EJ is ready to return: Set to Start at QB in Pittsburgh

EJ couldn't have asked for a sterner test in his first game back than to go up against Dick LeBeau. He's gonna see some things.

GO BILLS!!!

he might, but the Steelers D is a bunch of over the hill guys running in sand. The O line needs to do its great job of blocking again, and the running game should take pressure off of EJ. I'm liking the idea of 15-20 passes. FJax and CJ each should have 100+ rushing yards.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This injury crap is just out of control. So EJ finally returns to practice, yet he can't throw to either Woods or Goodwin and regain some chemistry because they're now both out.

Snakebitten doesn't even begin to describe this franchise.

This injury crap is just out of control. So EJ finally returns to practice, yet he can't throw to either Woods or Goodwin and regain some chemistry because they're now both out.

Let's hope both of those guys are on the field on Sunday.

@JaySkurski

Manuel says he doesn't feel good about Robert Woods' chances of playing. Goodwin is expected to be limited in practice Thursday. #Bills

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

he might, but the Steelers D is a bunch of over the hill guys running in sand. The O line needs to do its great job of blocking again, and the running game should take pressure off of EJ. I'm liking the idea of 15-20 passes. FJax and CJ each should have 100+ rushing yards.

Man, that's the perfect formula for sure. I hope your game plan comes to fruition.

I haven't watched them enough to comment on the Steelers this year, but I have a ton of respect for Dick LeBeau. If time is catching up to his players, there's not much he can do. Knowing where to have your guys and when to have them there isn't effective if they aren't fast enough in getting there.

GO BILLS!!!

You mean like the Panthers (3rd), Browns (5th), or Jet's (7th) in total defense, as opposed to the guys who allowed 33 points last week?

No doubt we've answered the bell against some of the better defenses this year. Far better than the Steelers from what I've gathered here. Like I said, I have a ton of respect for Dick LeBeau but if he doesn't have the horses, he can't be in the race.

GO BILLS!!!

No doubt we've answered the bell against some of the better defenses this year. Far better than the Steelers from what I've gathered here. Like I said, I have a ton of respect for Dick LeBeau but if he doesn't have the horses, he can't be in the race.

They're DLine is under-powered and with Harrison gone and Woodley a shell of himself, they get minimal pressure off the edges.

That being said, Dick LeBeau is the greatest Defensive coach I have ever had the pleasure to watch and he has a significant history of completely destroying rookie QB's.

I expect to see a LOT of Stillers in the box and a healthy measure of zonedawgs designed to bring interior pressure. The problem that creates is that Ike Taylor is really the only quality cover guy they have and he might be watching in civvies on Sunday. If the Bills have plenty of maxprotect in the gameplan, they might be able to take advantage of that issue; otoh a bunch of injured receivers is not part of the formula to do that.

This is going to be a really intriguing matchup.

P.S. Nice call last week on the matchup with the KC offense. I was afraid they were going to hold the ball for 35-40 minutes by attacking us with a horizontal gameplan heavy on TE's and RB's, but they were never able to get anything going. That was some good, quality entertainment. :D

They're DLine is under-powered and with Harrison gone and Woodley a shell of himself, they get minimal pressure off the edges.

That being said, Dick LeBeau is the greatest Defensive coach I have ever had the pleasure to watch and he has a significant history of completely destroying rookie QB's.

I expect to see a LOT of Stillers in the box and a healthy measure of zonedawgs designed to bring interior pressure. The problem that creates is that Ike Taylor is really the only quality cover guy they have and he might be watching in civvies on Sunday. If the Bills have plenty of maxprotect in the gameplan, they might be able to take advantage of that issue; otoh a bunch of injured receivers is not part of the formula to do that.

This is going to be a really intriguing matchup.

P.S. Nice call last week on the matchup with the KC offense. I was afraid they were going to hold the ball for 35-40 minutes by attacking us with a horizontal gameplan heavy on TE's and RB's, but they were never able to get anything going. That was some good, quality entertainment. :D

I agree about LeBeau. He's just done it for so long with so many different players and nobody has ever done it better.

I think we got plain lucky on a couple plays last week vs. their offense but, that said, our defense really deserved to win that game. Alonso REFUSED to let Charles get in any kind of flow, especially in the passing game. And while Alex Smith made a couple nice plays to escape certain doom, he was less than effective as his 4.3 YPA would attest. That just made it that much more painful to take. But I agree, it was fun watching us shut them down.

GO BILLS!!!

EJ couldn't have asked for a sterner test in his first game back than to go up against Dick LeBeau. He's gonna see some things.

GO BILLS!!!

Hopefully EJ will look better than he did against the Jets. I thought that EJ lacked poise against the Jets and that he made things worse for himself and the O-line in that game. Also his mechanics really broke down.

I was beating the drum for EJ leading up to the draft and overjoyed when we got him. Now I want to see him develop.

@buffalobills

Manuel: may continue to wear a brace on his knee, but undecided.

There were just a few questions I would have asked Marrone on Tuesday:

1) Will EJ wear knee braces?

2) As head coach, was is your personal opinion on knee braces?

3) In light of the John Fox and Gary Kubiak situations what do you do personally to stay in good health?

4) Do you work out regularly?

Of course none of these questions was asked.

I can not think of one good reason why a QB shouldn't wear a brace on both knees at all times. Why is it not mandatory?

(for the OLine as well)

I agree. I notice in college football that it seems like all the O-line wear knee braces.

Unless you're a QB like Kaepernick, Vick or RG3 where the majority of your game is still running, it seems like it would be a good idea to wear knee braces. More so if you're a tall guy like EJ who's more prone to taking shots to the knees.

Can we please stop with injury excuse thing. Every team has injuries. Especially at this time of year. If we don't have sufficient depth, that's a whole other issue.