Your favorite current Bills Player

Your current favorite Bills player  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite current Bills player and why?

So I was talking with a buddy the other day over who my current favorite Bills player is and I actually had a hard time answering him quickly.

Over the last few years my favorite player has arguably been Stevie, but his antics (and drops) during the same time span have kind of bothered me a bit as well. So then I kind of qualified my Stevie answer with saying how Freddy was right up there as well just b/c of his professionalism and his production when he does play. My buddy ( a Giants fan ) kind of laughed at my Freddy response saying that Freddy was old and irrelevant and rarely ever plays a full season.

Anyway, the convo kind of got me thinking about how I'm not crazy about any single player on the current roster. I can really see Kiko being my "favorite" player in a year or two, but time will tell.

Being curious as to how others feel, vote on your favorite player and share why; I'm curious to see who wins.

I own 2 jerseys:

SJ13

Kiko

Arguably those are my 2 favs. Fred has a special place in my heart. Aaron Williams is quickly rocketing up the board though.

Nice, I actually thought of writing Aaron Williams in for a sec. He's def. going up my rankings as well. After I did the poll and submitted the thread I realized I forgot to write in Gilmore on there. But then again, I suppose that says it all really.

Many may disagree, but worth mentioning in this thread is Nikell Robey. The way he plays with such intensity, despite his slight stature, I think he will quickly become a fan favorite in Buffalo.

I think he is going to be a very good player.

I agree that he looks like he may develop into a player, but favorite player? Lets just say our secondary is going to be awesome if he becomes our favorite player. :w00t:

Edited by bobobonators

Find it amusing that TJ Graham is listed... I don't hate the kid near as much as some here...but how many votes would you suspect him to get?

Ha ha...this

I voted for Freddie because I think that he embodies everything that you want in a football player. He's tough, productive, a leader and has earned everything.

I have to go with Kiko. The other day, a friend told me that he literally played every single defensive snap last year. That's freaking insane! I don't know any of even the great LB's of the last decade that don't take a play here or there off. Every snap and at a high level at that!

Fred Jackson is without a doubt my favorite Bills player. As a UDFA from a DIII school to work as hard as he has to become the player he has, the heart and soul of the team and leaves it all on the field. I hope that 1)he experiences the playoffs at least once as a Bill, 2)He retires as a Bill, and 3) when his playing days are over, he is still part of the organization in some capacity - coaching or otherwise.

Close behind is Aaron Williams. He is Fred's best friend/"little brother" and he is becoming the young leader of the defense. He too leaves it all on the field and seems to understand how important the Bills are to the city of Buffalo and fans everywhere. I think Fred mentoring him is going to allow him to be his successor as the heart of this team.

Since favorite doesn't always acquaint to best, I need two answers.

Favorite: Freddy. All heart. You need 53 of those guys.

Best: Mario. Plays his position as well as anyone in the league.

GO BILLS!!!

wow this list made me realize how many "stars" on this team I dont like....like overpaid lazy Williams who never gets his jersey dirty, crappy SJ who just plain sucks. Spiller whos about the dumbest guy on the team save mckelvin (who I actually like now) Dareus EJ and Tj are up and coming but far from my favorites...and who would ever pick a center as their favorite guy, ever? It leaves me with the obvious 1 fred 2 kyle 3 kiko and 4 woods...sad that 2 are only 1st year players...so no love fro kyle? hes easily out played dareus the last two years...how does he have more votes?

Edited by enlightener

wow this list made me realize how many "stars" on this team I dont like....like overpaid lazy Williams who never gets his jersey dirty, crappy SJ who just plain sucks. Spiller whos about the dumbest guy on the team save mckelvin (who I actually like now) Dareus EJ and Tj are up and coming but far from my favorites...and who would ever pick a center as their favorite guy, ever? It leaves me with the obvious 1 fred 2 kyle 3 kiko and 4 woods...sad that 2 are only 1st year players...so no love fro kyle? hes easily out played dareus the last two years...how does he have more votes?

And the award for the most ironic screen name goes to...

This poll is bias look. Look Dareus and McKelvin didn't even get a first initial let along their first names. The guy who wrote it obviously doesn't want you pick them.

Plus I don't have a favorite player. Too me that's for 12 year olds. I root for the team regardless as to who is on the team.

Much to my own surprise, I picked Leodis. Definitely not the best player, but he's my favorite at the moment. I just love the energy he plays with. Love his athletic ability. Love how he's kept plugging away through some very difficult times. He's very endearing. I don't see him as a team leader exactly, but I do think his attitude is infectious. And he sure played well last year.

Fred deserves all the votes he is getting. He is high on my list. And I agree with those who see some favorite potential emerging in Aaron Williams, Kiko, and even Nickell Roby. I'd add Godwin to that mix, depending on how he develops, and Woods as well. Thinking about this makes me realize that I really like this version of the team. They are easy to root for. (Of course, I said the same thing about Ryan Fitz and the no-names, so that doesn't necessarily translate into success on the field.)

I went with other just to be that guy. I really like what I have seen from Goodwin. Have only seen positives in his play so far and expect him to get better.

Obviously still think FJ is the man though.

Edited by The Wiz

So my first thought was Fred Jackson. Then I turned to Kyle Williams, whose on-field performance is most important to the team (and he delivers IMO). I didn't think Fred would need my support winning this poll, and was apparently right.

Quick, someone start a "Your Second Favorite Current Bills Player" poll. . . ! :thumbsup: