A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order....

Additional thoughts to add to the mix:

The Bills D continues to gel and improve.

With all the injuries at QB AND WR, it's as hard to assemble an effective pass game as it is to evaluate the players involved.

Cordy Glenn dominated Tamba Hali. Hali came into the game with 9 sacks in 8 games and didn't get near Tuel. It was a complete and utter domination by Cordy.

One thing Tuel did well: He felt the rush and his internal clock were good.

The Bills didn't allow a sack to the best pass rushing team in the NFL.

True that. I do believe this was the first game where all of our defensive starters were healthy. Carrington is out for the year, but Branch has been a more than adequate replacement. I like these guys a lot.

Cordy Glenn has been great, and I think our line is gelling quite well too. Legursky has been an obvious improvement over Brown and I've seen very few issues with Wood, Urbik and Pears. One holding call on Pears, but otherwise he shut down Houston.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is essentially the same roster at most of the key positions as last year. Last years team had no fight. The staff last year even said how the other teams pushed them around and dictated what they did...thats right out of the mouth of the HC multiple times last year. This team was pathetic last few years. This team this year, with 3rd string and 4th strong QB's for half the games is averaging 22 PPG. Last years team 21.9 PPG and they had several games where we were blown out and got a couple garbage time TD's late to pad our scores.

This team has not been blown out, this offense has been scoring despite SJ, CJ, Freddie being hobbled and 3rd string and 4th string QB's playing. So to say its ONLY the D is blind ranting with no factual points. This team is BETER AS A WHOLE, not just the defense and thats with a TON of injuries to critical players.

To say its only Pettine and the D is pointless hate for the HC. Marrone and the whole staff have done a wonderful job changing the culture. We would have been blown out in many of these games under these conditions with Gailey here. In fact, I have no doubt we would not even have 3 wins, and we would not have been in position to win all these games like we have.

Key position changes this year on defense: Kiko, Manny Lawson, AW at safety, Robey, Hughes, Branch.

Key position changes on offense: EJ, Woods, Goodwin, Brown/Legursky

With the exception of one (LG), I would say these changes have all vastly improved our team.

This is not to denigrate your point that the new staff has instilled a better culture, but they did also improve the roster.

Edited by Big C

Key position changes this year on defense: Kiko, Manny Lawson, AW at safety, Robey, Hughes, Branch.

With the exception of one (LG), I would say these changes have all vastly improved our team.

Lets see...many of those were DRAFTED by this new regime...so you are again proving my point.

Second, the LG change is a DOWNGRADE from last year...again proving my point.

Third, Goodwin missed most the season and EJ half of it...again proving my point.

So, again, the guys suiting up week to week have mostly been the same with the exception of a few positions where we are actually worse than last year due to FA's leaving or injuries. Not to mention all the injuries to key defensive returning players like Gilmore, Brooks, McKelvin, Carrington, Lawson, Byrd...

Again, you mostly just proved my point. The suited up guys each week are not a whole lot different than last year, yet this team is playing WAY better, has MORE consistency, and fights each and every week where the other team looked like it did not even care and got regularly blown out in embarrassing fashion over the last 3 years.

Edited by Alphadawg7

This is not to denigrate your point that the new staff has instilled a better culture, but they did also improve the roster.

And really the truth lies somewhere in between.

Look at the improved play of Aaron Williams and D'Norris Searcy.

The difference between Wannstedt and Pettine is hard to even describe.

Chandler's first drop, on 3rd down in 1Q, would have put us in FG range. In a tight game, a play like that, even early in the game, is huge.

I recognize the importance of that play, but I'm not putting the defeat in Chandler's hands, nor am I giving up on him for a new TE. That man has been money in the bank in numerous situations. I still don't know how he ends up uncovered in the front of the end zone every other game--don't teams bother to watch film of the Bills?

And really the truth lies somewhere in between.

Look at the improved play of Aaron Williams and D'Norris Searcy.

The difference between Wannstedt and Pettine is hard to even describe.

yeah----people have a short memory.....only last year buffalo getting blown out by average teams in record setting fashion. now we are in every game...we see the talent that is on this team....and yet this only makes the mind boggling mistakes more frustrating. Only Buffalo has 1st and goal from the one with a 10-3 lead and a chance to put it away..........only Buffalo

Additional thoughts to add to the mix:

The Bills D continues to gel and improve.

