Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

Agreed...

I think Cleveland is one of the very few teams that...if everything was equal...Byrd would choose Buffalo over...

Just my opinion...But I'm thinking if Cleveland really wants Byrd they are going to have to go ridiculously high on the offer...

When Mario signed here the Bills looked like 78 Steelers as an organization compared to how Cleveland looks now...It matters not what kind of spin Cleveland puts on things, it's going to be a leap and a half for any high-end UFA to put their trust in that organization as it is now...Next year maybe...But right now that thing looks like a train wreck caused by a plane crash when the plane was thrown out of the air by a tornado... B-)

You make a good point.

Well put.

CBF

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure spending $10M on a safety was gonna make the team winners either....On the plus side, we do have a bunch of cap space and they are not afraid to spend it. Not necessarily on the right talent, but they still spend. In any event, I would spend that money shoring up the run defense...

When they become a winning team it won't be a problem keeping talent......i know, i know.....it's been 14 years but spending $10M on a safety is ludicrous...

Chicken / egg scenario my friend. How long have we been saying this? And I am not saying that Byrd = Earl Thomas, but somebody will probably drop that kind of coin on Thomas. It has to do with what the market will bear when a player hits FA.

Also, there was plenty of cap space last year, plus there would be more this season but for the Fitz dead cap hit being spread over two seasons. I am not holding my breath that the Bills will fully utilize it so much as creatively account to hit the minimum.

Byrd told a whopper. It is not about the money. GEEZ. Even the ESPN host did not buy it. He went over his team wish list. Clueless kid does not realize the huge contract he wants will not fit most teams cap, specially the good teams.

Byrd told a whopper. It is not about the money. GEEZ. Even the ESPN host did not buy it. He went over his team wish list. Clueless kid does not realize the huge contract he wants will not fit most teams cap, specially the good teams.

What teams were on his wish list?

GO BILLS!!!

For all of the people who say "No safety is worth $10M/year", do you believe that:

A) No NFL franchise will actually pay Byrd $10M/year, so the Bills would be suckers to do so; OR

B) Another NFL franchise will actually pay Byrd $10M/year, and that franchise has a less effective front office than the Buffalo Bills, and that franchise will fare worse long-term than Buffalo?

I'm curious if people will state their positions now. Obviously if you believe Byrd IS worth $10M/year, there is no need to take a position on this question.

Tell me this: if you're a free agent LB looking at teams, do you pick the team that held onto Jairus Byrd as your last line of defense, or the team that let him walk away for nothing?

I look at the team that will give me the most money AND the best chance to win something. Unfortunately, b-lo offers neither (the large majority of the time.)

Money talks man.

Do you really believe that Mario Williams signed with us because he believes we are a team "heading in the right direction"?

CBF

With Mario though, i think hes a different kind of guy. He dont seem to like the lime light or all the attention. He seems really reserved and loves the country setting over big city life. I really do think Mario likes Buffalo for the peace and quite of country living and nice hunting and fishing! I dont think it was all about money....i mean it did to a certain point, but in the end hes a low key guy!

What a jerk this Byrd guy seems to be...

Stephon Gilmore@BumpNrunGilm0re 8m

Best person I know not even football related @jairusbyrd been cool since I met him. #respect

Just hard to process right now! Really looked like we were turning the corner, then this....

At first i hated him, but ive processed the info, i cant blame him.....id do the same thing for,my family!

For all of the people who say "No safety is worth $10M/year", do you believe that:

A) No NFL franchise will actually pay Byrd $10M/year, so the Bills would be suckers to do so; OR

B) Another NFL franchise will actually pay Byrd $10M/year, and that franchise has a less effective front office than the Buffalo Bills, and that franchise will fare worse long-term than Buffalo?

I'm curious if people will state their positions now. Obviously if you believe Byrd IS worth $10M/year, there is no need to take a position on this question.

Ill state my position now and forever henceforth: the right move was tagging Byrd.

Eagles paid peters plenty. They made the playoffs. We havent.

SF paid clements CRAPLOADS, it didnt work out for him over there, but look where the niners are now and where are we?

SF paid whitner, again where are we?

Someone will pay Byrd and you can book it that byrd sees playoffs before the Bills ever do.

We always have "more pressing" needs and thats how we justify letting go of players.

The most pressing need we have is a FO that is competent. We havent had one in decades.

Edited by bobobonators

Agreed...

I think Cleveland is one of the very few teams that...if everything was equal...Byrd would choose Buffalo over...

Just my opinion...But I'm thinking if Cleveland really wants Byrd they are going to have to go ridiculously high on the offer...

The above is quite the poignant post KOK.

Badol has pointed out many times that the team who signs a ufa isn't helped as much as the team that loses him is hurt. There are countless examples, but a strong one is Tampa Bay giving Revis 16 million dollars per year. 16 MILLION DOLLARS!!! Last time I looked their coach and GM were fired.

The Browns have a ton of cap space, almost twice as much as the Bills, no? Byrd is not going to make them a winning team, despite the fact that their division isn't all that. That said, I can see an organization that is just that dumb breaking the bank for Byrd. If a strong team offers him the big bucks I will be pretty surprised.

I have a feeling this is going to work out in the bills favor. Whether its Byrd being too expensive, the foot issues, or freeing up cap space, my sense is that overall we will end up better off without him in the long run.

Hopefully. You think something would work in our favor eventually