Sammy Watkins tweets...

Rubes

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is NO comparison to be made between Wadkins the The Rick. For all his physical ability, The Rick has a 10 cent head, poor work ethic, and doesn't take to advice from teammates and coaches very well. He also has a tendency to pout when things don't go his way. There's a reason he was pulled from the playoff game vs. the Patriots*.

Sammy Wadkins is the exact opposite. If Rogers had his work ethic and dedication to making himself a better player, along with the requisite football IQ, he'd be on his way to a Hall of Fame career. As it stands, Rogers will be lucky to stick with the Colts if he doesn't get his head out of his ass.

GO BILLS!!!

EDIT: Meant to say Patriots* instead of Chiefs playoff game.

Edited by K-9

There is NO comparison to be made between Wadkins the The Rick. For all his physical ability, The Rick has a 10 cent head, poor work ethic, and doesn't take to advice from teammates and coaches very well. He also has a tendency to pout when things don't go his way. There's a reason he was pulled from the playoff game vs. the Chiefs.

Sammy Wadkins is the exact opposite. If Rogers had his work ethic and dedication to making himself a better player, along with the requisite football IQ, he'd be on his way to a Hall of Fame career. As it stands, Rogers will be lucky to stick with the Colts if he doesn't get his head out of his ass.

GO BILLS!!!

Da'Rick was on a record setting pace in the SEC before he became misunderstood and had to transfer out. Look at the long balls he was catching in training camp. He also had a TD in our preseason game last year (Did Hogan? Did TJ Graham Cracker?). I can't believe the lack of respect for Da'Rick from this board.

He can throw the ball. The arm talent is not the problem with EJ. The bigger question is can he do it with pressure on him, because his footwork becomes more important.

yup. EJ has a cannon but as you said, his biggest problem is his footwork at times. IT causes the bal lto sail when he doesn't probably set his feet.

And I go back and forth on Watkins. I love his talent but there is a part of me who wishes he was bigger. Also, as great as his YAC is, it's a lot different doing that in the ACC than the NFL. If the Bills feel that strongly about the guy, I wil lsupport it 100%. but I question if it's worth it to give what it would take to move up.

The Rick was a raw talent... Even in Indy, he ONLY saw the field RARELY and they were decimated at WR this year... It's not just TBD, or the Bills organization... it's Indy too... a playoff team... respectfully, Maybe the man crush starts and ends with you, lol

Yeah, folks forget Indt cut him and only signed him back after a ton of wr injuries.

The Rick was a raw talent... Even in Indy, he ONLY saw the field RARELY and they were decimated at WR this year... It's not just TBD, or the Bills organization... it's Indy too... a playoff team... respectfully, Maybe the man crush starts and ends with you, lol

Are you saying I am unreasonably infatuated with a pro WR with above average height (6'3") and above average speed, who has actually played in the NFL versus a WR from Clemson who had two bad years, has mediocre height and above average speed?? Y'all will regret not keeping Da'Rick. Book it!!

He can throw the ball. The arm talent is not the problem with EJ. The bigger question is can he do it with pressure on him, because his footwork becomes more important.

Totally agree. I apologize if it came across wrong. I am not questioning his arm talent at all. I was talking specifically about deep ball accuracy. What I saw in the games differed from what I saw on Sports Science.

Da'Rick was on a record setting pace in the SEC before he became misunderstood and had to transfer out. Look at the long balls he was catching in training camp. He also had a TD in our preseason game last year (Did Hogan? Did TJ Graham Cracker?). I can't believe the lack of respect for Da'Rick from this board.

Da'Rick has been hashed and rehashed ad nauseam in the famous thread from months ago. But this is a new take: that he had to transfer out of the SEC because he was "misunderstood." That is just beyond my ability to comment on intelligently.

I'm quite familiar with the Rogers saga from last summer. His long ball receptions were beautiful. I also know for a fact, according to folks whose responsibilities include charting every rep at camp and compiling player video for coaches and players to break down later, that for every good play he made, there were twice as many lazy routes, missed routes, and missed assignments. And he also bristled much of the time when veterans and others offered him advice.

If Rogers' focus and dedication matched his physical abilities, he'd be a star. At this point they don't and the Bills had to get rid of him because EVERYBODY, read: THE OTHER PLAYERS AND COACHES, knew he wasn't cutting it out on the field.