With all the injuries at QB AND WR, it's as hard to assemble an effective pass game as it is to evaluate the players involved.

Cordy Glenn dominated Tamba Hali. Hali came into the game with 9 sacks in 8 games and didn't get near Tuel. It was a complete and utter domination by Cordy.

One thing Tuel did well: He felt the rush and his internal clock were good.

The Bills didn't allow a sack to the best pass rushing team in the NFL.

Agreed.

I have to look up the stats, but my sense was our offensive TOP and 3rd down conversions were good too. I note this because I think it helped our D stay fresh.

I recognize the importance of that play, but I'm not putting the defeat in Chandler's hands, nor am I giving up on him for a new TE. That man has been money in the bank in numerous situations. I still don't know how he ends up uncovered in the front of the end zone every other game--don't teams bother to watch film of the Bills?

When I watch Chandler, I don't see him doing anything particularly well for a TE - his hands are inconsistent. he doesn't stretch the field well, and he's a below-average blocker. I think that the Bills need an upgrade at TE.

Lets see...many of those were DRAFTED by this new regime...so you are again proving my point.

Second, the LG change is a DOWNGRADE from last year...again proving my point.

Third, Goodwin missed most the season and EJ half of it...again proving my point.

So, again, the guys suiting up week to week have mostly been the same with the exception of a few positions where we are actually worse than last year due to FA's leaving or injuries. Not to mention all the injuries to key defensive returning players like Gilmore, Brooks, McKelvin, Carrington, Lawson, Byrd...

Again, you mostly just proved my point. The suited up guys each week are not a whole lot different than last year, yet this team is playing WAY better, has MORE consistency, and fights each and every week where the other team looked like it did not even care and got regularly blown out in embarrassing fashion over the last 3 years.

I did say I was not trying to denigrate your point. It's not "essentially the same roster" when about half of your starting lineup is different. I'm agreeing with every you said about the regime turning things around.

Agreed.

I have to look up the stats, but my sense was our offensive TOP and 3rd down conversions were good too. I note this because I think it helped our D stay fresh.

Anyone want to talk about the dropped passes today!?

A different outcome on a small handful of offensive plays would dramatically change the opinions being aired on this board.

But despair and hysteria typically rule the roost around here.

To say its only Pettine and the D is pointless hate for the HC.

I hope that you don't mean me with the comment about "pointless hate." I am 100% willing to admit mistaken opinions. I did so in the OP wrt A. Williams.

I credit Marrone with bringing in Pettine (if this was his call). I also like that the team is always fighting back. If you think that Marrone is doing a good job of clock management (ESPECIALLY around the deuce at halftime) and play calling, please illustrate your point.

And btw thanks for the dialogue.

I did say I was not trying to denigrate your point. It's not "essentially the same roster" when about half of your starting lineup is different. I'm agreeing with every you said about the regime turning things around.

My bad, misunderstood your reply. And I capitalize words to emphasize the significance of said word, not to yell.

yeah----people have a short memory.....only last year buffalo getting blown out by average teams in record setting fashion. now we are in every game...we see the talent that is on this team....and yet this only makes the mind boggling mistakes more frustrating. Only Buffalo has 1st and goal from the one with a 10-3 lead and a chance to put it away..........only Buffalo

Great post, thank you!!!

Yup, we run on 1st and 2nd down, it doesn't work, so we pass on 3rd down and the QB throws one of the worst, most ill-advised passes I've ever seen a QB make, meanwhile, our #1 WR was wide open in the end zone and it's the coach's fault. We put together a gameplan that outgained an 8-0 team 470-210 with Jeff Tuel at QB and the coach is clueless. And once again, you have some bizarre fascination with calling out the coach for time management before the half. At least in the Miami game I knew what you were talking about (although I disagreed with you). In this game, I literally have no idea what you are talking about. And I love the Grateful Dead.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

no, the loss wasn't chandler's fault but how many wins have been? he's is not and will never approach the impact player status the current top tier or even 2nd tier TE's in the league are in. we have RB's in those categories and up and coming wide receivers that may well be but chandler just isn't. Edited by birdog1960

I hope that you don't mean me with the comment about "pointless hate." I am 100% willing to admit mistaken opinions. I did so in the OP wrt A. Williams.

