Post Free Agency Bills Mock Draft

I had high hopes that the Bills would pick up either Kenny Britt or Desean Jackson in FA or another Safety just to give them some more draft flexibility.

Rd. 1 Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M: I've been back and forth between him and Matthews. I don't believe Matthews will be there at 9, plus i believe there are a good amount of potential starting Right tackles later in the draft. Evans, however, would immediately come in and become a weapon for EJ for years to come. Reminds me of Vincent Jackson. Overall, he's a 6'4 230 lb freak who runs a 4.53 and can be a potent deep ball or red zone threat. If the Bills pass on him at 9, I believe they will regret it years down the road.

Rd. 2 Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE Washington: Another weapon for EJ that would immediately be an upgrade over Chandler, Moeaki, and Gragg. At 6'6 almost 270 Lbs. I have him as a slight edge over Troy Niklas. Both are intriguing weapons. Sefarian Jenkins is a first round talent who should drop to the second round due to a foot injury during the combine. He has a nice skill set along with some freakish athleticism. At that size, the Bills Should be able to implement a nice double tight package with him and Chandler. You can never give a young quarterback enough weapons.

Rd. 3 Juwan James RT Tennessee: A suprisingly athletic 6'6 311 lb offensive tackle who spent all 37 of his career games on the right side. He was the leader of the Tennessee O Line. A very tough run blocker and a pretty reliable pass blocker. Should come in on day 1 and beat out the pedestrian Pears. James in the third round would be a pick I love. He has the potential to solidify our O Line if Chris Williams pans out at Guard.

Rd. 4 Ahmad Dixon S Baylor: Dixon is a hard hitting physical safety. He stands at 6 feet tall 212 lbs. He's fast and physical and always seems to be around the ball. The Bills may be content with what they have at safety but I tend to believe they should take a guy like this and let him compete from day one. I like the physical safety's who aren't afraid to come up and stick somebody.

Rd. 5 Andrew Jackson ILB Western Kentucky: Jackson is 6'1 245. He has been one of my favorite potential draft prospects for the last couple of years. He has consistently led the Western Kentucky defense while performing well against the better competition like LSU and Alabama. He is a thumper middle linebacker who is not afraid to lay the wood on anyone. I believe he will be a steal in the draft. Jackson is some insurance in case Brandon Spikes doesn't pan out or sign a long term deal with the Bills after this year.

Rd. 6 Aaron Lynch DE University of South Florida: At this point in the draft, you are looking for the best talent available. Two years ago, I watched Aaron Lynch dominate opposing O Lines as a freshmen for Notre Dame. Unfortunately, after his dominant freshmen season, he returned to his hometown state of Florida to be with his pregnant girlfriend. At USF, Lynch underperformed. He only had 5 sacks. That being said, this kid is only scratching the surface of his potential and at this point in the draft, the Bills have nothing to lose, yet could be highly rewarded for this selection.

Rd. 7 Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma: Much like Round 6, in Round 7 you want to take the best talent available. Colvin may have to start the season on the PUP list due to a Torn ACL in the senior bowl. ACL injuries are so much less of a concern now a days with the brilliant doctors that are performing surgeries. Colvin is a talented Corner who would have likely gone in the second round if he had not injured his knee. He has nice man coverage ability, solid athleticism and fluid hips

The one UDFA I would like to bring in is TE Colt Lyerla from Oregon. We wouldn't be taking a risk with his off the field concerns as an UDFA and he could develop into another deadly weapon for EJ

GO BILLS!!!

I suspect it will be eiher Evans or Lewan in round one, given the fact that neither WR nor OT have been addressed in free agency. I'm partial to the OT choice, but the thought may be that if we can get Evans we might get a good OT in round two. I think the choice on round one will be based on our assessment of what will be available in round two for these positions. Round 3?....tight end.

Great post. Love to read well thought out and insightful posts. The Evans/Ebron/Tackle debate, like every early first round selection ever made, has a very strong likelihood of defining the Bills for a very long time. Also, damn the NFL for delaying the draft!

What's interesting, will be to pay attention to who the BILLS bring in for a Pre-Draft visit as I was just reading last night that in each of the last 4 years their 1st Round Draft picks have all made Pre-Draft visits...a nice little clue to see what they may be thinking... :ph34r:

I had high hopes that the Bills would pick up either Kenny Britt or Desean Jackson in FA or another Safety just to give them some more draft flexibility.

