Donte Whitner legally changing name to 'Donte Hitner'

BillsWatch

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitner is an imature baby who is always looking for attention.

His Tweets are a perfect example.

I remember him tweeting asking for fans to give him their BBM pins so he can chat with them and then tweeting later asking why guys are giving him their BBM pins.

I also remember that he would always tweet links to articles about when the Bills brought in free agent safeties for a visit.

He is a moron and an imature kid. Remember when he tweeted a photo of his new Bills logo tattoo weeks before the Bills chose not to resign him?

CBF

Whifner ! ha ha. That was good.

Can't wait for Bill in NYC and 4merper4mer to chime in on this

Jokes apart, I don't get the desire for celebrities to change their names.

Well, in terms of his value to the Bills as a #8, he should certainly place an S in front of his new name.

Now that all of the bashing is done, Whitner is a good player.

A lot of Bills fans wanted to run him out of town, but he is a good player and he has played quite well in SF.

IN MY OPINION AND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT this is not bashing. These posts are consistent with the Terms of Service which permits members to criticize players or ex-players, especially in light of the fact he is changing his name to reflect a certain trait which he (mistakenly or not) believes he possesses (i.e. legal hitting). It is no different than any one of us changing our member name and still posting responses. Just because the name changes doesn't make that member (or player) any better, more insightful or important than the rest.

A lot of Bills fans wanted to run him out of town, but he is a good player and he has played quite well in SF.

Actually, he is a bad player. He has played poorly for San Fran. And the reason he is still there was that they tried--but weren't yet able to--get a replacement. I have little doubt that he will be cut this off-season.

I have nothing against Whitner, but he is truly an inferior talent. I would rather have Searcy.

Actually, he is a bad player. He has played poorly for San Fran. And the reason he is still there was that they tried--but weren't yet able to--get a replacement. I have little doubt that he will be cut this off-season.

I have nothing against Whitner, but he is truly an inferior talent. I would rather have Searcy.

Ya wanna know what, youre 100% right.

I just did a lot of research on him, and I thought he was doing much better than he is.

I'm going to go ahead, and.... disagree with you there Bob... MMMkay?

yeah.... Whitner is an average player at best on a good defense(SF). When he played for Buffalo, he was a marginal player on a bad defense.

I just did a lot of research on him, and I thought he was doing much better than he is.

Happy to have seen this post from you :thumbsup:

That's the thing-- the media was quick to consider this guy a stud because he played on a great defense. But if you watch them play and listen to what all the Niner experts have to say, it's the same old story on Whitner-- poor angles, bad coverage, late to the ball, no big plays. Fact is, we're probably unnecessarily harsh on him because he was a 3rd round talent but we took him 8th overall. Not his fault that the FO screwed up.

You did a 'lot of research' in 18 minutes ?

?

?

What is your confusion? Did you read the posts backwards?

Yes. It doesn't take very long to read 5 articles detailing his poor angles and him struggling to make tackles. We have the internet now. I didn't have to drive to the library.

Edited by ChallengeHistory

?

really put him under the microscope and realized that even with a changed name, its the same old story.

whitner isnt a bad safety, but not a particularly good one either. run of the mill guy that youll take, but you dont build around. unfortunately, top ten picks need to be guys you build around.

That's the thing-- the media was quick to consider this guy a stud because he played on a great defense. But if you watch them play and listen to what all the Niner experts have to say, it's the same old story on Whitner-- poor angles, bad coverage, late to the ball, no big plays. Fact is, we're probably unnecessarily harsh on him because he was a 3rd round talent but we took him 8th overall. Not his fault that the FO screwed up.

:thumbsup:

really put him under the microscope and realized that even with a changed name, its the same old story.

whitner isnt a bad safety, but not a particularly good one either. run of the mill guy that youll take, but you dont build around. unfortunately, top ten picks need to be guys you build around.

It's funny.

YOU bashed me for not admitting when I was wrong.

Now I do, and you take another shot at me.

Interesting.

:thumbsup:

It's funny.

YOU bashed me for not admitting when I was wrong.

Now I do, and you take another shot at me.

Interesting.

i was making a joke, settle down. no actual harm meant by it - he changed names and is underwhelming still, you changed names and are underwhelming still - it just seemed natural (see, another joke - not bashing).

heck, didnt i thank you the other day for looking something up?

Now that all of the bashing is done, Whitner is a good player in my opinion

A lot of Bills fans may have wanted to run him out of town, but in my opinion he is a good player and he has played quite well in SF from what I've seen of him.

The main part of your post that I disagree with is stricken. It came across as implying that we are all immature dolts (which I am, but that is irrelevant) :) Try not to instigate a fight in your first line....with all due respect.