I credit Marrone with bringing in Pettine (if this was his call). I also like that the team is always fighting back. If you think that Marrone is doing a good job of clock management (ESPECIALLY around the deuce at halftime) and play calling, please illustrate your point.

And btw thanks for the dialogue.

My point is that you blame a lot of things, like the play calls on Marrone...when in fact Marrone does not make those calls, Hacket does, always have here and in college. I said your disdain for Marrone was misguided. I am saying that you crediting everyone else, especially just the D, can only come from blind hate from the coach if you think Marrone has not had a hand in turning this team and the culture around.

The offense, despite playing with scrub QB's half the season and seeing its most talented weapons in SJ, CJ and Freddie hobbled and playing through injuries (not to mention Goodwin) is averaging more than last years team by a hair still. So its not all the D. And last years team PPG were a fraud as we had several blow out games where we got garbage time scores to get over 20 points. This team has been way better on both sides of the ball.

So, I feel your disgust with Marrone is misguided and that the lack of credit you give him for how this team has fought every week is not really fair to him. He, and the whole staff and FO have had quite an impact on quickly changing the attitude and culture of this team. This team is on the right track, and I think we have the right staff to do so. No one ever said it would be easy or that there would not be growing pains, but they are proving the times are changing and when we get healthy and continue to see our young talent develop, this team is going to be a tough ass team to beat.

Edited by Alphadawg7

no, the loss wasn't chandler's fault but how many wins have been? he's is not and will never approach the impact player status the current top tier or even 2nd tier TE's in the league are in. we have RB's in those categories and up and coming wide receivers that may well be but chandler just isn't.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/163321-a-few-thoughts-about-the-game-in-no-particular-order/#entry2965076

KD answers your question.

Edited by Bill from NYC

1) I like Robey more and more every week. He made a great play on that 3rd and 3 to hold the Chiefs to a field goal in the 2nd quarter. This kid is a keeper, and they need to sign him for a few years.

The way he hit that guy I thought it was Byrd, especially because the announcers said it was Byrd...

2) Kudos to CJ Spiller. The guy can make plays. Hopefully with a rest he will get to full speed.

Wish he would have done more earlier in the game, it'd have changed the dynamic.

3) The middle of the Bills DL did everything I asked of them. They were not at all the problem today.

We got nothing from the DE position - including Mario Williams, who still played a good game.

4) Question for all.....who would you rather have on your football team, Jairus Byrd or Aaron Williams? Place me in the Williams camp. And let me be the first one to admit that I thought he sucked, and was a wasted pick. He not only is a talented safety, he goes balls to the wall on every play.

Who is going to be the other safety? Before I vote, I think it is an important bit of information. If it is Leonhard for one more season with AWilliams... I can live with that. But, I'm fine with franchising Byrd once again.

5) Two passes just after the deuce at the half while KC had 2 timeouts and then an incompletion? They left the Chiefs with 1:47, after burning all of 13 seconds. Is this how it works? More about Marrone later.

0-5 on challenges this season.

7) It's a shame that Tuel has a worse arm than an average high school quarterback. He does seem to feel the pass rush. That said, he should be cut, and I am talking about tonight.

I'd take him over Lewis going forward. I think, at this point without replaying the game that I would start him over Lewis next week.

8) I always did like Chandler, but he had 2 drops today that turned my stomach. It's time for another tight end folks.

God, he's like that girl you took on a date in high school. Things will be just fine, things will then get better and then you expect a great moment and boom. Five minutes later you do the routine again and it turns out the same.

9) Speaking of drops, the one by Easley was rather gut wrenching, no?

He's better then Hogan, Woods and Graham...right?

10) Help me here.....was there a worse call in NFL history than the one which resulted in a 101 yard pick six? I hate to be to critical of Saint Marrone. Wait..... this is a lie. He is an amateur. A rank amateur. He hasn't a clue. Not one freaking clue.

I am fine with a passing play here but not that passing play. I fail to understand why we do not get the RB's involved in passing and make Summers block on pass protection. Line up in the I and then pass it.

11) Gilmore was brutal today. How long must we wait for him to produce? Maybe we should wait for his contract to expire and slap the franchise tag on him, no?

I think this goes a lot for how good Bowe is. There was one penalty that was called him Gilmore, iirc, that was crap. And several times Bowe pushed off on Gilmore that should have been called. I still like Gilmore.

