Can Thad Lewis be our Russell Wilson?

zow2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a much better player than the usual nega-trons on this chat board will give him credit for. He needs to protect the football better. Yes. Thats coachable. Other than that he looks to me like he has potential. Oh hell yea I like Thad a lot as our back-up.

DC Toms comment above as funny as it is actually has some truth to it. Russel Wilson is surrounded by a MUCH better cast of characters than Thad, EJ or Jeff. Who knows what Russel would do if he were our guy. I dont think he'd be as successful here as he has been there so far. We dont have the supporting cast....YET.

Frankly I think at this point of their careers, Thad gives us as good (if not better) chances than EJ of placing loss # 2 on Miami Sunday.

Go Bills.

Russell Wilson couldn't be our Russell Wilson. This franchise eats quarterbacks and ***** out trains wrecks.

Lol. Too funny.

Just sayin, Miami fans seem more worried about Thad than EJ.

Even Thad himself said he had little grasp of the offense in that first start. Now he does. We'll see.

He is a much better player than the usual nega-trons on this chat board will give him credit for. He needs to protect the football better. Yes. Thats coachable. Other than that he looks to me like he has potential. Oh hell yea I like Thad a lot as our back-up.

DC Toms comment above as funny as it is actually has some truth to it. Russel Wilson is surrounded by a MUCH better cast of characters than Thad, EJ or Jeff. Who knows what Russel would do if he were our guy. I dont think he'd be as successful here as he has been there so far. We dont have the supporting cast....YET.

Frankly I think at this point of their careers, Thad gives us as good (if not better) chances than EJ of placing loss # 2 on Miami Sunday.

Go Bills.

I think your memory of Thad's performance in Miami is failing.....He was less than impressive to put it mildly. The defense was largely responsible for that win with the biggest play being Mario's strip/sack.

I was thinking more like, can Thad be our Fitzpatrick. Russell Wilson comparison is ridiculous.

If Thad performs well and we don't draft a QB next year, I wouldn't mind Thad taking over the helm, much like how our backup Fitz became our starter.

I think your memory of Thad's performance in Miami is failing.....He was less than impressive to put it mildly. The defense was largely responsible for that win with the biggest play being Mario's strip/sack.

The defense was largely responsible for ALL of our wins this year.

The defense saved EJ a couple times too. Look, I'm not here to argue. I think Thad shows promise as a back-up. You dont. Fine. I'm OK with that.

Off topic: He, just like EJ is an easy guy to root (route? whatever) for. Humble, and seems like a helluva nice kid. Smart too, just like our starter.

Agreed, but Seattle's defense is largely responsible for several wins too. You gotta have a decent D to win any games.

I think what's intriguing is Thad saying he took unnecessary hits and missed his Hot receivers in that game due to not knowing the offense well. He said he knows it now and I'm looking forward to seeing the dude play some ball.

The defense saved EJ a couple times too. Look, I'm not here to argue. I think Thad shows promise as a back-up. You dont. Fine. I'm OK with that.

Off topic: He, just like EJ is an easy guy to root (route? whatever) for. Humble, and seems like a helluva nice kid. Smart too, just like our starter.

I think he's okay as a back up, but he's simply not as good as EJ is in many aspects. Therefore I disagreed with the one part of your post. Surely you can handle that w/o being defensive.

I think he's okay as a back up, but he's simply not as good as EJ is in many aspects. Therefore I disagreed with the one part of your post. Surely you can handle that w/o being defensive.

Saying "fine, I'm OK with that" was an attempt to show I was not being defensive. I guess it didnt work. LOL! S'all good man. I hope come Monday we can argue and be "defensive" that they should have won by 30...not 20 points. That would be fantastic! Even if Marcell Dareus was playing QB.

See....I dont really know how to respond to this because

- I actually really Like Thad Lewis.....and I think he would make a fine backup QB and someone i would depend on when needed

but

- I also still like EJ Manuel very much...and feel he is going to be the starter for years to come

Can I like both players?

Saying "fine, I'm OK with that" was an attempt to show I was not being defensive. I guess it didnt work. LOL! S'all good man. I hope come Monday we can argue and be "defensive" that they should have won by 30...not 20 points. That would be fantastic! Even if Marcell Dareus was playing QB.

:lol: Sounds good to me.

Do think Marrone is half the coach Pete Carrol is?

I do not. If he was EJ could be probably as good as Wilson.

Look no further then your coaches. The Bills have terrible Offensive coaching, thus terrible offense.

Say what you want, i have been calling Hackett brutal since the second game. The writing was on the wall. He is in over his head and so is Marrone. The best thing we can hope for is Marrone resigns. A new GOOD coach comes in and works well with EJ.

I have noclue why i think this could occur. The Bills have not had a good coach in 15 years.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

See....I dont really know how to respond to this because

- I actually really Like Thad Lewis.....and I think he would make a fine backup QB and someone i would depend on when needed

but

- I also still like EJ Manuel very much...and feel he is going to be the starter for years to come

Can I like both players?

No, you have to endorse one and declare the other sucks donkey balls. Clearly you don't follow politics.

Do think Marrone is half the coach Pete Carrol is?

I do not. If he was EJ could be probably as good as Wilson.

Look no further then your coaches. The Bills have terrible Offensive coaching, thus terrible offense.

Say what you want, i have been calling Hackett brutal since the second game. The writing was on the wall. He is in over his head and so is Marrone. The best thing we can hope for is Marrone resigns. A new GOOD coach comes in and works well with EJ.

I have noclue why i think this could occur. The Bills have not had a good coach in 15 years.

Yup. Pete Carrol really took the league by storm in NFL coaching attempts 1 and 2. I would take Marrone over him any day.

EJ as good as Wilson with a different coach? Alrighty then. A QB coach would help though. EJ needs a whole lot of work.

Offense has terrible coaching? Maybe..maybe not. I'm certainly not in a position to make that statement. BTW, there is another component they refer to as defense. Just so ya know.

Marrone resign? Who do we replace him with? The weather man ? Give him time. He's gonna be a good coach you watch.

Sorry man, but dont just walk out in the front yard and die. This is reality football, not that fantasy bologne. Look at what Carolina has done. Yea...3 years it took but they are solid. As we will be. Two more years man. Two more years. We're gonna be OK. In fact I would nominate Rivera as a coach of the year candidate. He's done a nice job down there.

This thread started out nuts and only got nuttier!

There is no question in my mind that if Wilson was in his second year on this team, there is no way we would only have 5 wins. There is no QB on our team who has looked anything like Wilson--either in college or the NFL---ever!

The Seahawks were a back to back 7-9 team before Wilson showed up.

Marrone over Carroll??

This thread started out nuts and only got nuttier!

There is no question in my mind that if Wilson was in his second year on this team, there is no way we would only have 5 wins. There is no QB on our team who has looked anything like Wilson--either in college or the NFL---ever!

The Seahawks were a back to back 7-9 team before Wilson showed up.

Marrone over Carroll??

Reading comprehension. Work on it.