Players the bills have drafted in the 2nd recently:

Kiko

Robert woods

Cordy Glenn

Aaron Williams

Andy levitre

Jairus Byrd

Torell troup

That is the last 5 drafts in the second round. 1 miss out of 7 picks.

I'm not even against trading up but the Bills have done very well in the second round recently and that makes me prefer a trade down. Either way I trust this front office because they have done well recently.

Don't bash the bills for their second round picks though they have done very well recently.

great job by the Bills in the second round!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiko

Robert woods

Cordy Glenn

Aaron Williams

Andy levitre

Jairus Byrd

Torell troup

I'm not even against trading up but the Bills have done very well in the second round recently and that makes me prefer a trade down. Either way I trust this front office because they have done well recently.

Don't bash the bills for their second round picks though they have done very well recently.

Yeah, what he said!

We have two big holes on the OL, so-so TE's. And old RB and another scat back on a contract year. We need a OLB and a DE and quite possibly a safety. We can shore up many of those with a good draft without giving up high picks for a position that we may need just fine at. Watkins is a great open field yac guy. What we need is a guy who can catch when covered. I'd rather have Evans or ASJ as another weapon for EJ and keep out picks for the OL, et al.

You think we have holes; Whaley and Marrone don't. I agree. We have serviceable players and depth at all of these positions. Are 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders going to come in and be upgrades or are we simply going to bring in more guys like the ones we have?

Positions on the o-line can surely be upgraded and even if we trade up, RT probably will be drafted. We don't need to address RB this year. We can, but can wait, if needed. CJ isn't a scat back. L'michael James is a scat; CJ isn't. How many 3-5 round safeties do we need? We already have 3 and Graham is likely going to compete there as well. There isn't an upgrade to be had here early on. People would scream bloody murder if we went safety. OLB and DE are interchangeable based on personnel. We have Lawson and Hughes who can play both. Again, no value here at 9 either.

The strategy of plugging holes with picks 8-10 has gotten us exactly nowhere in the last 14 years. The time to be bold is now. Be it clowney or Sammy, make a move and see if we can get over the hump. I agree with others that, if possible, we need to avoid trading next years one in order to do so.

U r comparing a kid that was a un-drafted free agent to a possible #1 overall pick. U sir should b a GM!

Da'Rick was highly touted at TN before his fall from grace...on pace to be a premiere draft pick...same size, quickness and aggressiveness. We let him slip away. We will regret not keeping him (just like if we don't draft Ebron).

Da'Rick was highly touted at TN before his fall from grace...on pace to be a premiere draft pick...same size, quickness and aggressiveness. We let him slip away. We will regret not keeping him (just like if we don't draft Ebron).

Key phrase: fall from grace.

We will not regret Da'Rick or Ebron.

You think we have holes; Whaley and Marrone don't. I agree. We have serviceable players and depth at all of these positions. Are 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders going to come in and be upgrades or are we simply going to bring in more guys like the ones we have?

Positions on the o-line can surely be upgraded and even if we trade up, RT probably will be drafted. We don't need to address RB this year. We can, but can wait, if needed. CJ isn't a scat back. L'michael James is a scat; CJ isn't. How many 3-5 round safeties do we need? We already have 3 and Graham is likely going to compete there as well. There isn't an upgrade to be had here early on. People would scream bloody murder if we went safety. OLB and DE are interchangeable based on personnel. We have Lawson and Hughes who can play both. Again, no value here at 9 either.

The strategy of plugging holes with picks 8-10 has gotten us exactly nowhere in the last 14 years. The time to be bold is now. Be it clowney or Sammy, make a move and see if we can get over the hump. I agree with others that, if possible, we need to avoid trading next years one in order to do so.

This post nails it right on the head. Couldn't agree more. Get an "elite" player in the draft for once. There are only a handful this year-then there is a definite chasm between the elites and the next tier. Last year trading back made sense- it was a draft lacking in top-tier talent. This year a trade back amounts to depth players that "may" compete for starting jobs. Get a stud at the top (Clowney, Watkins, or Mack) and enjoy watching them in the fall

I think we'll regret Da'Rick. I think he's going to be a solid top three WR for a long time. We let him go over guys who may never catch a pass in the NFL because they "try harder." I bet I could try harder than Rogers, but the talent is what matters when it comes to those lower-end roster spots.

Basically the entire NFL "let him slip away" he was a UDFA! So there is that!

It could be the 49ers. I think they're primed to make a big move to put them over the top. They certainly have the ammo to move way up the draft into the top 5.

You make a good point and they have stockpiled draft picks so they can afford it. They are very close to beating the Seahawks, and need an elite talent at WR.

Still can't believe we let Da'Rick Rogers walk. Talk about a Sammy Watkins clone. Ugh.

Let him walk? More like pushed out the door. It's funny, the players fans create an emotional tie to.

Maybe since the Bills are his favorite team he said he would play for free? Might be worth it

:thumbsup:

Kiko

Robert woods

Cordy Glenn

Aaron Williams

Andy levitre

Jairus Byrd

Torell troup

So, the evidence suggests: Being 2nd Round geniuses will get you what, 6 wins a year?

New strategy, lets try to be good in the 1st round.

I feel the same way. I am not sold on EJ so I am hesitant to lose that 2015 1st.

i am of the same thinking. I don't Bills to trade up this year.

Because they might be forced to next year.

Hope not but hey..

Bulletin: Manuel still has accuracy issues on the long ball.

Bulletin Manuel has accuracy issues period.

But he can throw the ball a very long way easily. Thats why we now have speedsters running deep/fly routes

I like Watkins, but quite frankly, I'd rather the Bills trade up for Mack, Clowney, Robinson or Matthews. In that order. Buffalo wouldn't have to trade up that far (if at all) for Matthews.

This WR class is so stacked that if they really want a WR, there will be a really good one there at 41 (IMO).

They also could stay put in the 1st, take BPA, and then sell out to move back into the 1st for Cody Lattimer.

EJ HAS A CANNON! Just not accurate he will be flingin in past them grrrrrr

Need to watch the Sport Science episode with EJ Manuel. He was the best out of any QB that's been on that show with hitting the downfield target.

Bulletin: Manuel still has accuracy issues on the long ball.

Watch the Sport Science episode with EJ Manuel. The best ever on their show with accuracy