12) HUGE shout out to Coach Petine!!! He is doing a splendid job with what he has, despite being hamstrung by the coaching on the offensive side and of course from the top.

If we lose him to be a HC this offseason, yikes.

13) On the pass on which Woods was banged up (late 3rd quarter) he was held for 5, maybe 10 yards. Am I the only one who saw this?

Woods has been getting hands on him a lot. I am not sure if it is the way he plays that makes him a target for DB's keeping a hand on him or it is just the way it turns out. In the Cleveland game DB's would literally keep him off of his balance.

14) Kiko is on a fast track to being all pro. He is a pleasure to watch.

He did not amaze me today. However, he did play a solid game. Taking proper angles and not getting lost in the wash, as he was having a tendency to do earlier in the year.

15) Lots of talent on this roster. Good quarterback play and we are a legit team, let alone a very good one.

So, Flynn?

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to bring up Bowe again. This guy is just like Eric Moulds. A great receiver, probably among the best in the NFL easily but playing on teams that are pretty bad on offense. I feel bad for him, but he is getting paid. The guy can flat out play.

I actually felt worse after the Miami game than I did today. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's true.

When I saw Tuel warming up, I was shocked. I don't think I have ever seen a worse performance than Tuel v. Cle. But today I thought he did a really good job. The ball floated on him a few times, but he hit his receivers probably 80% of the time. The pick 6 was ridiculous. I just stared at that one thinking, why call a play like that with an undrafted rookie free agent from open pants Idaho? Run a counter or something.

So many idiotic plays today. The illegal block on the punt return. Chandler's drops. When he dropped the last one, I was thinking he was being paid to throw the game. There were several other drops. How can anybody blame this on Tuel? He's a kid who led the team to nearly 500 yards. Undrafted. Nobody ever heard of him.

The team gave away the game. Not the defense. Not the offense. The team.

Oh, somebody mentioned on the bomb to Woods...yeah, that guy had his hands on his jersey for about 20 yards. Ridiculous non call.

I called a friend who is a Chiefs fan and asked him if he felt a little dirty after winning that game. He agreed that the Chiefs did not deserve to win.

1) I like Robey more and more every week. He made a great play on that 3rd and 3 to hold the Chiefs to a field goal in the 2nd quarter. This kid is a keeper, and they need to sign him for a few years.

No problems there.....he is signed through the 2015 season.

4) Question for all.....who would you rather have on your football team, Jairus Byrd or Aaron Williams? Place me in the Williams camp. And let me be the first one to admit that I thought he sucked, and was a wasted pick. He not only is a talented safety, he goes balls to the wall on every play.

Aaron is the overlooked Williams on the Bills D.

5) Two passes just after the deuce at the half while KC had 2 timeouts and then an incompletion? They left the Chiefs with 1:47, after burning all of 13 seconds. Is this how it works? More about Marrone later.

They were 2nd & goal on the 8. In that position the only objective is to get the TD. Clock management be hanged......call the play you think has the best chance for the TD.

10) Help me here.....was there a worse call in NFL history than the one which resulted in a 101 yard pick six? I hate to be to critical of Saint Marrone. Wait..... this is a lie. He is an amateur. A rank amateur. He hasn't a clue. Not one freaking clue.

This comment really makes no sense. A legit QB would have come away with the TD in that play(SJ was open). As a coach, you either trust your players to be able to make the plays(like the long bomb earlier in the game), or you don't have them play.

Focusing only on the negatives(and I agree, that play couldn't be any more negative) does a disservice to the overall picture. With a 4th string QB starting against a top 5 defense, we managed to rack up 470 yards......and if not for a fluke bad play, we likely would have won.

12) HUGE shout out to Coach Petine!!! He is doing a splendid job with what he has, despite being hamstrung by the coaching on the offensive side and of course from the top.

Agreed. Fantastic defensive performance(though a takeaway would have been nice)......but again, I don't get the negativity regarding the offensive coaches. It was the coaches who have been hamstrung with a 4th string QB.....and horrible QB play all season.

15) Lots of talent on this roster. Good quarterback play and we are a legit team, let alone a very good one.

It's like the talent just sprung out of the woodwork this year. McKelvin, A.Williams, Dareus, Kiko, Lawson, Woods. Hopefully EJ joins the surprises and by years end we will have our good QB play. A new TE(as you mentioned earlier) would be a nice addition next off-season too.

