Scott chandler re signs with Bills

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, takes pressure off the TE situation if Gragg emerges.

Unless he "emerges" between now and the draft, I hope not..

Resigning Chandler was more important then resigning Byrd. I dare someone to disagree.

Yeah, because.......................(I'm stuck)

Resigning Chandler was more important then resigning Byrd. I dare someone to disagree.

Re signing a middle of the road TE more important than a pro bowl safety....someone is looking through their bitter bills fan glasses

Stable but we're a ways from the play-offs and even further from a Super Bowl. I noticed that the Rams are now in need of a back-up QB, we better make a move soon if we are looking to get one.

Disagree with you. Not a ways from the playoffs at all. Bills have a lot of talent. This FA period seems to be about depth and special teams, issues last year. Truth is Bills fate is directly tied to EJ taking a big step forward.

I want to see the numbers on the deal before I pass any judgement.

Sure, I can help you.

134, 1495. And 34, 340.

Oh, not the numbers you expected? Not anything you recognized? That's just a few stats. 134 catches for Chandler, 1,495 yards in 3 seasons as a Bill. In that same time we have 34 catches, 340 yards by 6 or 7 other TE's, if you count Dickerson.

So, yeah, he kind of matters when he is the only one that matters, eh?

And just to help you some more...Chandler played for us in 2010, but only 8 yards on one catch. 2010 and 2 seasons prior (3 total seasons), we had 9 TE's make 106 catches and 1,043 yards.

In 3 seasons Scott Chandler outperformed every other TE we had by a mile. In the three seasons before Chandler came to Buffalo our TE's accounted for over 400 yards less production, and 20+ catches less.

We had no viable options on this team for TE and we cannot and should not go in to the draft without shoring up a position as easy to address as TE, and even more so when we have Chandler as an option.

Edited by jboyst62

Unless he "emerges" between now and the draft, I hope not..

Yeah, because.......................(I'm stuck)

Re signing a middle of the road TE more important than a pro bowl safety....someone is looking through their bitter bills fan glasses

see above, we had no backup plan or no way to address TE that was viable. TE in the draft is a crapshoot.

to go on a little more. We would have overpaid for a position we seemed amply solid at to continue with out Byrd, though I wanted him tagged and in a Bills jersey. Also, for the money that I would guess he signed for - hard to imagine it was too expensive.

Edited by jboyst62

All you Eric Ebron fans can close the door on that idea. Looks like either WR or OT in the first round.

Good. if the Bills really want to draft a Tight End, they can get one in the later rounds. We have more dire needs.