Can Thad Lewis be our Russell Wilson?

zow2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this blame for QBs and coaches is ridiculous. Can no one else see how miserably the offensive line is playing? The Bills have allowed 43 sacks so far this year. Only 3 teams have more(Miami, Jacksonville and the Jets). We have 2 top tier running backs who struggle mightily to find running lanes. We all ready have a lot of talent on offense but the foundation of that offense was never completed. Build up the trenches and we will suddenly see the offense clicking. I like Glenn and Woods, but the rest of the OL is incredibly weak.

I really think EJ and Thad can be real good if they are not continuously running for their lives. Fortunately, they both have some wheels, but that is no way to run an offense.

Bills proceed Thursday with Lewis at the controls

By Joe Buscaglia

JoeB@wgr550.com

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- One day removed from the Buffalo Bills revealing the news that they'd be without starting quarterback EJ Manuel, the team hit the practice field without their rookie signal caller.

Manuel injured his left knee against Jacksonville last Sunday and will miss the upcoming contest against Miami. That means backup Thad Lewis will get his fourth start of the season, and he took the first-team repetitions during Thursday's practice.

A native of the Miami area, Lewis will make his second start against the Dolphins this season.

"You never think that you’re going to be able to play against your hometown team twice, at least in the same season, let alone being the backup, you never know when your next start is going to come," he said. "You’re just kind of sitting in a waiting game."

Earlier in the season when Lewis got his first opportunity to start due to Manuel's previous knee injury, he was still a relative newcomer to the team and the offense. Now with an extra two months of seasoning, the backup feels fully equipped heading into the contest with the Dolphins.

All of this blame for QBs and coaches is ridiculous. Can no one else see how miserably the offensive line is playing? The Bills have allowed 43 sacks so far this year. Only 3 teams have more(Miami, Jacksonville and the Jets). We have 2 top tier running backs who struggle mightily to find running lanes. We all ready have a lot of talent on offense but the foundation of that offense was never completed. Build up the trenches and we will suddenly see the offense clicking. I like Glenn and Woods, but the rest of the OL is incredibly weak.

I really think EJ and Thad can be real good if they are not continuously running for their lives. Fortunately, they both have some wheels, but that is no way to run an offense.

Refreshing to read the thoughts of a man that gets it. Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

Don't know his stats in college compared to Wilson's. Seems like he has a similar skill set.

Hahahahahahaha oh thanks. I did enjoy that.

Line does suck. When there is a blitz, and spillers in as the back, too... Dear god it looks like the Black Friday opening at Walmart, the QB being the $10 plasma.

I hate political correctness, but I do have a somewhat PC observation:

Why is it that everyone always compares black quarterbacks to other black quarterbacks and not white ones? Why can't Thad Lewis be our Mark Brunnell?

Ahh yes, only took 3 pages for the QB race card to finally be played. You've got to be kidding me . Maybe Al Sharpton should be the QB coach? Good Grief, its just a silly game. Relax, man.

Don't know his stats in college compared to Wilson's. Seems like he has a similar skill set.

No. TL is short. Any similarity to Wilson ends there. R Wilson had every trait teams would want in their potential franchise QB. The ONLY thing he lacked was ideal size, and that was enough to push him out of the early rounds. Don't recall any draftniks talking about T Lewis. He has plenty of other flaws besides lacking ideal size. He really isn't even good enough to be the backup on this team. Bills should look to add a vet (Kolb will retire) or a mid round pick to be the backup to EJM for 2014.

Ahh yes, only took 3 pages for the QB race card to finally be played. You've got to be kidding me . Maybe Al Sharpton should be the QB coach? Good Grief, its just a silly game. Relax, man.

Dude, I'm relaxed. It's an observation. And it doesn't bother me. But my observation is correct. Btw, Al Sharpton is a race pimp.

I hate political correctness, but I do have a somewhat PC observation:

Why is it that everyone always compares black quarterbacks to other black quarterbacks and not white ones? Why can't Thad Lewis be our Mark Brunnell?

People are stupid when it comes to that stuff.Those convinced that EJM will not be a good QB will reference Akili Smith or some other failed draft pick who happens to be black. The odds of Lewis being a Brunell or a Warner are very long. It doesn't mean it can't happen. Everyone wants to bring up the Warners, Romo's and Brady's, but these guys are the exceptions to the rule. That is what makes them noteworthy. EJM may or may not pan out, but is statistically more likely to succeed than an UDFA.

Amen.

You know the difference between Roethlisberger and Losman? Roethlisberger was drafted by the Steelers. The Bills wanted him but he'd be long forgotten like Losman if the Bills had gotten him.

This is an incredibly idiotic take. You are either good or you're not. That's it. Big Ben would have done just fine if the Bills had managed to land him, as would many others. NFL history isn't exactly littered with former Bills QB's that excelled elsewhere after they escaped from the grasp of the dreaded Buffalo franchise. The Bills have just drafted the wrong player, not drafted others, and made poor trades. To think that Aaron Rodgers would be some shmuck if drafted by the Bills is insanely simplistic drivel.