Who are you ready to see go?

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which players are you happy to see go? (In other words, yeah they're good, but aren't going to win games in the long run, and the team has to get better)

• CJ spiller
    • SJ13
    • MD99
    • TJ Graham
    • Bradham
    • Fjax
    • EJ
    • Chandler

Man. People on here actually voted for Spiller? Please go back to school.

Agreed. Battling a sprained ankle all season, He missed 1000 yards by 80 yards!

Yup when you look at his total yards and even his YPC of 4.6 for the season it sure says "awesome". But Spiller gets his yards in big chunks. He will rip off a 60 or 70 yard beauty, followed by 10 or 12 plays of little to no gain. That one run is very exciting to watch, but overall that style runner does not help the team over the course of a game or season. That is why I think some would like him gone.

As for me, I'm not in the "cut him" camp by any means. But I would not shed a tear if he was traded for good value. And to be honest, i suspect such a trade would be good for Spiller's career as well.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marrone has another 6 win (or worse) season next year, he has to go. He hasn't done anything in the NFL, or even college for that matter, to give him an obligatory 3/4 years to get it going.

We wanted the arrow to at least point UP this season. The arrow right now is at best, neutral.

Rex Ryan with absolutely NO TALENT on offense still manages to finish 8-8 within the same division. Rex Ryan would get a hell of a lot more out of this roster, IMO.

Marrone has been underwhelming in his first season.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I think to a certain extent wins are kind of arbitrary amongst middling teams in the NFL. I mean we have a higher ranked offense and defense than the Jets, have scored way more points while give up only 1 more point than them (our point differential is much better). Is anyone aware that the 2013 Bills actually outgained their opponents this season? First time since 2004. So my point is that if the Jets don't get that call against New England, the roughing the passer against Tampa and Jeff Tuel doesn't throw the ball right to a Chiefs defender, we could be talking about the Bills having a better record. I'll take better statistics (indicator for how talented a team actually is) and a higher draft pick over a few extra wins in a rebuilding year.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Can we say coach? I mean there is 1 guy left from NE 1st Super Bowl team in 2001. He's a great player, but there is one guy.

To me it comes down to coaching....period!

I've been saying this for years, but what do I know?

Honestly, I don't want to see anyone let go until we can line up a better player.

I'm sick of creating holes for ourselves.

this people! sure you can let people go, but the real question is, what are you going to replace them with ? ? ?

To the people who want Stevie gone...

Remember he just lost his Mom, even played the day After it happened when he DIDNT have to.

Same guy that most DB's in the league cant cover.

Same guy the plays hurt All the time.

If it wasn't for injuries, death, and shaky QB play he, not Chandler, would have been the leading WR on the team.

But yet you want to get rid of him, just like yall run Beast Mode out of town.

You don't get better by creating more holes on the roster. You just don't.

BTW, I voted for Graham, nice speed but he fights to catch the ball. Not Good.

I agree that some of those options are just silly. But Graham/Bradham/Chandler are legit options to go/upgrade, IMO.

this is entirely true but we must remember that at least two of them will be on this team for depth. Bradham and graham are affordable. And I can't imagine cutting Chandler unless Moeki lights it up. I don't see any other options at TE

One name for sure...Danny Crossman. Our special teams have been putrid (ranked 31 of 32) and yesterday took the cake with a slow footed guy breaking two long kickoff returns. Just unacceptable

Remember he just lost his Mom, even played the day After it happened when he DIDNT have to.

If it wasn't for injuries, death, and shaky QB play he, not Chandler, would have been the leading WR on the team.

Lots of players have lost love ones and made it to the games. It happens all the time. In this case he actually played after the death, so why he has been M.I.A. since then is baffling and shows again we have a soft organization who let the players run amok. You really think BB would put up with this? Someone would have subtly gotten the word out that he was hurting his teammates by not playing.

Save for injury, you don't take two weeks off in the NFL for any reason. He signed the contract and has taken the game checks. I really want him gone.

