Please sign Richie Incognito

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a good when the Bills picked him up the first time, but he will become his own circus if he signs here. Meaning, his signing will only bring attention of his past history and not his play. It's a bad PR signing in my eyes, when you can get a younger player who has less baggage and is hungry to play.

They didn't re-sign him in buffalo for a reason. They could have, but chose not to. He was a bad teammate in Buffalo, and nobody liked him and he was bad for chemistry, and that's that. Not sure why anyone would think it is a good idea to inject that kind of BS into a team, but whatever. Won't happen, anyway.

Marrone said that he billieves in giving guys second chances. Richie is an !@#$, but we can be OUR !@#$! He is a hell of a guard (one of our biggest needs), i don't care how ****ty of a person he is, if he can contribute to our football that's all that matters. You want to have more primetime games, sign his dude give EJ some protection and win some !@#$ing games. I don't care about high character guys, I want mean !@#$ing dudes looking to tear some bitches heads off.

Wonder why they traded Martin if he had no reason to be involved in the whole thing. Either he was involved doing the same types of things RI was doing, or he was such a Bi-polar mess that he has no business being in an NFL locker room.

Or maybe he didn't want to be a part of an organization that he felt threw him under the bus.

That being said, RI might be an upgrade, and I'm sure his value has dropped enough for him to be considered a bargain.

There's only one sheltered person here...32 NFL GMs who won't go near this guy are sheltered too I suppose?

yup. Whatever

Or maybe he didn't want to be a part of an organization that he felt threw him under the bus.

That being said, RI might be an upgrade, and I'm sure his value has dropped enough for him to be considered a bargain.

could be. But your right. He's be an instant upgrade. And at the very least, a quality backup. Chances are, at a very cheap price.

First, the Bills don't need another guard. They signed Chris Williams to a $13.5 million contract with $5.5 million guaranteed. There's no doubt that he's starting at LG next to Glenn. On the other side, the team has been happy with the play of Kraig Urbik. In fact, he earned a $16.3 million contract extension that he signed in 2012. If RI could play and not be a doucebag, would he be an upgrade to either of these guys? Possibly, but the Bills are far from weak at that position.

Second, our team is just starting to build chemistry. The simple chance that he goes back to the behavior that was there before is enough to avoid him. Saying that a team should sign a player for just what they do on the field and ignore the off field activity is short sighted. I would actually argue that to believe that, you should probably be riding a short bus and wearing a helmet such that you don't accidentally damage what you have left up there. I've said it before about other guys like this. The NFL is a business and has no place for guys like this. There's a reason why the NFLPA and the owners mutually agreed to a conduct policy.

Third, whether RI is a racist or not is debatable, and quite frankly comes down to individual perspective. He made statements that could easily be interpreted as racist. Far too often, people that are bullies believe that they're "just having fun" or that they're somehow helping the other person "toughen up" with their actions.

Last, and most important, were there's smoke there is usually fire. The Dolphins organization very quickly divested themselves of both RI and Martin. This does not imply that what was going on was simply locker room banter. It also doesn't imply that the organization had the perspective that their contributions outweighed the issue at hand and the potential negative long term affect on the team.

I love how we go from "he is a posterboy for racist locker rooms"(as if that has any basis in reality, since, as if there has been such a thing as a racist NFL locker room since the late 50s/early 60s) to "alleged" to "perception is reality". When 80% of the locker room is African American, and has been for 30 years, how the F can it be racist, and how can anyone be a poster boy for one? This is flat out absurd. :wacko:

For the dim, let me explain that: We are going from making a terrible charge about someones character, to guilt by media sensationalism, to "it doesn't matter if I can't back up what I'm saying, because I already said it, because I'm parroting somebody else who said it, and can't back it up either, and thus, that's the perception". F that.

We do all of that like it's nothing? What. The. !@#$. When we are talking about racism, real racism, that's not a charge to throw around like it's nothing. That is because real racism is threat to all of us, as it makes this country unable to function as designed. When you throw "racism" around without proof, you desensitize people to real racism. We have fought many kinds of wars to destroy real racism, and the memory of those we have lost in that fight doesn't deserve to be trivialized by assclowns with an ulterior motive/seeking personal gain. It is dishonor.

This retarded crap my be OK elsewhere, but it is completely unaccpetable here. This board is known, because we have standards, and running your mouth, based on nothing other than "click-rate media" assclownery, is not up to standard. That is not what we do here.

