Poster you miss the most on tbd

major

Seems like this thread is a perfect launching pad for all of us to tone down the vitriol that has permeated the site over the last few years. We're all Bills fans fans, each entitled to our own opinion, and healthy discourse is the lifeblood of a robust and active fanbase. To that end, I'm removing my signature that called out another poster and embarking on a campaign of presenting my own opinion while respecting differing opinions with both ears (and mind) open. Go Bills!

Wow... It just took you 14 years to figure that out! ;-)

I am just busting your balls... Just kidding. I never could figure out why people get called out in sigs. On mobile devices now, the sigs aren't even there.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but you're increasingly in the minority. Younger fans by in large don't use this format for this purpose. When you're not growing you're dying.

By in large maybe, but other than face to face with my family, personally I haven't found as good a way to discuss the Bills anywhere as TBD. Have to chalk it up to difference of opinion I believe as to me Twitter could never compare with a community like this. Your mileage may vary

Edited by J-Gun Boone

Yes, but you're increasingly in the minority. Younger fans by in large don't use this format for this purpose. When you're not growing you're dying.

Like the previous poster said above, to an extent.

Think of TBD like a book or radio and Twitter and Facebook the movie/TV. Do you still read books & listen to radio? Find them better than the movie? Of course!

You can't grow forever... There is always a threshold. It just isn't true that not growing means dying... Books and radio will never die.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I agree wholeheartedly regarding your thoughts on the Shoutbox. It is, as you say, "dominated" by a small group of posters who have no football insights and instead use it to carry on inane conversations between themselves. Occasionally, it is a rapid-fire, valuable tool for discussing the Bills and football, but most of the time it is nonsensical or personal musings from about four or five users who have nothing to add to the discussion re: football.

If the shoutbox is only for Football insight then might as well shut the boards. Seriously, what insight does anyone really have. BIlls play BAD Football for 4 months of the year. What kind of SO CALLED INSIGHT does one bring during the offseason? People have to lighten up on here!

I agree wholeheartedly regarding your thoughts on the Shoutbox. It is, as you say, "dominated" by a small group of posters who have no football insights and instead use it to carry on inane conversations between themselves. Occasionally, it is a rapid-fire, valuable tool for discussing the Bills and football, but most of the time it is nonsensical or personal musings from about four or five users who have nothing to add to the discussion re: football.

Everyone who uses the Shoutbox has football insights.

Most of those who "dominate" it also realize that there is only so much to be said about the Bills and that it's well-covered within the threads.

Myself not included, I will opine that many of the frequent Shoutbox users have an incredible amount of football/Bills knowledge and insight.

I will also point out that the same group does not take themselves - nor do they take the Bills or football - too seriously.

That's admirable.

Lighten up, Francis.

I have to say, I haven't been very active on the Stadium Wall this season. Frankly, after a decade-plus of mediocre to downright horrible football, my passion has faded. It wouldn't take much to reignite the spark. Remember the 4-0 start in 2008 and the 3-0 start in 2011? Even an occasional 3 game winning streak during the heart of the season would be worth some enthusiasm. But it's been years since we've had an elite QB or a team well-rounded enough to get to the playoffs or even finish strong. So forgive me if I haven't felt like discussing our QB woes or Stevie's behaviour for the umpteenth time..

Go Bills..

No one mentioned TimGraham? I liked the Ask Tim Graham threads until it became the epic meltdown that caused him and Lori to leave..... I still think it is a bit silly that they left because of that though

Absolutely. I agree. I wrote a long-winded response to Tim's exit and some people were supportive while others merely tattered the post because they were of the opinion that due to Tim being a published writer he should be subjected to personal attacks. When, what was lost on those individuals was that when Tim was here posting, it was his "personal" time. Yes, he has / had a column and at the time was employed by ESPN so some would say he would come on here to try and get his "numbers up" in regards to those viewing or reading his content...to which many of us said - bullsh*t because he didn't need this board to do that. More importantly, it was pretty obvious he came here to post as just the average guy with above average information and insight. So try to be bullied for simply sharing in the cause was ridiculous....I'm with ya. I already said enough in previous posts, but I'm glad someone else brought up Tim Graham.

This has to be one of the frienliest threads I've read in a while.

I must have been on one of my hiatuses when Lori left but have noticed she was missing. She was a great poster and a really sweet person.

Reading this thread has brought me down memory lane along with Lori a few others:

CableLady

common man ICE

Bob Lamb

The Dean

Nodnarb

R. rich

joesixpack

Nervous Guy

#89 good to hear from.

Thanks for the memories. I feel this board saved my sanity and my life - many years ago. I use to sit at the computer and laugh until I cried and my husband thought I was nuts. Sorry to say I just don't laugh anymore. Not everything in this world is gloom and doom. The Bills can have a winning season if they get it in their heads WIN and stop making all those metal errors. Depression has made me a hermit except for working and my store. The Bills are not like I had it in the past. Friends to many who still contact me on facebook. The annual Tasker Christmas cards makes my year. I have not gone to training camp or a game in at least 3 years. Sucks to get old. Hang in there. Better days are coming. I still pop in once a month.

