Poster you miss the most on tbd

major

Fans (personal friends) have left because they simply don't care about the Bills that much anymore. The false hope doesn't play well universally and they have other things to do that they enjoy.

Gotta disagree.

I suspect all the missing posters listed above still love the Bills and always will, through thick and thin. But other than coming here to catch the latest breaking news...the only value TSW still serves, IMO...why would thoughtful, reasonable folks like Lori et al want to hang out in a place filled with quick twitch bomb throwers and 'selfie' posters?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta disagree.

I suspect all the missing posters listed above still love the Bills and always will, through thick and thin. But other than coming here to catch the latest breaking news...the only value TSW still serves, IMO...why would thoughtful, reasonable folks like Lori et al want to hang out in a place filled with quick twitch bomb throwers and 'selfie' posters?

Never claimed to know every single posters reason for leaving. Lori left because she didn't enjoy the personal attacks on people she considered friends, if I recall. I'm not sure how you can "disagree" with my post though, since you don't know me nor who my friends are and have zero knowledge of our personal communications. And the fact that the Bills have given so little to cheer about for 14 years running is not a positive thing, drives negative perceptions and feelings, and does cause people to lose interest. Sorry, that's reality in some cases and has even been the topic of several threads in this forum.

Gotta disagree.

a lot of people still lurk

Another issue I am glad is gone is the self promoters. The ones that would get you to click on their blogs, links and sites. There were 3 or 4 that were horrible. Most just recycled Wawrow stories. Still they were better then Rodrak

Scopes ran himself off the board and it had little to do with his opinion. It had everything with the way he expressed his opinion. He fancied himself to be the smartest man in the room and was quickly disabused of that notion. Subsequently, he went into full meltdown mode which consisted of posting his work phone number, challenging all comers to call him, talking about his AK and pit bulls, taking bong rips in the supply closet of the dealership he "owns" and then taking his crusade to every other open thread.

Whoa - missed all that! Yikes.

I'm not sure how you can "disagree" with my post though, since you don't know me nor who my friends are and have zero knowledge of our personal communications.

I'm sorry, I guess when I read "Fans have left..." that you were talking in terms of broad generalizations, rather than personal relationships.

Carry on...

I'm sorry, I guess when I read "Fans have left..." that you were talking in terms of broad generalizations, rather than personal relationships.

Carry on...

I was generalizing from my own personal knowledge -- but to a limited degree. It seems rather obvious that no one can know all Bills fans minds and summarize them in a sentence. :)

Still, I seriously do believe that the Bills flat-out-sucking has a lot more to do with many people waving good-bye than the fact that some people express negative opinions about a negative situation which has yielded negative results for almost a decade and a half. I don't believe that the cause-and-effect relationship that some apparently subscribe to is in any way sound: there is no logical reason I can see to think that criticism of failure causes the failure to happen.

Lori is one that comes to mind immeidately. And I think in part due to the way in which she left. She was clear about her concerns, stern but overall respectful of the fact that she did not like the direction of the board or the personal attacks (if I remember correctly). Some people pleaded with her to stay, others nonchalantly waived her off, and some were glad to see her go. But those who were good-hearted fans and those who appreciate healthy discourse and discussion knew that such a Poster leaving this board would demote the general environment of discussion. All too often people are ridiculed with snarky remarks and juvenile statements regarding someone's manhood or level of fan loyalty. When this is a place to discuss....we can disagree, we can rage with our statistics and analytical insinght, we can laugh at ourselves and the team when stupidity reigns supreme...but in the end, we are people. With lives...jobs...families....bigger stresses, gains, losess, griefs, and triumphs than the BILLS will ever bring to our reality. So we come here...to be in a community of fellow sufferers...to commiserate, to rejoice, to be disappointed, to get excited about new things, to relive the last week's win / loss...but, instead, we find ways to be divided instead of united. We've become a mirror image of what this BILLS team has been thus far for the last 14 years. Chaos...self-absorbed in our own petty interests while watching the cycle of perpetual failure continue. If we want to see good people remain, and hopefully good people return one day, we must change the culture of this discussion...to appreciate and welcome our differences yet recognize our similarity that brings us to this place: to see the BILLS become a winning organization evidenced by a Super Bowl victory. In the meantime, let's be one...instead of many.

Edited by BigBuff423

Lori is one that comes to mind immeidately. And I think in part due to the way in which she left. She was clear about her concerns, stern but overall respectful of the fact that she did not like the direction of the board or the personal attacks (if I remember correctly). Some people pleaded with her to stay, others nonchalantly waived her off, and some were glad to see her go. But those who were good-hearted fans and those who appreciate healthy discourse and discussion knew that such a Poster leaving this board would demote the general environment of discussion. All too often people are ridiculed with snarky remarks and juvenile statements regarding someone's manhood or level of fan loyalty. When this is a place to discuss....we can disagree, we can rage with our statistics and analytical insinght, we can laugh at ourselves and the team when stupidity reigns supreme...but in the end, we are people. With lives...jobs...families....bigger stresses, gains, losess, griefs, and triumphs than the BILLS will ever bring to our reality. So we come here...to be in a community of fellow sufferers...to commiserate, to rejoice, to be disappointed, to get excited about new things, to relive the last week's win / loss...but, instead, we find ways to be divided instead of united. We've become a mirror image of what this BILLS team has been thus far for the last 14 years. Chaos...self-absorbed in our own petty interests while watching the cycle of perpetual failure continue. If we want to see good people remain, and hopefully good people return one day, we must change the culture of this discussion...to appreciate and welcome our differences yet recognize our similarity that brings us to this place: to see the BILLS become a winning organization evidenced by a Super Bowl victory. In the meantime, let's be one...instead of many.

Amen

Whoa - missed all that! Yikes.

It was pretty entertaining. A few people here figured out his identity and found his facebook page and his old wedding registry. I urged him to remove his phone number and to conceal his identity for his own sake. He told me he had an AK and 3 pit bulls. Not a bright boy.

It was pretty entertaining. A few people here figured out his identity and found his facebook page and his old wedding registry. I urged him to remove his phone number and to conceal his identity for his own sake. He told me he had an AK and 3 pit bulls. Not a bright boy.

Where the hell was I for that?

b.harami's meltdown, JP Era's helmet design, microscope's meltdown...I miss all the really fun stuff...

Where the hell was I for that?

b.harami's meltdown, JP Era's helmet design, microscope's meltdown...I miss all the really fun stuff...

The classics are gone. If we had a 'Homework' or Tracy Lee thread today it would be closed within 20 posts.