Then again, maybe after all that effort to give him an opportunity, the Bills simply "misunderstood" Da'Rick Rogers. I'm sure the Colts misunderstood him when they benched him during their biggest game of the year against the Pats*.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Totally agree. I apologize if it came across wrong. I am not questioning his arm talent at all. I was talking specifically about deep ball accuracy. What I saw in the games differed from what I saw on Sports Science.

Doing it in the studio vs. being pressured by someone is a much different context for sure! :thumbsup:

This thread has been derailed.

Da'Rick is gone folks. If he is such a hot commodity, then why weren't 31 teams all over him when he hit the waiver wire after the Bills dumped him? Why did he finally get picked up, then released, then picked up again...by the Colts (a team who was just short of holding fan tryouts for WR)? Please let it go. He simply just is not that good IMHO.

Don't do it (regarding drafting Watkins)!! UNLESS the Bills only want to keep him for 4 years. One word, Parker! You know the rest.

If we draft him, we have to make him sign a 10 years contract. I don't care how talented he is, I want to draft players that will stick around, not a dick like Byrd.

Edited by Big Hurt

Da'Rick is gone folks. If he is such a hot commodity, then why weren't 31 teams all over him when he hit the waiver wire after the Bills dumped him? Why did he finally get picked up, then released, then picked up again...by the Colts (a team who was just short of holding fan tryouts for WR)? Please let it go. He simply just is not that good IMHO.

I have to put more alarms on my "ACME Sarcas-o-meter". I'm not infatuated with Da'Rick (anything but)...the big picture is: how can we christen Sammy Watkins as the second coming of Megatron (at 6'1", decent speed and nice YAC) when he hasn't demonstrated consistent dominance in the SEC for an extended period of time? If our team mortgages our first round pick next year for an unproven (average sized) talent, I'll be concerned. I guess I'm not a "follower" when it comes to the reports of the so-called "experts".

The Da'Rick thread was epic. Someone bring it back to pass the time until the draft. I feel it ended too soon.

I have to put more alarms on my "ACME Sarcas-o-meter". I'm not infatuated with Da'Rick (anything but)...the big picture is: how can we christen Sammy Watkins as the second coming of Megatron (at 6'1", decent speed and nice YAC) when he hasn't demonstrated consistent dominance in the SEC for an extended period of time? If our team mortgages our first round pick next year for an unproven (average sized) talent, I'll be concerned. I guess I'm not a "follower" when it comes to the reports of the so-called "experts".

Phew! I was worried about you for a moment. I totally missed your sarcasm.

GO BILLS!!!

Phew! I was worried about you for a moment. I totally missed your sarcasm.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought I gave you guys enough hints with the "we will regret it" (from the "If we pass on Ebron we will regret it" thread) or "I can't believe the lack of respect for Da'Rick" (from the "I can't believe the lack of respect for Levitre" thread last year). I'll be more direct next time. :lol:

There is a thousand page thread to talk Da'Rick. My issue (a stated many times there) was that the Bills released an NFL caliber WR for an AFL caliber WR (or WRs). No one believes that Da'Rick is a Hall of Famer but believe that he could have been a rotational player. The Bills kept Hogan, Graham and Easley ahead of him. Easley is a great ST player at least. Does anyone believe that Hogan or Graham will have a better career than Da'Rick? Of course not. He had more yards in 1 game than Hogan will have in his whole career!! I firmly believe that (I can't see Hogan eer appearing on an active NFL roster with the depth of this WR class). That was my issue anyways. Why waste a spot in a guy that has no chance to be anything but horrible? I will leave the Da'Rick talk to that thread from here on out though -I promise.

I'm suggesting that maybe it doesn't matter... we have a solid WR corps... I'm also suggesting that Rogers was given one shot, he had a troubled past, and I'm not certain that things went well, while in town he lacked hustle, and he lacked the ability to pick up the offense. Having a fast WR on your team that is X inches tall means nothing if they have mush between their ears. Rogers was probably not the type of receiver they were looking for.

Do you remember all the issues with Rogers, or just remember that day he looked good at camp and that he was 6'3"???

Fergy, if you want a tall WR, maybe we can kick the tires on James Hardy...