Poster you miss the most on tbd

major

I miss Curitiba...Cuz he hit the hammer on the nail 2 years ago when he said that SJ13 was a cancer on this great Bills team! Sorry for not seeing Dareus as a late boy!

Edited by curitiba

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing HAS brought out the worst in people. There are lots of posters here who just come to the board to vent, as if that's a healthy activity. Unfortunately it's my experience that venting is not cathartic but instead becomes a self-perpetuating practice with no benefits.

Most people who post here post on emotion, not reason. The losing has made those people emotionally ugly.

On the other hand there are enormous numbers of objective, intelligent and informed posters who find a way to discuss the team without DWELLING on the negativity.

All of those people accept that the Bills have sucked for a long time. The fact that we don't want to obsess on the negative doesn't mean that we are in denial. I challenge you to find one post of mine which would label me as an apologist.

I criticize this team as much as anyone. But I don't go on and on ad nauseum about it like some people do.

We have a rule in our house that you don't come home after work and complain about things.

I don't hang around people who complain or B word about work or politics or anything.

Discussions are cool but chronic negativity is for losers.

That's why I can't tolerate one person posting 25-30 negative posts on one subject (ie- EJ Manuel). Negativity is one thing but lately a lot of people have been using it to fuel their crusades.

It makes me think that these people are miserable in real life and use the Bills as an excuse to vent their unhappiness.

Moreover, I can't understand how a truly happy person could spend so much time being negative about anything.

Any theories?

I agree that negativity is a symptom.

It's a symptom of an unhappy person.

Losing makes fans unhappy and they take it out here. It doesn't say anything about them personally when they criticize the team.

Your point about having a rule at home about not complaining about things.......I agree with that. I don't have that rule but it just simply isn't done anyway.

Because IMO, home isn't the place to discuss work. I also don't have a TV, a dresser or even a lamp in my bedroom. You gotta' know how to compartmentalize. :thumbsup:

That said....I know the Bills frustrate some fans and talking about it can help keep the frustration directed where it belongs.....on OBD.

And THIS is the place to discuss Bills football.

The line people need to draw is with the displacement of their anger on other fans and initiating personal attacks because of it.

Fans aren't the reason they are losing. They just aren't.

And getting frustrated with them and attacking them to get them to stop complaining is not yours or anybody else's place.

It shows a lack of sympathy......if not empathy......for your fellow fan.......and a lack of awareness of what this place is for.

To me......assuming that people being disatisfied/pissed at their football team is a symptom of an unhappy personal in general......is a prejudice that people use here to justify the behavior.

Always perplexes me how people come here for such a specific thing that they have in common..........and then personally attack others because they think they are different types of people than them. :doh:

I agree with everyone else here in regards to Lori, The Dean & ICE.

I would also like to add:

Juror # 8

LaBatt Blue

I thought LaBatt was still around? Could have sworn I saw a post not too long ago...

Then again I'm always wrong... :D

That said....I know the Bills frustrate some fans and talking about it can help keep the frustration directed where it belongs.....on OBD.

The line people need to draw is with the displacement of their anger on other fans and initiating personal attacks because of it.

And getting frustrated with them and attacking them to get them to stop complaining is not yours or anybody else's place.

It shows a lack of sympathy......if not empathy......for your fellow fan.......and a lack of awareness of what this place is for.

To me......assuming that people being disatisfied/pissed at their football team is a symptom of an unhappy personal in general......is a prejudice that people use here to justify the behavior.

Always perplexes me how people come here for such a specific thing that they have in common..........and then personally attack others because they think they are different types of people than them. :doh:

1) There's a difference between "discussing Bills football" and making constant negative comments about the team.

2) I don't come here to give or receive empathy or sympathy. I'm a grownup.

3) I have enough life experience and experience on message boards and blogs to know that the majority of "broken record complainers" are negative, unhappy people.

4) People here have one thing in common, the Bills. Having that one thing in common doesn't make them similar in any other sense.

those threads were organic snowballs. The new game now is one up every one and land the lunker

Jim would have gotten a 1 month ban for just mentioning the idea of retard + frittata

By the way, where the hell has he been?

