Patriots will be in the Super Bowl...

Dr. K

...to my near infinite disgust. I do not trust the Broncos to beat the Chargers. The Pats will beat the Colts, who do not have another miracle game in them.

So the Pats get the AFC championship game at home against San Diego, the last team to qualify for the playoffs, possessors of one of the worst defenses in the league. I'd like to think the Chargers could beat them, but that's a pipe dream. Everything is falling right for the Patsies, as usual.

...to my near infinite disgust. I do not trust the Broncos to beat the Chargers. The Pats will beat the Colts, who do not have another miracle game in them.

So the Pats get the AFC championship game at home against San Diego, the last team to qualify for the playoffs, possessors of one of the worst defenses in the league. I'd like to think the Chargers could beat them, but that's a pipe dream. Everything is falling right for the Patsies, as usual.

I think you are right, however I think the 49rs will beat them. They have the defense to do it, and the offense to hurt them bad.

Get out.....

CBF

I am tired of seeing the pats run deep in the playoffs. They are beatable, it just takes a great front 4 or 7 and a running game. Chargers are probably the closest to the mold on the afc side.

I agree.

Im not sure if they are better than any of the 6 NFC playoff teams, and possibly Arizona.

The AFC is so completely weak, the likes of which we havent seen since the 80s and 90s.

I am tired of seeing the pats run deep in the playoffs. They are beatable, it just takes a great front 4 or 7 and a running game. Chargers are probably the closest to the mold on the afc side.

Wait, isn't that Buffalo?

The Broncs should beat the pats--they have far more talent at skill positions. But Manning's I believe holds the record for playoff "one and dones" so hsitory suggests he can't get his team to a NE game. If he did, his record agaisnt Brady is bad too.

Even so, I think Broncos are in the SB, likely against Seattle.

The Pats* will definitely win and go to the Super Bowl... it's a stone cold lead pipe lock. I have no doubts.

There, now I've done my service for TSW. :)

In the realm I selfless acts, I submit this gem:

I use to bet against NE in playoff pools back in the early 2000's; we all know how that worked out.

I reversed course and started putting $$ on them as my Superbowl winner every year starting in 2007--no Superbowl wins since.

This year, I put a fair amount on them again.

I really don't think so. New England is terrible. They can beat bad teams and mediocre teams, but will get stomped by Denver in Denver. If by some miracle they make it to the Super Bowl, look at the bright side…it's another Super Bowl loss on the Patriots and Brady's resume.

Sure, Indy is a flawed team on defense and the skill positions w/ a great QB. That's a stark contrast to NE how exactly? I guess NE has a better OL but otherwise they're almost mirror images. If they lose Saturday it will be less of an upset than the Jets/Ravens chokejobs imo.

Regrettably I agree with the OP. I thought pre-season that the Patriots would look ropey at times in the season yet end up in the Superbowl and I still think that's a strong possibility. I'd feel better (or maybe I should say worse?) about that if they had Wilfork and other beaten up pieces of their defense available, but I just don't trust the Broncos and Manning in the post-season. I think the Chargers whose D has really come on down the stretch have the look of one of those "on a run" teams about them... they could well go into Denver and win for the second time this season at the weekend... then could even go the Superbowl themselves.... but ultimately if I had to pick a QB-Head Coach combo in the AFC that I could trust to find a way it would be Brady and Belichick.

However, I won't tell you who I had to be in the Superbowl from the NFC as it might erode my credibility somewhat.... haha.

New England, Seattle, San Francisco....three teams I would hate to see win a Super Bowl.

New England for obvious reasons....Seattle and San Francisco because I can't stand either of their coaches, primarily. Hurts me to see Anquan Boldin playing for that D-bag, Harbaugh.

I can deal with any of the other teams winning, pulling for Carolina most.

Edited by Buftex