Poster you miss the most on tbd

major

Wow. Nice trip down memory lane.

I was a regular back in the D&C days, and a more frequent poster before Flutie v RJ. And mostly a lurker since. The entire boards feel and behavior has morphed SOOO many times over the 15 or so years i have been around. I miss the discussion, hate the attacks and snide comments. IMO-it coincides with society overall as we live in a more demeaning and aggressive, self satisfying world. I guess that means I am just getting old. (FYI-48 is not old, its seasoned).

Personally, I miss Aussie, Lori, JSP, The Dean, Ice, and all the other old timers who have gradually slipped away over time. Why come hear and be abused? ESPECIALLY if you live near Buffalo and get your news in a more traditional manor. As I live in Phoenix, I love the connection to my old home that I am able to get here.

Thanks again Scott, and all the others for providing a place to meet and discuss about the Bills.

Back to Lurking now.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Curitiba! Glad to join you both! Happy New year to you as well.

I never watched Sponge Bob.I actually thought it was stupid. now that I have a two year old, sometimes he wants to watch it. Im laughing so hard at how much of an idiot Sponge and his buddy is, and his neighbor. Pretty funny stuff!

I thought someone earlier in the thread said they saw him recently...and yes, the haiku's were an instant classic...ahhhh....the good old days of offtopics being mixed with Bills talk, really drove people crazy. Also, the threads that ran off the sides of the page.

it was pretty entertaining. I sure had a lot of non-bills related arguments (still do on PPP), but would buy a beer and share beers with any and all. Gavin in VB comes to mind...

1) There's a difference between "discussing Bills football" and making constant negative comments about the team.

2) I don't come here to give or receive empathy or sympathy. I'm a grownup.

3) I have enough life experience and experience on message boards and blogs to know that the majority of "broken record complainers" are negative, unhappy people.

4) People here have one thing in common, the Bills. Having that one thing in common doesn't make them similar in any other sense.

1) If the constant negative comments are about the football team and not about you or your fellow fans......then it doesn't warrant being made personal.

2) I mean sympathy in terms understanding and patience.......being a grownup doesn't preclude anyone from having that. I have to ask, why do you come here?

3) Sports are emotionally charged by nature. Anytime the result is win or lose you will have that. I expect people to be here.....the same way as they are in everyday life.....the way I expect them to behave the same at home or work as they do in the stadium. Not at all.

4) I am well aware that people are different.......by no means was I implying that all Bills fans are the same......but if you go to a message board to be with people who are just like you then go to a message board for whatever it is you think you are. Positive thinkers or whatever. This place is for Bills discussion, not separating people into their perceived.personality types.