Cut Stevie. I've always been a supporter but with the 4th down drop against NE* and the fumble in Toronto I've seen enough. This team needs playmakers that EJ can trust in crunch time, and at the moment I see only Woods and the oft-injured Goodwin. Draft both WR and TE early, keep Chandler as depth. I voted TJ Graham out but he can be kept on as a #4. Guard and LB in the middle rounds

One name for sure...Danny Crossman. Our special teams have been putrid (ranked 31 of 32) and yesterday took the cake with a slow footed guy breaking two long kickoff returns. Just unacceptable

Agreed, that guy has to go

Edited by J-Gun Boone

Honestly, I don't want to see anyone let go until we can line up a better player.

I'm sick of creating holes for ourselves.

This. I never understood wide-held belief in addition by subtraction. Cutting players doesn't make your team better. Replacing players with better players does.

Let's keep in mind that they're working with a first time NFL HC, First time NFL OC, a rookie QB, and an inexperienced but decent backup (both have upsides to build on). Did you really expect them to be playoff caliber this year? Really? Seriously?? This was strictly a rebuilding an evaluation year - nothing more. Before the Bills of Levy & Kelly became 4 time AFC Champs, they were the Bickering Bills (yeah, they sucked too in the beginning). This team has something to build on, and they are going to build a winner this time around. It's just not going to happen overnight, but I do think if they have another draft class like the last one, they're going to challenge for a wild card spot next season. They're putting the pieces in place. I can see them taking the division in 2015 (2014 will be a challenge for a wild card only).

Crossman, the special teams "coach."

This. I never understood wide-held belief in addition by subtraction. Cutting players doesn't make your team better. Replacing players with better players does.

While I find your avatar highly disturbing, you are spot on that you should only cut a player if you are going to add a better player, and I would add have depth at the position or the player is too expensive. SJ 13 may not be a #1 WR, but cutting him makes no sense given that he is not that expensive for what he brings.

Interesting outcome. Fjax is a force. Makes me sad to think what his career could have been if he was given more of a chance earlier on. When I see Bernard Pierce of the ravens run I see a young Freddie.

I could see a scenario for any or many of the list above where they say they're good, but we want great. We want reliable. We want consistant.

We want a Boldin, not a Johnson. We want a bowman, not a Bradham. We want another Kyle not Marcell... We want another Jackson, not a spiller. We want a Pitta , not a chandler.

My favorite recent example of this sentiment was Curtis Martin. Wasn't flashy just ran tough and moved chains. He was going to get you 3-5 yards every carry. Edgerrin James was sort of the same. You don't need to be incredible to be great, just consistant.

Really???? We don't want Marcel? Guy is an animal. Best lineman we have, by far.

I know he missed three quarters in the last two games because of being late to meetings. That sucks and he needs to shape up, but come on. How many meetings have you been late to? Wanting to get rid of the best or second best player on your team is outrageous.

Edited by dubs

Crossman, the special teams "coach."

While I find your avatar highly disturbing, you are spot on that you should only cut a player if you are going to add a better player, and I would add have depth at the position or the player is too expensive. SJ 13 may not be a #1 WR, but cutting him makes no sense given that he is not that expensive for what he brings.

I think the notion of cutting him comes from a couple of places. First, the passing offense seemed to look better in games he did not play. Second, you can count more clutch drops and SNAFUs he's had over the past several years than you can clutch plays.

In other words, he hurts more than he helps.

Edited by Campy

No one on that list should go.

All of those guys are starters. You don't get better by cutting and replacing your starters. You get better by UPGRADING, moving those guys to second string, and cutting guys lower down the ladder.

For example, draft a top-notch TE weapon. He becomes the starter. Chandler gets moved to TE#2, and Lee Smith gets cut.

You don't cut from the top and leave the underlying garbage.

Only one that fits that is TJ Graham since he is already the #3 or 4 WR. But again, I dont want him cut just for the sake of cutting him. You have to have an upgrade to the position on the roster first.