I believe he got a one month ban.

And I'm not sure, but it might have been for rettata reference.

Where the hell was I for that?

b.harami's meltdown, JP Era's helmet design, microscope's meltdown...I miss all the really fun stuff...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a three and a half year ban will straighten up your attitude real quick! I won't be having any more meltdowns any time soon. That and not posting often will see to that. Lol.

nevergiveup. loved the insight. came out of nowhere, with crazy predictions that turned out to be spot on.

I have this sneaking suspicion that NGU was Buddy Nix, and ultimately he gave up talking with the fans. That baby screamed the entire three years he was here, and all we ever saw was a toenail.

Not serious because he's still here or he's gone and you're actually quite happy to have rid of him.

He is still here, although Dog got lambasted so much for supporting a player he liked that he did need to take a break.

He was also yvel varm, dik smub (marv levy and bum's kid, respectively). Barry brady was a reference to Barry Williams (the actor who played greg brady). I never figured out pyrite gal, his other moniker.

They change w/the coaching/mgm't staff... I think the first screen name was: vram yvel? pyrite gal was in reference to Marv as Ralph getting back together... Fools gold, etc...

I was gonna ask, what is the significance of the most recent name? Anyway, been a lot of coaches through the years, I kinda lost track... But, they are one poster that always stands out no matter what name they take... So I don't bother to even associate w/the screen name, just the way they post.

Maybe I know way to much about this place! I is kinda like "the radio verison" of the internet... One of the great things about coming here through the years... One just builds their memory up so much!

Anyway... I hope w/some of the MIA's that nothing bad happened! You know, people do get up in age. Glad to here some are back! ;-)

I stopped posting because of a few things. My role at work changed and improved, resulting in increased hours. Then my wife (who joined me at the TBD tailgate for the season-opening win over Seattle a handful of years ago) and I had two little boys and of course that changed everything. Those are the two biggest reasons. I do agree, however, that the losing has had an impact on why people have left or posted with less frequency. Losing brought out increased negativity and reading it (and even writing it) wears on you. It's bad enough to watch the team every Sunday; to spend the entire week talking about the levels of sucking brings it to a whole new, lower level.

I still come by, every single day. I enjoy what many of you have to say and learn from your insights. When I have to miss a game, I feel like I can come here and get a pretty good handle on how the team played. As with many other people, I imagine my posting frequency would increase if we got to December and were playing meaningful games, or if we made the playoffs. (That will happen again one day.) But mostly, real life got in the way and that's why I'm not as visible as I used to be.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed this season more than any other in recent years. For the first time in a long time, there's hope. The loyal fans of this team deserve a winner as much as any fan base in any sport. I hope that day comes soon for all of us, and I hope you all have a great 2014.

what happened to Petrino? Didn't he start the bills' haiku?

I thought someone earlier in the thread said they saw him recently...and yes, the haiku's were an instant classic...ahhhh....the good old days of offtopics being mixed with Bills talk, really drove people crazy. Also, the threads that ran off the sides of the page.

Losing makes fans unhappy and they take it out here. It doesn't say anything about them personally when they criticize the team.

Your point about having a rule at home about not complaining about things.......I agree with that. I don't have that rule but it just simply isn't done anyway.

Because IMO, home isn't the place to discuss work. I also don't have a TV, a dresser or even a lamp in my bedroom. You gotta' know how to compartmentalize. :thumbsup:

:worthy: Great perspective, and the entire post very well stated :thumbsup: I highlighted some of the more critical points.

Some Bills fans posting here have been involved in some sort of football since youth football leagues (4-12), high School, college and even some have played some pro ball. I have found that some have even been ex Buffalo Bills players. So consequently, some fans simply have more knowledge about the sport / team then others. Yet some fans think their opinion is the only one that matters.

What is truly tragic is that I've seen some Bills fans become so hostile, obtuse that they callously drove other Bills fans away from this forum. Like Lori, who was so very much liked and admired. That said, it would be great if all Bills fans were more cognizant of the fact that they share the same passion for the very same team with the fans they are conversing with here.