Cordy Glenn turning into a stud LT...

Big Turk

Still think he could be the best in the league at LG...if they moved him there.

Agreed. Jonathan Ogden and Walter Jones would've made excellent left guards as well. With their size, agility and strength! Baltimore and Seattle missed an opportunity to have maybe the best left guards this league has ever seen for over a decade.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Jonathan Ogden and Walter Jones would've made excellent left guards as well. With their size, agility and strength! Baltimore and Seattle missed an opportunity to have maybe the best left guards this league has ever seen for over a decade.

Ogden did play G his rookie year, and was quite good!

Under the new CBA, rookies can't sign new contracts until after their 3rd season. Its precisely the reason Colin Kapernick didn't receive a new contract last offseason. The 49ers must wait until this upcoming offseason for their 1st chance to give him a new deal.

I did not know this. Wow, the veterans really screwed the younger guys in that last CBA.

we'll see how good whaley is as a gm. He came from the Steelers and although they don't look solid now, have been the gem of the league forever.

he already said he doesnt do contract negotiations... something that still worries me about this FO

I did not know this. Wow, the veterans really screwed the younger guys in that last CBA.

its called negotiation. they gave on some issues, got on others.

but it is surprising, three years is a long time to make rookies work and risk their health before being able to cash in, if they are worthy of an extension earlier.

its called negotiation. they gave on some issues, got on others.

but it is surprising, three years is a long time to make rookies work and risk their health before being able to cash in, if they are worthy of an extension earlier.

Vets were tired of seeing first round busts getting $70 million contracts by being good in college and taking money away from established good NFL players and I can't say I blame them

They also screwed themselves, because salaries are going down for most positions except quarterbacks, who are receiving insane contracts.

Part of the problem the last time around was the decision to overpay for Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker. Peters saw he was the most valuable offensive lineman; yet was collecting the third-highest salary on the OL. That's a recipe for resentment. (And why it's a good thing we didn't overpay for Levitre.)

Gotta respectfully disagree my friend. Walker and Dockery were dogs. Levitre was FAR better than average. They traded back into the second round to get him (I would have been happy with him in round 1), and he did every single thing they asked of him, to include filling in at other positions. He was also quite durable.

Sorry, I can't find a valid comparison.

Glenn is exactly the type of LT the Bills have been needing for years. From all accounts Glenn is a positive and talented individual.

Keep him at LT resign him after his 3rd year. You then would have your two most important Olinemen figured out- Center and LT.

Some teams do value guards. i get why the Saints do because of Brees' height. But for the Bills and EJ gaurds need to be adequate not the best in the league. Find another good young one in round 2-3 next year.

They also screwed themselves, because salaries are going down for most positions except quarterbacks, who are receiving insane contracts.

Gotta respectfully disagree my friend. Walker and Dockery were dogs. Levitre was FAR better than average. They traded back into the second round to get him (I would have been happy with him in round 1), and he did every single thing they asked of him, to include filling in at other positions. He was also quite durable.

Sorry, I can't find a valid comparison.

I agree that Levitre is a much better football player than Walker or Dockery. However, the Titans vastly overpaid for him. Had the Bills wanted to keep Levitre, we would have had to overpay by even more. Had we done that, we would have driven up the price for Wood and Glenn.

Believe you me, I'm not happy about having lost Levitre. You could drive a truck through the hole the Bills have at LG. But when another team decides to greatly overpay for one of your free agents, it creates problems. Whether you offer to overpay by an even greater margin, or whether you let the free agent walk, you're still getting punished. The only way to avoid that punishment is to extend your best players before they hit free agency. Which the Bills obviously failed to do with Levitre.