Belichick finished 5-11 in his first season as Patriots head coach. So...

I love this analogy.

Take it a step further, The Genius Hoodie's first 6 years as a head coach:

1991 - Cleveland: 6 - 10

1992 - Cleveland: 7 - 9

1993 - Cleveland: 7 - 9

1994 - Cleveland: 11 - 5

1995 - Cleveland: 5 - 11

2000 - New England: 5 - 11

Total W-L record, 36 - 55

Great Analogy!

Edited by dubs

I get what you're saying, however, he has developed and maintained a nasty habit of coming up short in big moments (minus the Carolina game). Also, IMO Manuel tried far too many times to force the ball to stevie, moreso than any other WR. Now IDK if that's something that is an issue with EJ wanting to go to his #1 too much, or if Stevie is calling for the ball in the huddle, but I thought that when things were going well offensively it was without JOhnson.

IMO, we should trade Stevie for something decent IE 2nd-4th rd pick, and move forward with what we have plus whatever we get in the draft.

Stevie has been a very nice player for us, but IMO it's time to cut him loose.

I love this analogy.

Great Analogy!

It would be nice if franchises showed more patience, frankly. Hell, it would be nice if PEOPLE showed more patience.

I'm pretty amazed at how many fans want to jettison both EJ and Marrone after their rookie campaigns, as if the next two guys we throw into the frying pan would do any better than 6-10.

And yes, I realize that it's difficult to preach patience when it's been 14 years since a playoff appearance, but the current GM, head coach and starting QB are not responsible for those 14 seasons. They are responsible for exactly 1 season.

I love this analogy.

Great Analogy!

Bellicheat found Marsha; Otherwise he would be working as a career D-Co.

It would be nice if franchises showed more patience, frankly. Hell, it would be nice if PEOPLE showed more patience.

I'm pretty amazed at how many fans want to jettison both EJ and Marrone after their rookie campaigns, as if the next two guys we throw into the frying pan would do any better than 6-10.

And yes, I realize that it's difficult to preach patience when it's been 14 years since a playoff appearance, but the current GM, head coach and starting QB are not responsible for those 14 seasons. They are responsible for exactly 1 season.

You are absolutely correct. Any season prior to this season means absolutely nothing in evaluating the current decision makers in the front office. That is unless you are evaluating Ralph Wilson, Bills Fans, or Rich Stadium, because that's the only thing that's been constant over that time.

But I want it NOW!

i-want-it-now.gif

Bellicheat found Marsha; Otherwise he would be working as a career D-Co.

Let's be fair. I think Brady was a huge factor in Bill's success, but he had to have the sack to keep Brady in there when Bledsoe was healthy. He's also learned to be a better coach. They went 11-5 when Brady was out for the season. So you have to give him his due credit, the guy can coach.

It doesn't take 3 years to turn a team around anymore.

That statement used to read "it doesn't take 5 years to turn a team around anymore".

Marrone was in the minority among the new coaching hires whose team did not improve.

I am not saying he needs to be fired but patience needs to be warranted, not just automatic. And results are relative to both expectations and results of other teams in similar straits.

Let's be fair. I think Brady was a huge factor in Bill's success, but he had to have the sack to keep Brady in there when Bledsoe was healthy. He's also learned to be a better coach. They went 11-5 when Brady was out for the season. So you have to give him his due credit, the guy can coach.

No I don't

It doesn't take 3 years to turn a team around anymore.

That statement used to read "it doesn't take 5 years to turn a team around anymore".

Marrone was in the minority among the new coaching hires whose team did not improve.

I am not saying he needs to be fired but patience needs to be warranted, not just automatic. And results are relative to both expectations and results of other teams in similar straits.

I know for a fact that 1. You are smarter than this, and 2. You saw the numerous posts which chronicled how most of the successful new coaches had a veteran QB to work with, and how the unsuccessful new coaches were dealing with rookie or no QBs.

