Sammy Watkins tweets...

Rubes

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone hasn't had a chance read it, I strongly recommend this week's SI article about Sammy Watkins (4/28 issue).

I'd take the kid on football character alone.

GO BILLS!!!

Link?

It's not the one by greg bedard right?

My apologies, but I read the magazine in a doctor's office today and I didn't note the byline.

GO BILLS!!!

I googled and read an OK article by bedard but it was more about how Watkins is different (smaller) than most dominant WRs in today's game. I don't think that is the one you're referencing.

I googled and read an OK article by bedard but it was more about how Watkins is different (smaller) than most dominant WRs in today's game. I don't think that is the one you're referencing.

No, it's not. The one I read touches upon his All America freshman year, his bust for getting caught with reefer and slumping his sophomore year, and how that motivated him to come back even better last season. Really highlights his work ethic and dedication to getting better as a receiver. I think the kid has something you can't teach. This article sold me more than anything I saw on tape, which was quite amazing in itself.

GO BILLS!!!

Article was written by Andy Staples and is entitled, 'A Cut Above'. Can't find the article on line unless you subscribe to SI.

GO BILLS!!!

I would give up our 2nd round pick to move up and get you Sammy.

The problem is we already have 4 good receivers in Stevie, Williams, Woods and Goodwin, and we need to give our QB and runners better blocking and we need to add another beast to our defensive front 7 so we're going to have to let you pass buddy.

I'll draft you for my fantasy team either way, so that'll be cool.

Stevie goes, period. Watkins, Woods, Williams all >>>> Stevie. Goodwin = Stevie and that is before he can get a ton of playing time.

I would give up our 2nd round pick to move up and get you Sammy.

The problem is we already have 4 good receivers in Stevie, Williams, Woods and Goodwin, and we need to give our QB and runners better blocking and we need to add another beast to our defensive front 7 so we're going to have to let you pass buddy.

I'll draft you for my fantasy team either way, so that'll be cool.

You can probably pick up a starting caliber RT in rd 2 maybe 3....

Stevie goes, period. Watkins, Woods, Williams all >>>> Stevie. Goodwin = Stevie and that is before he can get a ton of playing time.

Are you sure that's it? What about Easley? He just needs a chance to start. Hogan too. He's always open. Don't sleep on Kauffman...he's a total wild card.

All these guys are so obviously at least equal to Stevie if not better. They make way less money and they don't rap and have as many tattoos.

Actually, if you really think about it, can anyone honestly say for sure that Brian moorman couldn't be a better receiver than Stevie? How do you really know?

Are you sure that's it? What about Easley? He just needs a chance to start. Hogan too. He's always open. Don't sleep on Kauffman...he's a total wild card.

All these guys are so obviously at least equal to Stevie if not better. They make way less money and they don't rap and have as many tattoos.

Actually, if you really think about it, can anyone honestly say for sure that Brian moorman couldn't be a better receiver than Stevie? How do you really know?

HEY! easy there on guys like Easley and Kaufman. Don't you know that they are all stars if the dumb coaches would just give em a fair shake? If only these coaches who see them play everyday knew as much as the fans. SMH

Still can't believe we let Da'Rick Rogers walk. Talk about a Sammy Watkins clone. Ugh.