Rd. 1 Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M: I've been back and forth between him and Matthews. I don't believe Matthews will be there at 9, plus i believe there are a good amount of potential starting Right tackles later in the draft. Evans, however, would immediately come in and become a weapon for EJ for years to come. Reminds me of Vincent Jackson. Overall, he's a 6'4 230 lb freak who runs a 4.53 and can be a potent deep ball or red zone threat. If the Bills pass on him at 9, I believe they will regret it years down the road.

Rd. 2 Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE Washington: Another weapon for EJ that would immediately be an upgrade over Chandler, Moeaki, and Gragg. At 6'6 almost 270 Lbs. I have him as a slight edge over Troy Niklas. Both are intriguing weapons. Sefarian Jenkins is a first round talent who should drop to the second round due to a foot injury during the combine. He has a nice skill set along with some freakish athleticism. At that size, the Bills Should be able to implement a nice double tight package with him and Chandler. You can never give a young quarterback enough weapons.

Rd. 3 Juwan James RT Tennessee: A suprisingly athletic 6'6 311 lb offensive tackle who spent all 37 of his career games on the right side. He was the leader of the Tennessee O Line. A very tough run blocker and a pretty reliable pass blocker. Should come in on day 1 and beat out the pedestrian Pears. James in the third round would be a pick I love. He has the potential to solidify our O Line if Chris Williams pans out at Guard.

Rd. 4 Ahmad Dixon S Baylor: Dixon is a hard hitting physical safety. He stands at 6 feet tall 212 lbs. He's fast and physical and always seems to be around the ball. The Bills may be content with what they have at safety but I tend to believe they should take a guy like this and let him compete from day one. I like the physical safety's who aren't afraid to come up and stick somebody.

Rd. 5 Andrew Jackson ILB Western Kentucky: Jackson is 6'1 245. He has been one of my favorite potential draft prospects for the last couple of years. He has consistently led the Western Kentucky defense while performing well against the better competition like LSU and Alabama. He is a thumper middle linebacker who is not afraid to lay the wood on anyone. I believe he will be a steal in the draft. Jackson is some insurance in case Brandon Spikes doesn't pan out or sign a long term deal with the Bills after this year.

Rd. 6 Aaron Lynch DE University of South Florida: At this point in the draft, you are looking for the best talent available. Two years ago, I watched Aaron Lynch dominate opposing O Lines as a freshmen for Notre Dame. Unfortunately, after his dominant freshmen season, he returned to his hometown state of Florida to be with his pregnant girlfriend. At USF, Lynch underperformed. He only had 5 sacks. That being said, this kid is only scratching the surface of his potential and at this point in the draft, the Bills have nothing to lose, yet could be highly rewarded for this selection.

Rd. 7 Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma: Much like Round 6, in Round 7 you want to take the best talent available. Colvin may have to start the season on the PUP list due to a Torn ACL in the senior bowl. ACL injuries are so much less of a concern now a days with the brilliant doctors that are performing surgeries. Colvin is a talented Corner who would have likely gone in the second round if he had not injured his knee. He has nice man coverage ability, solid athleticism and fluid hips

The one UDFA I would like to bring in is TE Colt Lyerla from Oregon. We wouldn't be taking a risk with his off the field concerns as an UDFA and he could develop into another deadly weapon for EJ

GO BILLS!!!

Like it a lot. :thumbsup:

What's interesting, will be to pay attention to who the BILLS bring in for a Pre-Draft visit as I was just reading last night that in each of the last 4 years their 1st Round Draft picks have all made Pre-Draft visits...a nice little clue to see what they may be thinking... :ph34r:

definitely a good thing to keep an eye on. A second round prospect they brought in today is OLB Ryan Shazier from Ohio State. Could make a hell of a trip of LBs with spikes, kiko, and shazier

I like the draft as well and wouldn’t hate it that’s for sure, however if it were me, I like your 1st pick, and I can live with 2, Jenkins, but 3, and 4 although not terrible I would prefer Morgan Moses at 2 and Branden Thomas at 3. I see you have Colt Lyerla as UDFA and a lot of people do, but I would actually take him in the 4th instead of Jenkins in the 2nd. I have Jackson and Lynch in the exact same spot as you do. See my post yesterday : http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/166760-a-no-trade-mock/

All in all, good draft though.

Tim-

GO BILLS!!!

If you were to add Anthony Barr in the first and Aaron Murray in the third, I would give this draft a perfect "A".

1. OT Jake Matthews, We need to draft linemen, the Bills drafted two WR's last year.

2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, The Bills need depth and starters opposite Kiko.