You are nuts. You're just our kind of nuts.

You ever find your lost uncle? Was he under the couch like I said?

Absolutely. I agree. I wrote a long-winded response to Tim's exit and some people were supportive while others merely tattered the post because they were of the opinion that due to Tim being a published writer he should be subjected to personal attacks. When, what was lost on those individuals was that when Tim was here posting, it was his "personal" time. Yes, he has / had a column and at the time was employed by ESPN so some would say he would come on here to try and get his "numbers up" in regards to those viewing or reading his content...to which many of us said - bullsh*t because he didn't need this board to do that. More importantly, it was pretty obvious he came here to post as just the average guy with above average information and insight. So try to be bullied for simply sharing in the cause was ridiculous....I'm with ya. I already said enough in previous posts, but I'm glad someone else brought up Tim Graham.

Personal attacks aren't allowed by anyone against anyone.

I agree with this. I remember when Tim Graham and Lori used to post. For some reason, people like to attack the people with inside information. I'm surprised Wawrow still posts occasionally. He gets abused every time. It ain't right. These people have to walk a tightrope between asking tough questions and ticking people off, or keeping information private until it is the proper time to divulge it. Yet for some reason, they would get abused on this forum for not being more open, or asking tougher questions, or otherwise behaving in ways that would be professional suicide.

I agree with this. I remember when Tim Graham and Lori used to post. For some reason, people like to attack the people with inside information. I'm surprised Wawrow still posts occasionally. He gets abused every time. It ain't right. These people have to walk a tightrope between asking tough questions and ticking people off, or keeping information private until it is the proper time to divulge it. Yet for some reason, they would get abused on this forum for not being more open, or asking tougher questions, or otherwise behaving in ways that would be professional suicide.

I hear what you are saying. I like when Warrow posts, he gives pretty good insight. Tim Graham on the other hand I don't know. It seemed like he had really thin skin & the littlest things would bother him. There was one poster I know that would continuosly call him out & give him a tough time(can't remember his name) but if I was graham i would of just put him on ignore. My guess is due to his friendship with Lori, the moderators treated him with kid gloves too. I got suspended for a year with no warning for calling Graham out for taking a cheap shot at Ralph Wilson. My words could of been chosen better & I should of been reprimanded for that but come on a year with no warning? I guaranty if it was any other poster I said that to after them taking a shot at Wilson I would not even of gotten a suspension.

Personal attacks aren't allowed by anyone against anyone.

Awesome...I'm glad. Because football and all its glory and disappointment is PART of the joy of things like family, friends, and holidays. And when it turns ugly or rude or just mean, it belittles the simplicity in the joy of loving the game and our hometown team (even though I live in CNY, you get the point). And I truly do appreciate the Mods doing their best to sift through the garbage and make this an enjoyable place to be. But, I'm not entirely wrong about what this board was just a few years ago around the time that Lori and Tim left.

That's right, BigBuff. You moron.

Nice... :thumbsup:

Edited by BigBuff423

Lori, ICE, Nodnarb, Nervous Guy. Neeraj, George Melino and The Kid from the D&C days.

WOW, Holy crap you bring up old memories

Don't for get WEO was part of that crowd.

now I'm curious who you are.

There also used to be a JohnC over there who may or may not be the JohnC from over here.

I used to keep a file of the guys I knew there, but when Orbital laid me off 1 year ago they locked my PC and I lost the file.

Lori, ICE, Nodnarb, Nervous Guy. Neeraj, George Melino and The Kid from the D&C days.

WOW, Holy crap you bring up old memories

Don't for get WEO was part of that crowd.

now I'm curious who you are.

There also used to be a JohnC over there who may or may not be the JohnC from over here.

I used to keep a file of the guys I knew there, but when Orbital laid me off 1 year ago they locked my PC and I lost the file.

I was 'Dom Iannello' on the D&C back in the day.

ICE (Brian) is still kicking. He's in R.Rich's fantasy football league with me.

A lot of the people listed throughout this thread (like R.Rich) still post, just maybe not as frequently. I find myself lurking far more than posting these days, especially during the season. The tone of the board has changed a lot and not for the better, IMHO. Yes, the Bills have sucked for almost a decade and a half but that's no excuse for some posters to treat fellow posters like garbage. If the team gives you that much angst, why subject yourself to the grief? Find a more enjoyable hobby. The constant bitching & moaning and personal attacks are really a put off. Anyhoo...didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to your regularly scheduled reminiscing.

Several people listed Hogboy. Wasn't he also various incarnations of "Lenny"? Lenny in Sloan comes to mind. There were some really funny posters here back in the day...

We still have Beerball and we still all laugh at him. Does that count?