Should Buffalo draft 1 of the 3 QBs at #9 if they're there?

I would think not and I wouldn't want them too but should EJ just be handed the job or would competition to be the starter bring out the best in him? Me personally, I have no problem with Thad Lewis starting if EJ were to go down but drafting another 1st rd QB definitely sends a message. I'm just not sure if it would be counterproductive or be the greatest motivator. The psyche is a fragile thing and this would be walking a very thin line but I 'm curious what the potential pros and cons would be.

In any event having EJ, Lewis and either Manziel, Bortles or Bridgewater as our QB stable would not be hateful. Kick Tuel to the PS if need be and one of these players could be a lottery ticket down the road.

Speculating on this hypothetical scenario I would think that out of the 3 Bortles would be the least sensible for us based on what our apparent skill sets seem to be for what we are looking for in a QB. Manziel and Bridgewater are mobile QBs as in Lewis and Manuel. If we did go after something this then I would wonder if Spiller could be expendable as some other poster has questioned. My here's a lot of moving parts here and I'm quite confident that this will all never happen but it is the off season and hopefully this proposes some interesting possibilities .

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Every QB in this draft is just as much a project going forward as EJ is.

And EJ isn't being handed anything. All he is is #1 on the depth chart. It's his job to lose but if he doesn't outright win it, there's no place to hide. The pressure is all on him. It'll be interesting to see how he responds to the opportunity.

Just go BPA. And that's not one of the QBs, anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I am waiting for this board to melt down when Thad Lewis outplays EJ in camp and TAKES the starting job away from him.

#Justsaying it might happen, stranger things have happened before :nana: :rolleyes:

I would think not and I wouldn't want them too but should EJ just be handed the job or would competition to be the starter bring out the best in him? Me personally, I have no problem with Thad Lewis starting if EJ were to go down but drafting another 1st rd QB definitely sends a message. I'm just not sure if it would be counterproductive or be the greatest motivator. The psyche is a fragile thing and this would be walking a very thin line but I 'm curious what the potential pros and cons would be.

In any event having EJ, Lewis and either Manziel, Bortles or Bridgewater as our QB stable would not be hateful. Kick Tuel to the PS if need be and one of these players could be a lottery ticket down the road.

Speculating on this hypothetical scenario I would think that out of the 3 Bortles would be the least sensible for us based on what our apparent skill sets seem to be for what we are looking for in a QB. Manziel and Bridgewater are mobile QBs as in Lewis and Manuel. If we did go after something this then I would wonder if Spiller could be expendable as some other poster has questioned. My here's a lot of moving parts here and I'm quite confident that this will all never happen but it is the off season and hopefully this proposes some interesting possibilities .

If by some miracle Manziel drops to us we Better take him.

Anybody else no.

I think they would be better served to wait till the later rounds for a player like Garrapillo, Boyd, or McCarron to fall to us .

One of these guys are going to be there in the later rounds & if we can fill the O line pick in 1st or 2nd get a good WR & another LB i could see this being a great back up plan JUST INCASE..

You never know how things will go but if the so called experts are even close to being right we could have it all back wards .

If they would have kept Fitz one more year there would have been a lot less dead money going out cause of that great contact move & given what the again so called experts said about last years class of QB's .

Yet this years is suppose to be way above what last years was so if we don't take a QB late i think it could bite us once again & there might be the possibility of us looking back in a couple of years saying the same things we said about Losman & Edwards . With nothing to fall back on ...

Absolutely no way. I understand the wage scale for rookies makes it a little more understanding but it will never become common practice to take 2 in the 1st round in back to back years, its wasting the opportunity to add a potential impact making player at another skill position.

Having a franchise QB is no guarantee of a SB.

Yes making the playoffs would be AMAZING especially for a Bills fan. But the goal is the Super Bowl, this year the above average QB on a loaded team won, instead of Peyton Manning who could be the definition of franchise QB. Gotta build a team, especially if you want to build a dynasty and that should be the goal of the Bills.

Can't rule EJ out until he gets the talent around him to have no excuse, last year untimely injuries, a bad offensive line, sub-par WR's, erratic running game and questionable play calling are more then a good enough excuse. He has to improve and we should focus on helping that until he's proved he can't.

If the Bills believe in a QB and he's there they'd be silly not to take him no matter the round. I love how folks are calling all of them projects etc. How about we leave those decisions up to the FO. Why was a project ok last season but it's not now?