3. DE Marcus Smith, Need someone to start opposite of Mario.

4. RB Lache Seastrunk Fred Jackson is getting old, the Bills already had a look at him.

5. OLB. Addrian Hubbard, OLB depth.

6. OG. Trai Turner Offensive line depth

7. BPA

1. OT Jake Matthews, We need to draft linemen, the Bills drafted two WR's last year.

2. OLB Kyle Van Noy, The Bills need depth and starters opposite Kiko.

3. DE Marcus Smith, Need someone to start opposite of Mario.

4. RB Lache Seastrunk Fred Jackson is getting old, the Bills already had a look at him.

5. OLB. Addrian Hubbard, OLB depth.

6. OG. Trai Turner Offensive line depth

7. BPA

I much more prefer this draft. Mathews at 9 would be a gift

well so far going by this, I hope everyone wants a DB from Ohio State at #9 again...lol...I think I just heard everyone throw up...so far these are the guys Buffalo have brought in for pre-draft looks :

TE, Troy Niklas, Notre dame - projected 2nd round

CB, Bradley Roby, Ohio State - projected 1st or 2nd round

OLB, Ryan Shazier, Ohio State - projected 1st or 2nd round...although most mocks have him going in the 1st

RB, Lache Seastrunk, Baylor - projected 3rd - 5th round

WR, Cody Latimer, Indiana - projected 5th - 6th round

so far CB or OLB would be the first round pick..although they still have 5 more they can bring in to look at i believe...I don't see any of these guys as the pick at #9 tho

well so far going by this, I hope everyone wants a DB from Ohio State at #9 again...lol...I think I just heard everyone throw up...so far these are the guys Buffalo have brought in for pre-draft looks :

OLB, Ryan Shazier, Ohio State - projected 1st or 2nd round...although most mocks have him going in the 1st

so far CB or OLB would be the first round pick..although they still have 5 more they can bring in to look at i believe...I don't see any of these guys as the pick at #9 tho

they brought in Ebron too I believe

I think that it is actually 30 pre draft visits

They have a total of 30 pre-draft visits allowed.

Mine:

1 - OL-Taylor Lewan - Sure, Evans and Ebron will both be tempting. However let's look at what the Bills tried (and failed) to do offensively last year. Running the football with authority will be a priority for this coaching staff, and what better way to start the draft than a plug and play lineman. I don't expect either Matthews or Robinson to fall this far, so thinking that Lewan could be the pick.

2 - TE-Troy Niklas - No question that they need a big physical presence either at WR or at TE. There's essentially 4 guys that fit his mold besides him that could be had in the second round. To boot, this team has drafted 2 WR's last year and another the year before. Don't see them making a switch.

3 - OLB-Christian Kirksey - I would have loved to see them take a higher rated candidate earlier, but think they will be between picks those first 2 rounds. They did sign Rivers and Spikes in free agency already, so they're the penciled in starters to boot.

Anything beyond the 3rd round is depth/project players. Don't really need to throw more names at the board. LOL.

so one would think if they have any interest in Lewan, then they'd bring him in, given his background. I'm sure they will bring in someone like Mathews, but Lewan would be a real tell.

I think that it is actually 30 pre draft visits

They have a total of 30 pre-draft visits allowed.

ahh ok..kool..whats the 10 limit on then..is it how many pro-days they can visit??

they brought in Ebron too I believe

hmmm...I'll have to look it up..but Billsdaily.com is keeping a running tab on the visits and they don't show it..wonder if they missed it...thx

edit: ok i looked it up and everything i found said he has a scheduled visit for sometime in April...so he hasn't visited yet but is scheduled.

Edited by Tsaikotic

GO BILLS!!!

I LOVE it !! It has a couple different players than I like, but, the positions and thought processes are dead on to my train of thought as well. The first and second round picks are also the identical players I want to select! We can surely get a starting RT in the 3 round. We can't get an Evans in the 3rd round. ASJ could and probably will be better than Ebron and should/could be there in the 2nd.

Go Bills!

We should draft a punter... Morman is getting old. 6th round.

We have drafted a kicker and punter the last two years.....let's just take a year off from it.

I like most of your picks except the lack of a G and I am not sure Jenkins is much of a blocker which would give us a pair of TE's that can't block. Williams is a long shot and after what we went through at LG last year, we definitely need a back up plan.

I like the original posters draft. I'm now officially "all in" on Evans.... to be honest I was high on him before the Combine when a lot of others jumped on the waggon. I watched a fair bit of A&M this year really to watch and make my own mind up on Johnny Manziel and week after week I thought "wow I like this Evans kid".

In my last couple of drafts on the fanspeak simulator ASJ has been sat there as 2nd or 3rd BPA come the time for my second pick and I've taken him. I think the Bills only take a tight end that high though if he is absolutely the #1 player on their board. I think they are probably going to go WR and OT in the first two rounds unless they go Evans in 1 and then there isn't an OT they are high on still there at #41. In that scenario I think a tight end or even a linebacker could be in play.

