Donte Whitner legally changing name to 'Donte Hitner'

BillsWatch

An average ball player calling attention to himself? How novel of himself. His ego is overly inflated but it is his life. If he was my son/brother/cousin/friend, I would tell him to get over his silly self.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually hilarious. I wonder when in his life he realized what the W stood on the way of?

I never hated DW. The board blamed him for his draft position. He was a decent player for buf and usually led the team in tackles but not the all pro you'd expect based on his draft spot. His silly twitner persona and propensity to shoot of his mouth only exacerbated the distain.

An fine example is the comment that Searcey is better. Searcey has had a far less distinguished career and frankly is not even a starting safety for the bills, except in the case of multiple injuries.

What Searcey surpassed whitner on is exceeding expectations based on draft position, not in playing time, statistical achievements, depth chart position probowls, etc.

@darrenrovell

Per NFL rules, once Whitner changes his name to Hitner, he must buy all remaining Whitner jerseys on his own dime.

im guessing the inventory is less than a lot of other guys out there. i cant imagine it was a big seller, or anticipated to have become one soon. (not a dig, simply hes not a top guy on his own squad yet alone leaguewide, and doesnt seem particularly liked)

I liked how he would wait for the ball to sail right past him so he could lay a "hit" on someone after the catch, then prance around in victory as they extended their drive which would almost always end in a TD. the hit would never jar the ball loose by the way. Because he was too lil' I suppose.

I never hated DW. The board blamed him for his draft position. He was a decent player for buf and usually led the team in tackles but not the all pro you'd expect based on his draft spot.

I don't hate Whitner but I hated the way he tackled - back tackles going for the big explosive hit but if he whiffed, gone for the big gain instead. Give me a guy who will put his shoulder into it and wrap, like the Football Gods intended. That way if he whiffs, he still has a shot at the legs, shoes, or shoestrings.

Whitner led the Bills in tackles because our DL had the porosity of a pasta strainer and we had thrift-shop LBs. He wasn't a bad player, but he wasn't a stud, either, and still isn't.

Edited by Hopeful

Apparently I've been blocked by lil Donte on Twitter for tweeting the following: "@DonteWhitner changing name to Hitner. Saw hm blo coverage and jump on piles 4 yrs in Bflo. Whiffner wud b better. #BillsMafia #LegalWhiffner"

I guess he didn't know...