The "team" in general has been turned around from where we were years ago. We have a talented DLine, and a FO that prioritizes the trenches on both sides of the ball. We are effectively 1 TE and 2 OL away from being stacked. All we really need is the same thing every team in the NFL needs, a QB that can produce. I believe EJ can be that guy, and according to the press conference today, so does Marrone.

We'll see how it goes now that our Head Coach and QB are through their rookie season. I believe that warrants some patience.

Where's Jim Leonhards name?

Yup when you look at his total yards and even his YPC of 4.6 for the season it sure says "awesome". But Spiller gets his yards in big chunks. He will rip off a 60 or 70 yard beauty, followed by 10 or 12 plays of little to no gain. That one run is very exciting to watch, but overall that style runner does not help the team over the course of a game or season. That is why I think some would like him gone.

As for me, I'm not in the "cut him" camp by any means. But I would not shed a tear if he was traded for good value. And to be honest, i suspect such a trade would be good for Spiller's career as well.

Barry Sanders was notorious for those types of runs. Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles too. Spiller is a " home run hitter" if you want to be upset at someone be upset at the person who couldn't get this dynamic player the ball in space.

I know for a fact that 1. You are smarter than this, and 2. You saw the numerous posts which chronicled how most of the successful new coaches had a veteran QB to work with, and how the unsuccessful new coaches were dealing with rookie or no QBs.

The "team" in general has been turned around from where we were years ago. We have a talented DLine, and a FO that prioritizes the trenches on both sides of the ball. We are effectively 1 TE and 2 OL away from being stacked. All we really need is the same thing every team in the NFL needs, a QB that can produce. I believe EJ can be that guy, and according to the press conference today, so does Marrone.

We'll see how it goes now that our Head Coach and QB are through their rookie season. I believe that warrants some patience.

Bottom line is that they are still a 6-10 football team.

The team of Nix/Whaley/Marrone simply didn't do what was needed to turn it around.

None of the turnaround rookie head coached teams had rookie QB's leading them this year..................of course the only to draft one in the first round was Buffalo.

Last year, 3 teams made the playoffs with rookie QB's.

And this year, the teams that did turn it around didn't all inherit quality starters.

The Bills.............they signed Kevin Kolb.

Like I said, I am not saying Marrone needs to be fired but these guys deserve to be looked at skeptically because they earned it.

You are what your record says you are.

If they go into next season without serious competition for Manuel they are asking for it.

Dead Marrone walking.

If EJ face=plants it will take a reprieve from the governor to save his job next January because this team is going to QUIT on this staff if they waste this accumulation of talent.

They half quit the last two months THIS year.

It won't have anything to do with being patient or understanding that all he needs is a QB.

You do or you not in the NFL.

At this point Marrone is 6-10......same as Gailey before him.

Not improved.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Interesting take. Guess you either selectively forgot Colin Brown or just saw the move as a mistake "anybody" could have made. (It wasn't.)

No one on that list should go.

All of those guys are starters. You don't get better by cutting and replacing your starters. You get better by UPGRADING, moving those guys to second string, and cutting guys lower down the ladder.

For example, draft a top-notch TE weapon. He becomes the starter. Chandler gets moved to TE#2, and Lee Smith gets cut.

You don't cut from the top and leave the underlying garbage.

Only one that fits that is TJ Graham since he is already the #3 or 4 WR. But again, I dont want him cut just for the sake of cutting him. You have to have an upgrade to the position on the roster first.

Best post.

I'm so sick of dumping talented players and creating holes with no replacement prepared.

This guy wants too much money. This guy isn't a "team player." This guy has made several Pro Bowls, but he's really overrated. Blah, blah, blah.

But what do I know. Maybe 1000 yard receivers who can toast Darrelle Revis really do grow on trees. Maybe we would be better off tossing Kyle Williams for a 350 LB tub of lard. Maybe it's better to have extra cap room instead of a Top 5 safety who has the audacity to demand fair market value. Who really wants one of the league's top young defensive tackles? The guy is LATE to meetings!