Patriots will be in the Super Bowl...

Dr. K

Regrettably I agree with the OP. I thought pre-season that the Patriots would look ropey at times in the season yet end up in the Superbowl and I still think that's a strong possibility. I'd feel better (or maybe I should say worse?) about that if they had Wilfork and other beaten up pieces of their defense available, but I just don't trust the Broncos and Manning in the post-season. I think the Chargers whose D has really come on down the stretch have the look of one of those "on a run" teams about them... they could well go into Denver and win for the second time this season at the weekend... then could even go the Superbowl themselves.... but ultimately if I had to pick a QB-Head Coach combo in the AFC that I could trust to find a way it would be Brady and Belichick.

However, I won't tell you who I had to be in the Superbowl from the NFC as it might erode my credibility somewhat.... haha.

I understand the fear of the Patriots, and you could very well be right. The only thing a little different this year, besides the Pats really having to cut and paste victories from week to week depending on who is hurt, when the Pats have faltered, it has been because Brady has faltered. Maybe age is catching up to the old girl, but he has made some very "un-Bradyesque" blunders this year. Could be age, or the inexperience of the guys around him, but I do think they now have to contend with beating themselves, more so than at any other time during this 12 year rein of terror.

Edited by Buftex

New England, Seattle, San Francisco....three teams I would hate to see win a Super Bowl.

New England for obvious reasons....Seattle and San Francisco because I can't stand either of their coaches, primarily. Hurts me to see Anquan Boldin playing for that D-bag, Harbaugh.

I can deal with any of the other teams winning, pulling for Carolina most.

100% agree...feels like I wrote this ^ myself