Jim Kelly--Make JK your avatar

dib

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at that game, back when I was still a season ticket holder. I can tell you, the 1980-1982 seasons were pretty fantastic at Rich Stadium, but to this day, I swear, I have never been to a sporting event as loud as it was that day, when they introduced Kelly. My seats were right around the 50 yard line, but in the lower upper deck..it was shaking...only thing that was comperable was when the Bills broke the streak against the Dolphins on opening day of 1980. That whole game, that stadium was shaking, and there wasn't a doubt that the Bills were set at QB for the next 10 years. It has become so cliche now, but the guy really was just tough as nails, and you could see it from opening day. They only won 4 games that season, but they were in so many of them (coming off back to back 2-14 seasons), because of Jim. He was awesome....everything we hoped he would be... tough, a little cocky, fiery...man, I miss those years... some of my greatest sports memories of all.

I was there as well and my memory is the same as yours. The stadium atmosphere was unlike anything it had ever been before that day because of Jim Kelly. A game I will always remember vividly along with 51-3 and The Comeback.

Pardon if i took someones, its the only picture with both Kelly and Mr. Wilson that would work.

No 'pardon's' necessary. I thought mine was pretty cool and I hadn't seen it before. Post it up quickly and suddenly there's a whole page of 'MY' avatar.. Ha!

I want to show my support and love for my football team and its greatest quarterback.

That picture with him and his daughter on buffalobills .com is absolutely heart breaking. Man my stomach is in knots over Mr.Wilsons passing and Jim Kellys battle. I enjoy how all of the fans and posters are showing their support from the recent events. Im proud to be in the company of such a passionate, unwavering fanbase. Lets stick together and show our support to not only Jim's family but OUR team.

Thank you, Father, for sending Your Word to heal Jim and deliver him. Jesus, You are the Word who became flesh and dwelt among us. You bore our griefs (pains) and carried our sorrows (sickness). You were pierced through for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities, the chastening for our well-being fell upon You, and by your scourging He (Jim) is healed and his family is comforted and encouraged.