Jairus Byrd [was Jarius Byrd]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My take is they dont give a rats patard.

Bills have done amazing PR work here. I am duly impressed.

I would guess the Bills know exactly what they are doing. It has not worked out because Bills couldn't keep him for what they valued him at, or a pinch more .

He wants to see the world . we let him. all is good with the world.

Coming back ? i will do hand stand pushups till i pass out if he does. probably about two and a half . My kids can video it .

But i will do it because there No way in heck he's coming back. Its all about the perception at this point .

ps i think he will get paid well too. we just gave him a going away present to drive his value up. With that what i thought sounded like a darned good offer. Especially for Buffalo Bills !

See...Now I really want him to come back...This I've got to see!!! :lol:

Any reason? If he liked pettines system you have to think he'd like Rex's

just a feeling. Just seeing how he behaves and how the Jets behave. Doesn't seem like a fit.

I know it sounds silly but Byrd is likely to go to someone we won't expect. Detroit? Chicago? Arizona? Or maybe even Cleveland or Phili like everyone expects, but I don't hold much of a belief it will be either of those.

just a feeling. Just seeing how he behaves and how the Jets behave. Doesn't seem like a fit.

I know it sounds silly but Byrd is likely to go to someone we won't expect. Detroit? Chicago? Arizona? Or maybe even Cleveland or Phili like everyone expects, but I don't hold much of a belief it will be either of those.

I suppose we might be surprised who has been in his ear. I agree

See...Now I really want him to come back...This I've got to see!!! :lol:

You aren't the only one :D

I suppose we might be surprised who has been in his ear. I agree

You aren't the only one :D

again I am an oddball here thinking the Bills are still in it.

I say its between Chicago, Phili, Buffalo, and x.

X= Cleveland, Detroit, NYJ, ?

this is what ive been saying all along. Dont count the Bills out. We offered him good money and will probably up the cash at FA.

I dont think he should be on the Bills any longer at his wish salary.

we paid Williams to be the FS already.

What 12 million a year for two starting safeties ?

i dont think so !

Edited by 3rdand12

try 12 million for byrd alone plus 6 for williams

i have trouble counting past ten. Thanks John !

But i knew Williams # and expected Byrd to be at ten for the next few years guaranteed .

That equals = alot for two safeties . I just cant see that making sense.

i have trouble counting past ten. Thanks John !

But i knew Williams # and expected Byrd to be at ten for the next few years guaranteed .

That equals = alot for two safeties . I just cant see that making sense.

Considering our CB situation is solid and cheap for at least the next 2 years with McKelvin, Gilmore, and Robey, Bills wouldn't be blowing budget on secondary if Byrd signed in the $10m per year range.

Considering our CB situation is solid and cheap for at least the next 2 years with McKelvin, Gilmore, and Robey, Bills wouldn't be blowing budget on secondary if Byrd signed in the $10m per year range.

You may be correct . But i am only guessing that Bills need to consider some hefty contracts next year ..

If they can bring Byrd back i am fine if he has left for good i am over it and wish him well.

@Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16s

The #Rams were among the teams that inquired today on #Bills S Jairus Byrd, per source. That was a bit unexpected and interesting.

Current situation aside- he'd be the Darren sharper turnover machine for Gregg Williams defense. Pressure is nice but without the guy scooping up turnovers on the back end it only gets you so far.

The #Rams were among the teams that inquired today on #Bills S Jairus Byrd, per source. That was a bit unexpected and interesting.

Not tagging Byrd and trading him was a colossal blunder on the part of Whaley. If St. Louis really wants Byrd, they have plenty of good picks for a trade. Stupid Whaley! Byrd and his agent will be getting a good laugh at his expense.

Not tagging Byrd and trading him was a colossal blunder on the part of Whaley. If St. Louis really wants Byrd, they have plenty of good picks for a trade. Stupid Whaley! Byrd and his agent will be getting a good laugh at his expense.

There was talk on here of using Byrd and 9 to move to #2. It seems like that would have been the play if this is indeed true. The Bills could have leveraged Byrd to secure Watkins.

I'd throw Saint Louis into that mix as well.

Edit: I posted this before reading this post.

Edited by Mark Vader

There was talk on here of using Byrd and 9 to move to #2. It seems like that would have been the play if this is indeed true. The Bills could have leveraged Byrd to secure Watkins.

They still would have had to give up more to move up to #2.....

I'd throw Saint Louis into that mix as well.

maybe that is the X team. I guess they'd be the unknown dark horse no one expected.

Seeing what has happened since this happened it is settling nicely to be a "Meh" issue. If he goes to St Louis, Phili or even the Jets and signs a big deal I will be happy for him.