Scott chandler re signs with Bills

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good signing. might kill the comp pick hopes (3 new FAs, lost byrd, only moats and carrington outstanding and if we end up 3 in 3 out losing both of those, its a 7th rounder wed be eligible for)

I'm not sure re-signing your own free agents counts against you in relation to comp picks.

see above, we had no backup plan or no way to address TE that was viable. TE in the draft is a crapshoot.

to go on a little more. We would have overpaid for a position we seemed amply solid at to continue with out Byrd, though I wanted him tagged and in a Bills jersey. Also, for the money that I would guess he signed for - hard to imagine it was too expensive.

So we can never draft a TE to compete for number 1 TE? Re-signing the guy who's greatness, by your own description, is best measured not against his contemporaries in the league, but comapred to the 9 horrible TEs this team had before him?

I think other teams are drafting TEs earlier than the 6th round, successfully...

Edited by Mr. WEO

I'm pleased. One less spot to worry about.

Chandler had a couple rough spots this season with a couple of bad drops and being tragically misused in the beginning of the season. (I thought I was going to break my TV whenever we sent him out into the flat for a 0-1 yard pickup)

He can't juke my trash can, but he has good hands and gets open in the middle of the field. Seriously, he's not a run-after-catch kind of guy, why flair him out into the flat for a 1 yard gain???? Thankfully they stopped throwing to him on that route.

But he's a competent Tight-End and better than what we've had in YEARS.

Good player, not great, generally a reliable safety valve, no threat to stretch the field. While we all wish the Bills had great TEs year in and year out, an upgrade to a great TE would cost a lot more than the Bills can pay. As usual, too many other holes to fill to look here early in the draft.

So we can never draft a TE to compete for number 1 TE? Re-signing the guy who's greatness, by your own description, is best measured not against his contemporaries in the league, but comapred to the 9 horrible TEs this team had before him?

I think other teams are drafting TEs earlier than the 6th round, successfully...

well, we aren't. Chandler should be a #2TE but until someone suplants him he is #1. We need to upgrade the position and Xchamdler was our best option

Scott Chandler is the personification of 6-10. I'm not impressed.

Perfectly said!! He's a guy that will never be better than average because of his physical limitations. They bring him in so that they can be below average at the position & then never upgrade because they have someone that even those defending him call him "competent" to play TE. It's a vicious cycle of mediocrity (or slightly below mediocrity). Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ehh...the way I see it, Chandler has good size, alright hands and is a decent blocker with slow feet and mediocre chemistry with EJ. If they essentially redo his last two year contract I'm alright with it,but I still would like to see a round 2 or 3 TE taken.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman