth.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious where other ownership interests might be interested in moving the team. We really haven't heard much besides the perpetually rumored L.A., but there are a number of other cities that would be more suitable than Buffalo, bigger cities with greater ability to do what the modern NFL wants, namely sell out corporate luxury suites and PSLs. I suspect that they might be quietly biding their time until the post-Wilson-passing fallout subsides.

LA is essentially not part of the discussion in regards to the Bills at this moment. unlikely it will be. and Toronto may soon be out of the picture, too.

jw

John Kryk@JohnKryk 1 min

Reported earlier, but ICYMI Howard Milstein (w/ WNY ties) says he won't be "participating in the sales process or making" bid to buy #Bills.

But he owns a large tract of land just east in Niagara Falls, just east of the falls and said in a statement: "We are prepared to put substantial personal and business resources behind that effort, including our land in Niagara Falls ... I look forward to working w/ all parties & any prospective buyers to help keep the #Bills in upstate NY where they belong."

The music is soon to stop, re #Bills bid groups. Who's aligning with whom? Who's going it alone? TIme to find a chair. We might know soon.

Edited by Punch

unlikely it will be. and Toronto may soon be out of the picture, too.

jw

Best words ever.

I was at a point for years I was determined they were destined for toronto 100%. As that is torn down, I can actually imagine the bills secure here long term... it feels so different and good.

I said a lot of negative things about wilson over the years, but if the bills are secured in buffalo, I plan on a steady and tasty diet of crow

Interesting that Milstein is out. Two-time bidder on other franchises pulls out. He's got his real estate interests in NF. I wonder what he knows that we don't. Well, a lot obviously. But specifically related to the Bills ownership.

John Kryk@JohnKryk 1 min

Reported earlier, but ICYMI Howard Milstein (w/ WNY ties) says he won't be "participating in the sales process or making" bid to buy #Bills.

But he owns a large tract of land just east in Niagara Falls, just east of the falls and said in a statement: "We are prepared to put substantial personal and business resources behind that effort, including our land in Niagara Falls ... I look forward to working w/ all parties & any prospective buyers to help keep the #Bills in upstate NY where they belong."

The music is soon to stop, re #Bills bid groups. Who's aligning with whom? Who's going it alone? TIme to find a chair. We might know soon.

Reporterr earlier...by whom? Kryk? If so, nice scoop...

So much for all that discussion about Milstein....poof.

Best words ever.

I was at a point for years I was determined they were destined for toronto 100%. As that is torn down, I can actually imagine the bills secure here long term... it feels so different and good.

I said a lot of negative things about wilson over the years, but if the bills are secured in buffalo, I plan on a steady and tasty diet of crow

Totally agree. I just don't want to count my chickens yet!...........I didn't really get on Ralph much, except that I thought he should have a plan for the Bills after he's gone. And, now it looks like he did! (knocking on wood, crossing fingers, etc.)

Interesting that Milstein is out. Two-time bidder on other franchises pulls out. He's got his real estate interests in NF. I wonder what he knows that we don't. Well, a lot obviously. But specifically related to the Bills ownership.

I presume that the process of selling a privately held asset is under no disclosure obligations whatsoever.

If true, this means we are unlikely to understand the whole story until it's done or ever.

For example what if:

His bid was too low and he thus was allowed to "withdraw" from the process?

Or if he failed to meet key criteria for a legitimate franchise owner?

Maybe he was unwilling to agree to terms of sale established by the trust...

Who knows...

Reporterr earlier...by whom? Kryk? If so, nice scoop...

The first I saw of it was on Twitter by Tim Graham.

ByTimGraham

Howard Milstein tells The Buffalo News he will not bid on the Buffalo Bills or participate in any attempt to purchase the team.

5/12/14, 10:07 AM

My only guess is they have the assessed value of the bills and he thought it was too steep.

I presume that the process of selling a privately held asset is under no disclosure obligations whatsoever.

If true, this means we are unlikely to understand the whole story until it's done or ever.

For example what if:

His bid was too low and he thus was allowed to "withdraw" from the process?

Or if he failed to meet key criteria for a legitimate franchise owner?

Maybe he was unwilling to agree to terms of sale established by the trust...

Who knows...

Or the Bills/League have identified one or two WNY-centric ownership entities and Milstein’s continued pursuit

would have been pointless. So he stays involved by offering to do what he can, which most likely means, his

Niagara Falls land holdings.

Edited by purple haze

Interesting. I thought he was a real possibility as the next owner of the Bills. I am really hopeful about JW's post.

I hope this means that there are local interests (individually or collectively) trying to purchase the team. Maybe the lease and recent activities and statements from the State and Goodell are narrowing the field. I still believe that a new stadium will need to be part of the agreement to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Ultimately, this may be the most significant hurdle.