On that there can be no objections. Go BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Kudos to CJ Spiller. The guy can make plays. Hopefully with a rest he will get to full speed.

3) The middle of the Bills DL did everything I asked of them. They were not at all the problem today.

6) Same old story and I know it's been told.

Some like jelly jelly,

Some like gold.

Many a man's done a terrible thing,

just to get baby,

a shiny diamond ring.

7) It's a shame that Tuel has a worse arm than an average high school quarterback. He does seem to feel the pass rush. That said, he should be cut, and I am talking about tonight.

8) I always did like Chandler, but he had 2 drops today that turned my stomach. It's time for another tight end folks.

11) Gilmore was brutal today. How long must we wait for him to produce? Maybe we should wait for his contract to expire and slap the franchise tag on him, no?

13) On the pass on which Woods was banged up (late 3rd quarter) he was held for 5, maybe 10 yards. Am I the only one who saw this?

Bill, Let me give you some advise (you may take it or leave it): I think you should wait for a few hours until after the game to do your post, especially a gut wrenching one like this. You're letting your anger cloud your perspective. I use to look forward to your posts, but just not tracking with you this year. Sorry.

KC's strategy today reminded me of an NHL team playing the trap. They just waited for Tuel and the bungling receivers to make critical errors. And boy they didn't disappoint. KC was smart. They played conservative knowing we would hand them points eventually. Ugh.

A big play early is one everyone is forgetting. McKelvin, why didn't you just fall on it?!!?

Anyone want to talk about the dropped passes today!?

The drop pass that strikes me the worst is the only one I considered critical. A TE does not drop the 1st drop Chandler had. I am too frustrated right now to recall where that was and all - blocking it out I guess, but it would have been a TD.

Easley's pass - 4th WR's drop passes, you can't catch them all. SJ13 will drop some. Chandlers other pass...there is a reason they're TE's and not WR's.

Three passes I want to bring up:

One misconception is the pass thrown to TJ Graham. The one that was too far away to catch was clearly too far away from him. The camera angle didn't show it, but it was too far out of bounds for TJ to have made the leap and return in bounds already on the sideline. A better route would have kept him 3 or 4 more yards in bounds but the DB had great coverage on him.

Another was Goodwins long TD. Tuel went with a gutsy throw when Goodwin was not looking and he still knew when to turn his head. I have to imagine that is a common route and play ran in practice to have it work out that Goodwin was that alert. Great play.

The other was the INT where whatshisname was totally out of position. WGR brought it up twice. How would this guy know anything about how to sit there and get that ball? There isn't enough film or anything to know that it would happen. The guy blew his coverage and became the luckiest guy in the world today.

And, on TJ Grahams fumble - which was a catch but I am not counting for the play it will be deemed as we rewrite history to defame and burn Graham at the cross...if he had not fumbled it he still would not have got the TD. At that point of the game we were not keeping the momentum to make me believe we could have punched it in there for the TD. Does this matter? Not really, but it did turn up being more Chiefs points.

Edited by jboyst62

Bottom line, OBDs management of the QB situation is costing us a chance at the playoffs.

Agree completely. Their management of the QB position this off season is akin to someone flailing about in her dark for a light switch. If they can't plan ahead at QB, and yes they've had injuries, it's hard to believe they'll build an entire team that reaches the playoffs.

A legit QB would have come away with the TD in that play(SJ was open).

So true! Now who, in any stretch of the imagination, would consider Tuel a "legit QB?" Seriously, would you? I am happy to agree to disagree and always welcome the dialogue. This board is great. So please make your case to me how Marrone has not been killing this team before the half in many of our games. And yes, I said Marrone, not Hackett.

A strong head football coach in the NFL makes the crucial decisions. He doesn't stand there clueless. He makes the calls and the big bucks. Am I wrong?

If you never saw Dennis Shaw pass, today should give you a good idea of what he was like. Especially the long passes that were always just a little short and up for grabs. Although considering it was only his second start, I thought Tuel did pretty well.

I'd be willing to bet that next year KC doesn't win 8 games. Everything is going their way this year. It won't two years in a row.

At the very least, the Bills are certainly entertaining this year.

So true! Now who, in any stretch of the imagination, would consider Tuel a "legit QB?" Seriously, would you? I am happy to agree to disagree and always welcome the dialogue. This board is great. So please make your case to me how Marrone has not been killing this team before the half in many of our games. And yes, I said Marrone, not Hackett.

