Should Buffalo draft 1 of the 3 QBs at #9 if they're there?

if the FO truly believes that EJ has a > 70% chance of becoming our franchise guy then i do not believe that they should draft a qb at 1. (football success is a probability, and i think ~70% is about the threshold that i'm comfortable with.) our FO got woods right, got kiko right, got FA 2013 right, got gilmore and glenn right, and im starting to trust them, so i'm willing to go along with their assessment of EJ.

that said, i really hate the idea of passing on bridgewater. i watch a fair amount of college football and i think this guy is a lot more of a sure thing than he's getting credit for in the media right now. i challenge you to find one game from the last two years that makes your nervous about drafting him. maybe it's because of the style of quarterbacks i've seen fail in a bills uniform, but i have more of an affinity for the guys who win by making the right decisions and are comfortable in a muddy pocket than i do for the guys drafted for their physical upside or arm talent. when you read criticisms of bridgewater what are the real reasons given for the authors doubt...

that he doesn't 'look like' a quarterback (too skinny)?

wilson and brady should have taught you better than that.

that he had a subpar pro-day?

funny how everyone says pro days don't mean sh*t until a prospect's pro-day performance fits their argument.

im starting to get the suspicion that bridgewater is being undersold for two reasons:

1) he's gotten 'boring' because he has been in the conversation for so long, and everyone's just overexcited by new, trendy prospects like bortles

2) 'pocket-passer racism' - that scouts are only comfortable with black quarterbacks when they're five star athletes who they can label as 'mobile'

and both of those reason are entirely illegitimate.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the FO truly believes that EJ has a > 70% chance of becoming our franchise guy then i do not believe that they should draft a qb at 1. (football success is a probability, and i think ~70% is about the threshold that i'm comfortable with.) our FO got woods right, got kiko right, got FA 2013 right, got gilmore and glenn right, and im starting to trust them, so i'm willing to go along with their assessment of EJ.

that said, i really hate the idea of passing on bridgewater. i watch a fair amount of college football and i think this guy is a lot more of a sure thing than he's getting credit for in the media right now. i challenge you to find one game from the last two years that makes your nervous about drafting him. maybe it's because of the style of quarterbacks i've seen fail in a bills uniform, but i have more of an affinity for the guys who win by making the right decisions and are comfortable in a muddy pocket than i do for the guys drafted for their physical upside or arm talent. when you read criticisms of bridgewater what are the real reasons given for the authors doubt...

that he doesn't 'look like' a quarterback (too skinny)?

wilson and brady should have taught you better than that.

that he had a subpar pro-day?

funny how everyone says pro days don't mean sh*t until a prospect's pro-day performance fits their argument.

im starting to get the suspicion that bridgewater is being undersold for two reasons:

1) he's gotten 'boring' because he has been in the conversation for so long, and everyone's just overexcited by new, trendy prospects like bortles

2) 'pocket-passer racism' - that scouts are only comfortable with black quarterbacks when they're five star athletes who they can label as 'mobile'

and both of those reason are entirely illegitimate.

People say pro-days are useless because having a good day means nothing. Having a bad day is rare when you're throwing in shorts to your college recievers.

The dust has settled in FA signings. The Bills were active and show yet another shift in Defense Philosophy. Lawson, FA signed last off season, is a man without a position in Schwartz's defense, The team is in good position to sit or trade back. I am in favor, like last season, in trading back to get more picks. This is a deep draft and I hope that they are not focusing on just one player or position. Ebron is a TBD favorite selection. I think the Offensive line is in more need of a talent up grade as is the need for a #1 WR. PASS on any discussions for QB. None of the top 3 is wowing the scouts and personnel guys. If they move back to say 15, pick up a 2nd or a 3rd and get an OT or WR, it will be a great start to the draft.

Rookie coach, OQ, & QB, that's a recipe for mediocrity. I'm interested in how they perform this season. There must be improvement.

I agree...It was definitely overwhelming for the OC, especially without a QB coach.

I am thinking the Bills have to be prepared for a scenario where all of the QB prospects drop out of the top 8 picks. At first this would appear to be a disaster. The possibilities of a trade up to number nine to get the pick of the litter for one of the more needy teams would be great. The worst thing that could happen to the Bills is that the BPA at 9 is a DB and no one wants a QB at 9 or higher. The QB fall could happen and indeed did happen last year.