And as much as I'd love Juwan James to last until our pick in the third, I'm not sure he does. I think he goes bottom of the second.

But if we got those top 3 picks I'd be delighted. I'm less sure about the safety from Baylor... I'd prefer Tre Boston from North Carolina, I think he is a guy who similar to Byrd coming out of college is a CB/S hybrid and could be an equally ball hawking safety given time to develop.

"We can surely get a starting RT in the 3 round. We can't get an Evans in the 3rd round."

i think almost the same can be said at OT.

We can surely get a starting WR/TE in the 2nd round. We can't get a Mathews in the 2nd round.

I much prefer the draft above where we draft two OL rather than one. This team needs to become much more physical on the O side of the ball. OT at 9 and depth in 3 or 4.

I like the originator's mock draft as well. I don't see the OLB going so high as we moved back most likely to a 4-3, and we need now a DE. We'll see. but its fun to read.. I'm not one to do mock draft's as I don't have the depth of knowledge for later round picks from the college ranks. I appreciate you guys putting these together as I'm learning more on what talent is out there.

Given whaley's history, I trust him to find some jewels in the later rounds. Even though he is credited for only last year's draft, I'm sure he had his name on the previous year.

Excellent draft! I've been doing a bunch of mocks on the fanspeak site and I have it much the same as you. Where I differ just a bit on it are:

4th rd. I don't know too much about the safety from Baylor but what I would do here is take the best RB (Sankey, Seastrunk, Grice....)available. Maybe even reach a bit and take Dri Archer. The reason I would take Archer is that you're always looking for at match ups. With Evens & ASJ there will most likely be a match up problem with the defense because of there height. With Archer its his speed - he can fly! LB'ers just won't be able to stay with him if you can get the ball to him in space. Also - he can return kicks and punts. Not that we ever see KO returns anymore but he could be back there with Goodwin and that could be down right scary.

I love Andrew Jackson (Old Hickory!). Though I've seen him going in most mocks between the 5th round to not even getting drafted. But if you want to make sure you get this run thumper then no problems with taking him here.

With the last pick I'd go with Larry Webster out of small school Bloomsburg PA. He's 6' 6" 252lbs and ran a 4.58 40. He's a great athlete that played DE in college but his skill set may be better as a TE. As athletic as he is, he would be able to help out with the ST until he's ready to contribute or is washes out all together.

Just my 2 cents on your draft. Would love to see it!

After running fanspeak about twenty times ,this seems to be the most consistant group ive picked.

1st,,, j. matthews

2nd,,s. skov-

3rd,, k martin-

4th,, l seastrunk

5 ,,,c. latimer

6th jd duncan

7th c lyeria

now these are not my favorites i just used what was imo bpa in sims.

I think they are planning on drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and I really want that QB to be Aaron Murray. All I see when I watch him is Drew Brees. He controls the entire field. Can look off a safety. And he's deadly downfield. I know a lot of mocks have him going in the 4th or even 5th round. I would have no problem taking him in the 3rd. I believe he will end up being the best QB in this draft. I think EJ is good, but this kid is special. I don't ever want to have a "TJ Graham over Russell Wilson" talk again. In my opinion, picking Murray would right that wrong.

I much more prefer this draft. Mathews at 9 would be a gift

Don't see it. We Already have a Franchise LT. Unless Glenn get's hurt. That's the only good of Drafting Matthews 9th overall. We need Weapons. WR and TE and a S is what we need.

We should draft a punter... Morman is getting old. 6th round.

I hope that's sarcasm.

Mine:

1 - OL-Taylor Lewan - Sure, Evans and Ebron will both be tempting. However let's look at what the Bills tried (and failed) to do offensively last year. Running the football with authority will be a priority for this coaching staff, and what better way to start the draft than a plug and play lineman. I don't expect either Matthews or Robinson to fall this far, so thinking that Lewan could be the pick.

2 - TE-Troy Niklas - No question that they need a big physical presence either at WR or at TE. There's essentially 4 guys that fit his mold besides him that could be had in the second round. To boot, this team has drafted 2 WR's last year and another the year before. Don't see them making a switch.

3 - OLB-Christian Kirksey - I would have loved to see them take a higher rated candidate earlier, but think they will be between picks those first 2 rounds. They did sign Rivers and Spikes in free agency already, so they're the penciled in starters to boot.

Anything beyond the 3rd round is depth/project players. Don't really need to throw more names at the board. LOL.

Hope you're wrong. No WAY do I want any of these guys on the Bills.