Fix it. Check yourself. STFU. Pick one.

I don't want Incognito, because I think we can do better, because of his play on the field. I called out the Dolphins O line as completely inconsistent. Last year. In the preseason: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/160167-dolphinsjags-reportwith-fancy-pics-i-made-myself/ That's what we do here.

He was a good when the Bills picked him up the first time, but he will become his own circus if he signs here. Meaning, his signing will only bring attention of his past history and not his play. It's a bad PR signing in my eyes, when you can get a younger player who has less baggage and is hungry to play.

I don't care about bad PR anymore. Because you know what is good PR, the only PR that matters, is that we're getting TV coverage in January.

Wonder why they traded Martin if he had no reason to be involved in the whole thing. Either he was involved doing the same types of things RI was doing, or he was such a Bi-polar mess that he has no business being in an NFL locker room.

I personally don't think RI is talented enough for the headache to be worth it. WRT the bolded, this applies to both. A guy that checked himself into a psychiatric hospital after taking a bat to his own Ferrari doesn't strike me as stable. Let's also not forget that he had to settle out of court for molesting a woman with a golf club at a charity event. That's one mess we don't need.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I love how we go from "he is a posterboy for racist locker rooms"(as if that has any basis in reality, since, as if there has been such a thing as a racist NFL locker room since the late 50s/early 60s) to "alleged" to "perception is reality". When 80% of the locker room is African American, and has been for 30 years, how the F can it be racist, and how can anyone be a poster boy for one? This is flat out absurd. :wacko:

For the dim, let me explain that: We are going from making a terrible charge about someones character, to guilt by media sensationalism, to "it doesn't matter if I can't back up what I'm saying, because I already said it, because I'm parroting somebody else who said it, and can't back it up either, and thus, that's the perception". F that.

We do all of that like it's nothing? What. The. !@#$. When we are talking about racism, real racism, that's not a charge to throw around like it's nothing. That is because real racism is threat to all of us, as it makes this country unable to function as designed. When you throw "racism" around without proof, you desensitize people to real racism. We have fought many kinds of wars to destroy real racism, and the memory of those we have lost in that fight doesn't deserve to be trivialized by assclowns with an ulterior motive/seeking personal gain. It is dishonor.

This retarded crap my be OK elsewhere, but it is completely unaccpetable here. This board is known, because we have standards, and running your mouth, based on nothing other than "click-rate media" assclownery, is not up to standard. That is not what we do here.

I don't want Incognito, because I think we can do better, because of his play on the field. I called out the Dolphins O line as completely inconsistent. Last year. In the preseason: http://forums.twobil...-i-made-myself/ That's what we do here.

I am not sure if any of this rant was referring at all to my posts - it seems to - so in case it does let me clarify a couple of things. First, you clearly did not understand anything said. Second, "to the dim", it is not worth explaining to you. STFU yourself.

Nor weighing in on it with detail but I would welcome him back as a player as long as baggage is checked at the door.

We would be a good team for him but not sure he would be a good teammate for us.

Also I think he is probably black listed by the NFL behind closed doors.

I am not sure if any of this rant was referring at all to my posts - it seems to - so in case it does let me clarify a couple of things. First, you clearly did not understand anything said. Second, "to the dim", it is not worth explaining to you. STFU yourself.

Yeah, I directly quoted you, in order. I read and understood exactly what you said. Let me save you the trouble: I always read exactly what people say, and routinely bust stupidity, as I am doing here. Ask anyone here, I have a long history of doing so. Perhaps it is you who hasn't understood what you wrote? Read it again.

How about we start with you explaining exactly WTF a "poster boy for a racist locker room", in today's NFL, is? Explain how that isn't patently retarded.

I'll be here all afternoon. Take all the time you need.

I don't want Incognito, because I think we can do better, because of his play on the field. I called out the Dolphins O line as completely inconsistent. Last year. In the preseason: http://forums.twobil...-i-made-myself/ That's what we do here.

"This retarded crap may be acceptable elsewhere, but it is completely unacceptable here"

What should be unacceptable is using the phrase "retarded crap" when trying to refute another argument. It tells me all I know I need to know about the person making the argument. it is kind of ironic that the same person trying to justify Richie Incognito's behavior would decide that phrase is acceptable justification for his argument.