Thaddeus Lewis starting against Bengals

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or... or... or...just maybe they like Thaddeus Lewis better than Dixon or White? They actually have seen him in practice for several weeks now.

They worked them both out and outside of getting Freeman, which I can see why he chose Minn (EJ could be back ina few weeks, he wants a Long Term gig) they didn't like either one more than what they have seen from Lewis. They need a guy to start a game in 6 days. They weren't convinced either could run this offense better than Thad. Not to say they are thrilled about Thad or Tuel starting, but the options are very few. Regarding White, Thad actually has more NFL experience plus he has been with the team for 6 weeks. Makes all the sense that unless White(or Dixon) blew them away they just weren't the best option to bring in a brand new QB to the team, offense, coach them to start a game in 6 days. I totally get the decision. Freeman was their best bet outside the org. because he has been starting for a team, at least, and could more easily step in. These other guys have been sitting on their coaches and if they were just coming in to be on the PS that is one thing.. to start a game is another. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Both LGs in a meeting, talking with them before announcing anything.

Jermey speculating maybe that is where the roster spot for Thad comes from?

I cant see that..don't cut a guy with another in the room I would not think

It sounds like the Kicker situation comes to a head this week.

Agreed....doesn't inspire confidence in the people making the football decisions at One Bills Drive

Nah, they liked Tuel, he performed well in practice. He got his shot in a tie game at Cleveland and failed. I give the staff credit for saying "let's go with something new" and maybe the unknown is better.

Here's the thing, the Bills, for the first time in a long time, have started to assemble a cast of players that can hang with other teams regardless of QB play. EJ, while showing signs this year, has not had games where he has put the team on his back and the team has rode him to victory. EJ has managed the games while making a few plays. Maybe Lewis can continue that trend. Either way, the rest of the team will be the most healthy its been all year.

Marrone keeps pushing the mantra that they elevate players from practice squad as FIRST option --- not a bad strategy to get players to want to be on your practice squad --- in this case, I'm not so sure he is the best option --- but I get that train of thought

What do people expect? They have to start someone. Tuel isnt the answer that much should be obvious to anyone paying attention. So the plan right now is to stick a finger in the dyke and hope the D can keep the games close.

Maybe they can grab a starting QB in next years draft and EJ can be the backup.

He was only here for like a week before the season. He didn't know the playbook at all. Tuel, at least, has been here since OTAs.

Here's his start last year: http://www.nfl.com/p...ogs?season=2012

I wanted Freeman but at least it's not Tuel. Anyone hoping that we got a guy off waivers and started him this week is crazy. We still have a bunch of weapons and our D is getting healthy. Not ready to give up on this season at all. The Bengals are very beatable.

Agree to a point. He still should have been on the active roster as 3rd QB. He could have played after Tuel was ineffective last week. Having said that, I don't mind he's starting and I also think we win next week.

He said they'll sign another QB for the Practice Squad and Pat White is not eligible for that.

Are you sure he is not eligible? Can't say I am an expert on the rules, but he has only had one season and I am not if he was even active for all of it. Just curious.

Lewis was originally on the PS b/c he was only here for a couple of days. Tuel got a shot, looked horrible and so they are elevating Lewis. Lewis' skillset is far superior to Tuel's. I have ZERO issue with him starting based on our options. I was hoping for Freeman but it is what it is.

Pat White will not be signed!

what a surprise. The Bills go with the cheapest option. Folks, we still don't have a legitimate backup QB on the roster, or a legitimate (healthy) starter for that matter. Edited by mannc

Freeman signed for $3 mil

Bills should have offered him $5 mil.

this confirms they are not serious about this season.

Tuel, Thad Lewis and Pat White are a joke.

Freeman would never come to Buffalo. Not even for $5 million. Freeman is not a backup. He is a starter. The Bills have a starter.

Thad Lewis starting makes perfect sense. He knows the offense. He is better than Tuel.

Backups aren't supposed to be as good as starters .... otherwise, they'd be starters.

Then he should have been on the active roster and EJs backup from the start.

Exactly. Either Tuel has consistently been the better QB or he hasn't. If he has the coaching staff should forgive the egg he laid and chalk it up to it being his first taste of a real NFL game, in prime time, on the road against a tough D. If he hasn't then why wasn't Lewis the #2 for the first 5 games?