A strong head football coach in the NFL makes the crucial decisions. He doesn't stand there clueless. He makes the calls and the big bucks. Am I wrong?

I think MRW & Alphadawg7 put it nicely in a different thread.....

Is it ok to pass from the 10? I'm really struggling to understand why getting the ball to the goal line means you go into a shell. You're not the only one I've seen saying this, but far from being common sense it seems nonsensical to me.

You mean besides running twice before that with no luck against a dominant defensive front? Or like they did a few weeks ago 4 straight times and didn't get in from the same spot?

I promise you that you would be on here hating on them for NOT passing it they had tried a 3rd straight run that did not work. Hypocrisy of this board never disappoints.

Edited by Dibs

You gotta let it go man. You are really a rebel without a cause on this time management before the half issue. In the Miami game, they wanted to score more points. Period. That's what good teams try to do. Running the ball up the middle to make Miami burn their timeouts is sheepish, it is dated, it is 1980's football, it is not what winning teams do. You go out there and you try to score more points. As far as today, what are you suggesting they should have done differently WRT the clock exactly?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

6) Same old story and I know it's been told.

Some like jelly jelly,

Some like gold.

Many a man's done a terrible thing,

just to get baby,

a shiny diamond ring.

Agree with most points Bill. I even said to my brother in law just kick the fg to go up by 10. In Marrone's/Hacket's defense they had Johnson wide open in the back of the endzone. It is not their fault Tuel sucks.

& this is my final point. This team is close, I mean really close but they need a qb & hopefully Manuel is that guy. If he takes that next step next year this team will contend for a playoff spot. The talent is here, they just need a triggerman. Vince Lombardi could not win with Tuel as his Qb.

Agree completely. Their management of the QB position this off season is akin to someone flailing about in her dark for a light switch. If they can't plan ahead at QB, and yes they've had injuries, it's hard to believe they'll build an entire team that reaches the playoffs.

They obtained one of the best available veteran QBs on the FA market to back up their rookie starter. The vet gets injured......there are no decent ones left on the market......what would you have done better at that point? Any team that has its starter and backup QB go down injured is going to be flailing about in the dark trying to find a legit replacement.

Edited by Dibs

I love the hate for Gilmore still. The Chiefs could sustain nothing on offense because they couldn't push the ball down field and couldn't consistently pick up 3rd downs. Gilmore allowed 5-6 catches, all short, all in front of him where he moved forward and made the tackle easily. Bowe averaged less than 10 yards per reception with a long of 12 yards. You give up those types of receptions all day and make Alex Smith make 10+ plays to beat you. Gilmore, and the D, did a great job.

It boggles my mind that you continue your crusade against certain players but I expect it from you. It's like you expect the guy to never give up receptions and when he does you're right there to jump on him as if he sucks.

They obtained one of the best available veteran QBs on the FA market to back up their rookie starter. The vet gets injured......there are no decent ones left on the market......what would you have done better at that point? Any team that has its starter and backup QB go down injured is going to be flailing about in the dark trying to find a legit replacement.

The point is valid, but given Kolb's injury history alone I would have kept T Jax.

As far as today, what are you suggesting they should have done differently WRT the clock exactly?

How about kill the clock, go up by 10, and receive the football to start the 3rd quarter with an undrafted rookie qb. Does this sound stupid to you?

Seriously, your blind allegiance is hard to comprehend, and even a bit boring in terms of discussion.

I've said this numerous times, but I'll say it again.

Why release Tarvaris Jackson in June, before training camp and preseason where injuries are bound to happen?(Especially to injury prone players-ala Kevin Kolb)

It was a stupid decision and it probably cost us a shot at the playoffs.

It was a bad decision but I doubt it cost the Bills a chance at the playoffs. This team wasn't getting to the post season this year though I'd hoped that they'd be farther along than 9 games before I abandoned hope.

How about kill the clock, go up by 10, and receive the football to start the 3rd quarter with an undrafted rookie qb. Does this sound stupid to you?

Seriously, your blind allegiance is hard to comprehend, and even a bit boring in terms of discussion.

Go up by 10? We kicked a FG with 1:47 left to go up by 7. When did we have an opportunity to go up by 10 at the end of the first half?